Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 181 to 200 of 320

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I'm definitely on the side that BOTW2 is not coming anytime soon. Like it's not gonna take 4+ years or whatever, but "development has begun" seems to usually mean "this game is gonna take a while".

I'm almost certain Mario Odyssey 2 will come out first tbh.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

Monolith f***ing Soft

Semi off-topic, but I don't think BOTW and likely BOTW2 would be half as good without Monolith doing the topography. Those guys are absolute wizards for hiding things within a landscape.

Do we actually know for sure what they did?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Well, Monolith Soft Kyoto and Monolith Soft Tokyo are two completely different teams. One does Xenoblade (Tokyo), and the other functions as an extension of Nintendo EAD (Kyoto). So the people developing XCX and XC2 had less influence on BOTW than some people think they had. I mean, they Monolith Kyoto also worked on Pikmin 3 and Splatoon, so yeah

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

Well, Monolith Soft Kyoto and Monolith Soft Tokyo are two completely different teams. One does Xenoblade (Tokyo), and the other functions as an extension of Nintendo EAD (Kyoto). So the people developing XCX and XC2 had less influence on BOTW than some people think they had. I mean, they Monolith Kyoto also worked on Pikmin 3 and Splatoon, so yeah

I had to re-read that as I thought you were talking about the same company. I'm gonna make a suggestion to Nintendo that they call one Monolith Soft Apple and the other one Monolith Soft Orange from now on.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Oh ok so it's essentially meaningless then. Like saying that Bioware are currently working on a new Mass Effect (when they were making Andromeda).
Except it turns out that it was a completely new Bioware studio who'd never made a game themselves, so we know nothing about them.
Although that may be a bad example given that all of Bioware seem to have lost their mojo now.

Therad

Dezzy wrote:

Oh ok so it's essentially meaningless then. Like saying that Bioware are currently working on a new Mass Effect (when they were making Andromeda).
Except it turns out that it was a completely new Bioware studio who'd never made a game themselves, so we know nothing about them.
Although that may be a bad example given that all of Bioware seem to have lost their mojo now.

That seems to be the modus operandi of EA, buy a studio, churn out a rushed game or two while people still remembers the old one fondly, close down the studio.

Therad

Dezzy

@Therad

If that Kotaku report on Bioware was accurate, it sounds like a lot of their problems were actually not EA's fault.
Most really great companies do tend to deteriorate over time. It's just natural. Second law of thermodynamics for the most part. Nintendo is really quite unique in being an incredible developer for 30 years constantly. Almost no-one else manages that.

Therad

Dezzy wrote:

@Therad

If that Kotaku report on Bioware was accurate, it sounds like a lot of their problems were actually not EA's fault.
Most really great companies do tend to deteriorate over time. It's just natural. Second law of thermodynamics for the most part. Nintendo is really quite unique in being an incredible developer for 30 years constantly. Almost no-one else manages that.

Eh, maybe in their case. But EA haven't been healthy for many developers. The list of studios they have closed are painful to watch.

Therad

Dezzy

@Therad

Oh yeah EA definitely mess with stuff and make studios worse. I happen to know that Dragon Age 2 being awful was EA's doing rather than Bioware's. I knew someone who worked with the company at the time and she was just telling me how all of the Bioware staff were furious that they were essentially told they needed to make a rushed game for the sake of the yearly revenue target.
The devs obviously cared about their reputation for making high quality games. Whereas EA just needed to please the shareholders for that year.

Edited on by Dezzy

iKhan

@kkslider5552000 That's why they didn't say "development has begun". They said "a sequel is in development"

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

Morpheel

I don't see them taking more than one year or two to release this, considering it's (most likely) an amalgamation of scrapped ideas and planned dlc.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

I was always interested in that alien invasion idea they had for the main story. I wondered if the guardians were kind of a leftover concept from that idea (War of the Worlds vibes and all that).

Maybe this will be a new “Majora's Mask“. Even if it's scaled down to just being a sidequest.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Morpheel

A theory that seems to have some weight is that they could be planing to use the idea of replacing Links right arm with ancient technology.

There's concept art of Link without his right arm, but with a shape-shifting thing that they draw transforming into stuff like a hookshot and a hammer.

In the teaser we see the light overtaking his arm, so who knows! It would be an interesting way to spice things up.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

Is that in “Creating a Champion“? I got it for Christmas, but I have yet to actually read through it. Heck, I've yet to finish Encyclopedia.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Morpheel

I'm not sure if it's in the book, but probably.

Eh! My gameplay videos

PikPi

Oh man, his arm being the replacement for special items would be pretty cool. Would love to see them incorporate something like the hookshot to make climbing wayyyyy less tedious and downright cruel during a rain storm

PikPi

rallydefault

@iKhan
They said, actually if you wanna be picky, "The sequel is NOW in development."

I'm with @kkslider5552000. This is not coming as soon as people think.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Tsurii

@DarthNocturnal nah, guardians are literally just mobile Beamos, and legs probably make/made the most sense for the kind of high fantasy/technology mash-up Zelda's always had.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Morpheel

They're apparently meant to mirror the octoroks from the first game, which appeared to be really big.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Grumblevolcano

The year is 2026, BotW 4 is released but to understand the plot you need to have read all the books (including a novel series), watched a TV show, a movie and played the spinoff Zelda Emblem: Return to Gamelon

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic