Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,701 to 11,720 of 69,981

FGPackers

So after some people said so, i can confirm it too. Switch says your playtime with a game after 10 days. You have to check on your profile page if anyone does not know it. Today, after 10 days from first Zelda start it now says 40 hrs. That's my actual playtime.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

@FGPackers Mine says "40 hours or more" too. I wonder if it only updates it in multiples of 10? That would be a bit of a bummer.

KirbyTheVampire

Berserker26

I will definitly get one, but not any time soon. I heard 1 of my favorite games, Skyrim V will be back, so I'm very excited to get it this year before autumn

Practice makes perfect ;)

Nintendo Network ID: Berserker26

Haruki_NLI

@FGPackers @KirbyTheVampire

My log has stated 75 hours...so its not by 10s. Maybe not even by 5s.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

zitpig

I had 35 hours yesterday, so maybe updating in 5s?

zitpig

ThomGee

@SLIGEACH_EIRE While this may mean cloud saves are near, many people are saying that this is the icon that appears when a game is bought but not downloaded, so take it with a grain of salt.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Ok well thats worse than I thought.

I do appreciate the quality over quantity thing but that wasnt what made sales of past systems fall. It was quantity. That first 6 months of Wii U was empty. And thats very few developers even looking it seems or in cases being allowed.

Its a dark day when Apple TV reigns over you ill say that.

rallydefault

@zitpig
Yes, the "play log" under your profile updates by 5s. I went from "over 45 hours played" to "over 50 hours played" yesterday.

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

@BiasedSonyFan I know that, but I also wish Nintendo would address other aspects of Wii U that lent to that failure such as droughts and on a first party front it all looks fine but in between those while I appreciate a focus on quality, the average consumer doesnt read metacritic or care too high about how good a game is. They want lots to choose from.

Azooooz

@BLP_Software Allow me to analyse some of the platforms on the chart up there:

PC/Mac: Of course they're high because they are platform that they use to make games. It's no brainer.

Smartphones/Tablets: Guess how many of those around the world? Billions!! if you're a developer, you would be crazy not to make at least an app for it.

PS4/Pro and Xbox One/Scorpio: PS4 and Xbox One are in the market for quite a while. Developers knew that these consoles would be a million units sellers within a day or two, and because they share the same architecture, all they need is a simple coding procedure to port from one platform to another.

Apple TV: I don't know why this is low, given that the 3rd gen Apple TV has passed the 25 million unit sold. I believe devs are more interested to make apps and games for iPhones/iPads more than TV.

Nintendo Switch: I believe that's your main concern, right? You don't have to worry about it. The switch has just released, and the number of developers making games for it is slowly increasing. To put it simply, sir: the more consoles are sold, the more games are going to be made for the console.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Luna_110

Let's hope that number increases soon. It isn't good at all if Nintendo wants to avoid droughts again.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

KirbyTheVampire

I think those numbers just kinda go with what people have been saying all along. If the Switch sells, the games will come. For right now it's selling pretty well, so we just need to wait and see if they maintain that momentum or if it all blows up in Nintendo's face. If they can keep it up, the number of devs making games for the system will certainly increase.

I really hope they don't get caught up in this whole idea of theirs that the Switch is a home console first and portable second and end up bringing out a 3DS successor. If they do, they'd better have sold a lot of Switches first, because it would certainly eat into Switch sales by a lot. I also think cutting off support for the 3DS by the end of this year would be a good idea.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

I think the whole 3% is not that bad given the system just released 2 weeks ago. Ignoring PC/Apple/Smartphones and just focusing on PS4/X1, they're both in the 25% range. If Switch can even get up to 10-15% that's gonna be plenty of games, since Nintendo brings their own high quality games on a regular basis which compounds with 3rd parties. Give it a year and then see where we're at.

@Azooooz
Something with a handle. Trust me, you don't wanna drop it, and without a handle you risk eventually dropping it at some point. I use the Sheika case from Zelda Special Edition. Can buy one of those RDS cases with Zelda logo on it, they seem very similar to Sheika case.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

AndyD

Okay this may need to be in another topic, but does anyone know if you can purchase a separate "dock" for the tv? I was wanting to get a second one, for the kids and their tv, and then I can keep mine hooked up to my tv in my office. I know I could just move the dock, but this would be so much easier. I know they have them on Ebay but the $150 price range for just the dock is a bit steep for me.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Azooooz

@scubydo Yes, you can. I'll drop you a link to get one:
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColo...

Note that the dock doesn't come with the AC adapter and HDMI. For that, you need to wait for the Switch dock set to be available to order.

Edited on by Azooooz

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Zerodactyl

Is the Switch actually worth buying at the moment, or is it best to wait until more games are released? I was going to do an unboxing of it for my YouTube channel, but didn't have enough money for a launch day purchase. Now that I do have enough, I'm debating buying the console or waiting.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Azooooz

@Zerodactyl It really depends on what kind of games do you like? Also, keep in mind that the online play is free until fall, so it's up to you, really.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic