Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,884

Seananigans

@EvilLucario Better than Brawl eh? Those are gonna be some pretty big shoes to fill for me. SSE is my favorite mode in the entire Smash series. I'm maybe a quarter through World of Light and it IS a blast playing all these battles. I'm trying to go for 100% personally. I'm keeping my expectations in check for the ending but this is assuring to hear!

Seananigans

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Grumblevolcano

The most annoying spirit battle for me so far would have to be Guile, most of the Street Fighter stuff is ridiculous but that specific battle in particular was complete BS. Is his AI that annoying in the Street Fighter games?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Delibheel YES! How's Sweatin' to the Oldies Featuring Richard Simmons? Was it worth the wait?

@AlternateButtons At least you're the only other SSE superfan here I'm loving WoL...but I'm not sure anything replaces SSE for me. The themed Metroid and DK areas were just a blast to me.

@Grumblevolcano "His Guile's AI that annoying in SF?"
Yes. Yes it is. Eff Guile. In every game.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia To be fair I just blaze through most games I play lol. In general I beat games much quicker than averaged estimates. The only game in recent memory where I didn't beat a game quicker than average was Samus Returns, which took me 10 hours to 100% just like a lot of other people I knew.

@Tsurii I first thought of Castlevania 1 with Dracula's second form, not Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night/Dawn of Sorrow. Most people attribute Dracula's beast form to those games, but I always first saw that in Castlevania 1, since that was my first ever Castlevania game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Delibheel Aww, but Sweatin' to the Oldies is such a classic. Shame.

I got Rabbid Mario as my starter...that's a fun one to get!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario I am determined to to find something you thoroughly suck at. It's my life's mission now. Nobody likes anyone who's perfect at everything

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tsurii C'mon, even I figured out who the eel is this time and it took me weeks last time!

#2,823 You really captured my exact thoughts on this game. Back in June everything about this screamed nothing more than enhanced port of Smash 4. I didn't think much of it. I thought a lot more of it with WoL reveal but still didn't think overwhelmingly much of it. Loved SSE in Brawl but got bored of Smash 4 in an hour or 2. But this game is just phenomenal. It's "the other Splatoon" in terms of life consuming addiction

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@Tsurii If you're thinking of the first game with Soma, it's Aria of Sorrow. Dawn of Sorrow is the direct sequel a year later.

@NEStalgia Pikmin. I tried for so many years to get into Pikmin 1, but I always lose patience and I keep failing at management for my Pikmin and stuff.

RTS games in general I just fail hard at lol.

Traditional fighters are also hard for me.

Multiplayer shooters like Overwatch and Call of Duty and (to a degree) Splatoon I'm garbage at. I can pull a bit of my own weight in single-player, but I ain't going anywhere in multiplayer.

So yeah not everything I'm good at, (un)fortunately :^[

I primarily stick with platformers, RPGs, action games, and mostly Nintendo games really. Outside of those genres, a game really has to be super special to really captivate my attention, like Doom 2016.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Paraka

So played a bunch of Classic today and last night. Really lacking when there isn't Target Mode or Home Run mixed in there, cause that "bonus" level is trash. Sort of miss those challenges accustomed to your character you were playing. Made it feel more unique, and with how Classic was built this time it would been even greater.

Also cannot get into Ridley. People keep claiming he's so intense and matching his facade in his own games everywhere... As a Metroid fan I simply do not see it, he looks cramped and ridiculous.

Paraka

HobbitGamer

I’m loving Ridley. He’s apparently my most used character now. I just unlocked Greninja by spamming the neutral jab then the nasty stage drag special

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

StableInvadeel

Rushing my way towards Jigglypuff in the world of light made me notice I might be good as Kirby.

Of course, it's probably just that easy this early into the mode.

I also took some time to re-train my Peach amiibo in the ancient art of side taunting. She already sings every time she launches someone.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Seananigans

@Paraka I agree the abscense of target practice and the Home Run contest is a bummer. Buuuut because everyone has unique Classic routes, it helps keep things fresh and is the best Classic mode has ever been because of it

That's because you're not using his drag move and tail kill. Ridley can be outright vicious if you know what you're doing.

Seananigans

Seananigans

I tested 8 player Smash with all Ice Climbers on Icicle Mountain. Definitely the most chaotic match I've ever played in my life. I ACTUALLY got the game to slow down a bit. It looked around 50fps. Which considering how much is onscreen, that's still incredibly impressive.

Seananigans

Paraka

@AlternateButtons - As a combatant his kit is solid, that's not what I am getting at. You can glue that same kit on a Goomba and he too would be viscous to compete against.

I am talking aesthetics. Only time he was ever that size when he was on the NES game, and ultimately that was likely because of the tech. They attempted to keep his size, but maintain a comparable fighter size with him being cramped up at all times. It looks unpleasant in-game, no matter how many times I am told he looks great. He's not like Bowser who fluctuates size each game, when he could be imposing and huge, he was. And he stayed that way.

I was quite content with him being "too big" to not have to look at Ridley as much of a ridiculous villain as Eggman.

Paraka

HobbitGamer

A viscous fighter?? Now that really would be a Goo-mba.

I’ll see myself out.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons The finale of World of Light could also have very slight dips too. Nothing major, maybe only like 2-3fps drops at most, but it's still not 100% stable, more like 97% stable.

That said, I would love to see 8-player Ice Climbers with explosive items turned up to max for myself. That sounds hilarious as hell.

BrainOfGrimlock

Does anyone know if the character/spirit placement in WoL is fixed or generated (is it always the same 3 at the beginning crossroads for example)? Curious to know if on a second playthrough it’ll be mixed up or not?

No major either way, my guess is it’s fixed/static due to the majority of the early unlocks being characters i’d consider ‘less popular’ - keep you playing for the big hitters etc.

In an ironic sorta way I’m enjoying getting to a character and finding it’s one I don’t care about, certainly means i’m giving them a chance when I doubt I would have otherwise - although Marth has become WoL main for now, just cannot stand Kirby or any of the others i’ve unlocked so far, DK aside.

BrainOfGrimlock

EvilLucario

@BrainOfGrimlock At least for fresh games, it's fixed. Same fighters and Spirits on the map. No idea about NG+, but I don't think so. (Not starting it until I one day complete one of the endgame challenges involving it, which looks hard as balls...)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic