Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,721 to 11,740 of 70,066

KirbyTheVampire

Zerodactyl wrote:

Is the Switch actually worth buying at the moment, or is it best to wait until more games are released? I was going to do an unboxing of it for my YouTube channel, but didn't have enough money for a launch day purchase. Now that I do have enough, I'm debating buying the console or waiting.

If you like the games, sure. That's really all it comes down to, since the system itself won't really change at all.

KirbyTheVampire

Zerodactyl

@Azooooz @KirbyTheVampire BOTW looks awesome, but getting it on the Wii U seems like a cheaper alternative. I might wait till some more of the big games release, or if I get jealous

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

Zerodactyl wrote:

@Azooooz @KirbyTheVampire BOTW looks awesome, but getting it on the Wii U seems like a cheaper alternative. I might wait till some more of the big games release, or if I get jealous

If you're gonna get one later anyway, you might as well just buy a Switch now and get Zelda on the Switch, unless you don't care about the portability or the boost in resolution.

KirbyTheVampire

Maxz

@Zerodactyl If you're going to get a Switch at some point and want to get BotW now, it would make sense to get both together, rather than have the game tied to a system that will be relegated from 'primary console' in then not-too-distant future. When the Switch dies arrive, it'd be a bit of a pain having to dig out the Wii U every time you wanted to play it again. And from personal experience, the portability makes the game much more pleasant and digestible, along with the fact you never have to turn on the console and wait for the game to load. Just wake it from Sleep Mode, and boom, instant Zelda. So yeah, if you can afford it, I'd say now is as good as ever. I don't expect the Switch is going to get a massive price drop (though probably some bundles at a Christmas), so holding off for a month or so probably won't even save much money.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

proxeria

I wasn't able to pre-order the Switch on time, so I'm stuck waiting until there are more consoles available. And I figured I might as well wait to get BOTW on the Switch though, since it might be better in the long run. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

proxeria

Switch Friend Code: SW-6523-6161-8236 | 3DS Friend Code: 1006-4178-5191 | My Nintendo: proxeria | Nintendo Network ID: joypendant | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

Just had a thought:

Would Nintendo eventually give us the choice in purchasing the Nintendo Switch and the Joy-Cons in a standalone bundle (excluding the $/€/£90 dock), especially when the 3DS retires for good in 12-18 months time?

It would be a great way to not only bring in more people/families to the platform, but it would take off in places like Japan and wherever else in the world that the 3DS and PS Vita has always been consistently popular in.

Peek-a-boo

skywake

@Peek-a-boo
I'm fairly sure that Nintendo has a pretty healthy margin on the dock when brought separately. I don't think it's adding much to the cost of the system itself. Especially given that they need to include the AC adaptor whether they have the dock in the box or not.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

FGPackers

@Peek-a-boo i don't think that would be the case because it would almost kill the concept of the console. There would not be anymore the famous "Switch", even if that could be a nice move that can make Nintendo sell more systems

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haruki_NLI

Just done a little test out of boredom comparing PS4 Share with Screenshots to Switch.

In the interest of fairness it is rather close in speed.

• From the press of Share on PS4, to the menu popping up, thus giving access to any functionality, is longer than just nabbing a screenshot on Switch.
    From pressing Take a Screenshot on PS4 to the message saying screen taken, is actually just as snappy, so woo. So if you don't count the time to activate the share features on PS4, its just as fast.

But the sharing part is where it gets weird.

-PS4 immediately loads a list to choose where you want to share to. This took around 8-10 seconds on my PS4, running 4.50 firmware. In this time on Switch, you return to the home screen, open Album, choose the most recent image, click Post, it defaults to your main account, in this case Twitter, loads up the add message, and you click Post and it sends it.

Here is the thing. By the time PS4 gave me my list, most of which I don't have, Id already moved to the Post screen on Switch. However, I chose Twitter and it gave me the Post Screen and a fair bit of fluff to scroll through like PSN visibility and such, before letting me post, at which point both systems load, and say it's sent.

So in that process, Switch is faster, even though you need to go through the Album.

But the real daunting thing is this test was performed 10 minutes ago and the PSN Screenshot has yet to show up despite being sent.

In all while the PS4 OS is just as fast as Switch, I feel Switch's less fluff approach, such as less things to scroll past when on the Twitter form, gives it the edge, even when having to go via Album. But the big kick for PS4 is it loads that list instead of loading a linked account immediately.

And I really don't know where the PS4 image went either. Its not shown up. :/

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

canucksfan989

@KirbyTheVampire Main reason i'm not getting Zelda on my Wii U i'll gladly wait and play what i got on my Wii U and hold off until a price drop or bundle happens for the Switch

canucksfan989

skywake

It's interesting hearing all the people say they're going to wait for the Switch. That they're going to keep playing Nintendo's Wii U releases until more games come out. Meanwhile my Wii U has already found its way into storage.....

Ryu_Niiyama

@skywake I just think it is interesting because I don't remember there being this much hype and love for the wiiu. I've seen users on here that used to bash the wiiu and whine about how underpowered it is and yet they are now the wiiu's best friends. I never unplugged mine. Working on Darksiders II in between Switch Zelda runs.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

skywake

@Ryu_Niiyama
Well last year I only got a few games because for most of the year the only game I played was Overwatch. Twilight Princess HD was the only new game I got for the Wii U. So if I haven't beaten a game I had on Wii U yet I'm not going to beat it. And I haven't played it much in the last year because my Wii U backlog was tiny even before I stopped buying games for it.

Excluding indie games the only games I haven't beaten on Wii U are Darksiders 2 and The Wonderful 101. Both were free, Darksiders 2 I have on Steam and The Wonderful 101 I got through most of the game before getting a bit tired of it. The only reason I would have to keep it plugged in would be for games like Mario Kart and Splatoon. And guess what's on the near horizon for the Switch.

Edited on by skywake

OorWullie

@IceClimbers So it seems VC will be coming well before the online subscription service starts then,at least in Japan anyway. It's interesting a game like this could be one of the first to arrive, one that's never had a western release before. That suggests to me a translated version will come to the West. I wonder if it released on Wii U VC in Japan?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

It's interesting hearing all the people say they're going to wait for the Switch. That they're going to keep playing Nintendo's Wii U releases until more games come out. Meanwhile my Wii U has already found its way into storage.....

That's how people operate. The grass is always greener.

And hipsters. God-dang hipsters.

I kid. But yea, I always had a hard time understanding that mindset, too. You spend the whole generation bellyaching about the Wii U, and then when the next system comes out (a wonderful system, in my opinion), everybody suddenly gets all lovey-dovey for the thing they consistently bashed for 4 years. And all these people proudly proclaiming to the Nintendolife world that THEY, yes THEY, are going to play Zelda on their Wii U like it's some badge of honor.

Good for you, Jimmy - you go ahead and play the inferior version of the game. Make sure you hit that keyboard real hard as you're typing out your reassurances to yourself - it'll almost make you feel ok about it deep down.

rallydefault

jump

rallydefault wrote:

skywake wrote:

That's how people operate. The grass is always greener.

And hipsters. God-dang hipsters.

I kid. But yea, I always had a hard time understanding that mindset, too. You spend the whole generation bellyaching about the Wii U, and then when the next system comes out (a wonderful system, in my opinion), everybody suddenly gets all lovey-dovey for the thing they consistently bashed for 4 years. And all these people proudly proclaiming to the Nintendolife world that THEY, yes THEY, are going to play Zelda on their Wii U like it's some badge of honor.

Good for you, Jimmy - you go ahead and play the inferior version of the game. Make sure you hit that keyboard real hard as you're typing out your reassurances to yourself - it'll almost make you feel ok about it deep down.

Well it's less they are playing Zelda on the Wii U as a badge of honour and more Zelda and Mario Kart are the only major reasons to get a Switch right now and they are on the Wii U which is a console they already have.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic