Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 4,508

darkswabber

@AlternateButtons I wanted to type out how to help with omega ridley but than I remember I 100%ed WOL with kirby alone so it’s a very specific tactic. So sorry can’t help.

darkswabber

Twitter:

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons I don't remember how I did Paula, but for Omega Ridley I just rushed in and punched him with Little Mac. His super armor and extreme power when giant and stuff really helps immensely.

I don't remember Omega Ridley's type, but if you equip the Metal Face Spirit to be giant and metal at the start, that could probably help you out initially so you can nail him with multiple Smash attacks.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons For Paula it's about taking advantage of cheap KOs, once Ness has done his Final Smash go up against the rightmost building and if you're lucky side smash attacks will KO both fighters (remember to jump if the car warning sign appears) if you use the Victini spirit with a powerful primary that's either neutral or grab type. My fighter was Ganondorf for that battle.

Can't give advice on Omega Ridley as it was a luck victory with Marth in WoL.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

If you’re metal, curry doesn’t flinch you. Against omega Ridley, I actually used Ridley with metal and giant spirits. Then rushed in and spammed down+A

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons It's in Norfair (I think) so try approaching him from under so the curry doesn't hit you. Up Smash away and nail him there, then wail away at him until he's dead.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@AlternateButtons tell me if I’m wrong, cuz I very well could be 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

One of the most interesting things about the DLC will be how it's integrated into World of Light. Will it just be DLC straight away available or will it be something like having to rescue the fighters in themed areas such as a Persona area for Joker.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

I was just victim to one of the most BS moments of my gaming career ever. Had the final boss' health completely drained but the game didn't register it as dead (must have had a tiny sliver left under it's icon or something), and it knocked me out right before I could land even one hit.

This was after trying it again & again and was so frustrated at that point I just had to quit or I probably wouldn't have a TV anymore, lol. Hope I don't have to do all the buildup again... the platforming & boss rush sections.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Uncle_Franklin

I'm not sure they will expand World of Light for DLC at all.

Uncle_Franklin

darkswabber

@RR529 if you quit you have to do the build up again. If you choose rematch than you won’t have to do that again. That being said, they should have split it up to being 2 stages.

@Grumblevolcano that’s what I’m hoping too. I expect them to be added to spirit board including new challenges with the dlc fighters and stages but I hope each gets a new portal on the WOL map. I love WOL but I hate it when I barely beat a 4* spirit on spirit board and than hit it’s shield.

darkswabber

Twitter:

gcunit

Despite now owning 4 generations of Smash, I'm still a Smash noob, and have to add to the chorus of voices in praise of WoL mode. With Smash 4 I've only logged about 22 hours and kinda have to force myself to play it to try and develop some understanding to be able to enter online matches. But WoL changes that.

When I started it I was winning fights easily and picking up random spirits I didn't recognise and didn't seem to need, so was wondering what the point was, but a few hours in now and I've unlocked 44 spirits and am beginning to need to pay attention to what skills my Spirits offer, and needing several attempts to beat a few of the new ones. So that, and the Skill Tree, is opening my eyes to the world of the minute variables that differentiate the fighters and play a part in the balancing of the game. It's making it a very satisfying process and the fact I've got so many more spirits to fight is a welcome one.

Though it would be even better if we could view a bio on each spirit.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

LadyCharlie

now that Ultimate has been out for a month, I got somethin to say.

I'm not saying I predicted Smash Bros Ultimate, but...
Untitled

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Grumblevolcano

Ok, I beat Omega Ridley in NG+. My loadout was:

• Roy (fighter)
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus Uprising) level 99, Victini, Luigi (Mario Tennis Aces)
  • Completed skill tree

Constantly used smash attacks and it was a close battle but Ridley KO'd itself on the lava at the end.

Not exactly a fair spirit to block a character unlock with.

Grumblevolcano

Banjo-

King K. Rool is one of my favourite Rare characters. Kremlings in general. I want to share this article I found because it's very interesting and I think that you will enjoy it. It explains the origin of his moves in SSBU and much more.

https://www-polygon-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.polygon.co...

Obviously I know much about him already but still worth reading. Good article.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

RR529

Woot! Finally cleared "World of Light" with the true ending!

the Galeem & Dharkon combo has to be the toughest boss I've fought in ages. It took me about 10 tries I'd say, and it certainly has come across as the hardest final boss I've yet faced in a first party Switch title.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Xyphon22

Sorry if this has been answered, but are you supposed to receive an email or something with a code for Piranha Plant if you register a physical version? I never buy games at full price, but I got this as my last game before my Best Buy GCU expired at the end of the year basically just to get that character, but I haven't received any confirmation yet even though I have registered and gotten my gold coins.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

EvilLucario

@Xyphon22 Check your spam folder. I didn't need to check my spam folder, but some people did need to do that.

Namco

For anyone trying to get better at smash(ing their heads) watch this incredibly educational video

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

IceClimbers

Okay, gotta say that Giga Mac is way harder than Pauline. Pauline is easy once you have a level 99 legend spirit. Giga Mac is still difficult after the fact.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

The trick to Giga Mac is bouncing on the ropes and attacking in midair, if you fight normally you'll almost certainly lose.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic