Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 4,508

NEStalgia

What is special about Sprit board other than as a quick way to do WoL battles without playing the WoL map?

Also, what good are all the 1, 2, and 3 star spirits if you can have lv4 spirits of the same types? I assume there's value to this somewhere?

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@Tsurii To be fair, having direct video requires higher specs than necessary. If you record games on PC with OBS and your specs are barely able to handle games, you will have a very drastic performance dip. Saving inputs mean it's easy to just simulate the battle again, and at least there is an option later on for regular battles to convert replays into a direct video that would not get affected by updates. And since Smash is pushing the system pretty hard, there's no head room for OS capture.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Just like there are some World of Light exclusive spirits, there's also plenty of spirit board exclusive spirits. As for the purpose of 1, 2 and 3 star spirits there's some including these

• Better rewards (the worse your team is, the better the rewards)
  • Some spirits can evolve when you reach level 99
  • Some spirits' cores can summon exclusive spirits
  • Collect them all (they're the trophy replacement)
  • Hazard immunity is generally a lower level spirit's bonus

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@Tsurii Thanks for answering.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Namco

It's too bad you can't save replays of spirit battles, I've just witnessed some really odd CPU behaviour

I own 2 Calamity Ganon's (4 star) and I saw another one on the spirit board, so I was like: why not own another one? I only hit Ganondorf once using Ike's side special, then he jumped backwards off the stage and did no effort at all to come back... Ganondorf was like: Nope, not doing this

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Namco

If you can't handle a CPU lvl 9 then you definitely don't want to go up against this Amiibo... (My Zelda Amiibo against a CPU lvl 9 Zelda)

https://streamable.com/k6kom

Anyone here into Amiibo training? The amiibo in Ultimate are much more capable than in Smash 4. It's pretty fun to see how they learn new things. They can learn how to edge guard properly, do some combos, heck I even see them wave dashing sometimes but that may just be a bug xD

Edited on by Namco

HobbitGamer

@BMO_Advanced I’m training a Ness, Lucas, and Falco amiibo. It was originally so my friend could play them and get better, but Ness and Lucas have learned to fight together with terrifying results.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

I just realized that to own every spirit in the game you have to beat World of Light NG+ because some of the World of Light exclusive spirits have enhanced forms.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

1296/1302 spirits. 6 left to go.

I don't get one thing: When I'm in the Spirit Collection screen the number is 1296 collected spirits, and when I'm on the Spirit Board it says 1295 spirits. A bug?

Missing ones:
1. 465 (Sub - Pokémon)
2. 484 (Prime - Pokémon)
3. 614 (Fighter Spirit - Ike, Fire Emblem)
4. 1201 (Sub)
5. 1298 (Special - Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu!)
6. 1299 (Special - Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee!)

Also, regular Ike doesn't seem to pop up in the shop. He's the last fighter spirit I'm missing (99/100). Before I hit 99, there was always one to buy.

I'm now trying to get every spirit defeated on the Spirit Board. Pyra, Smash-Ball, Mario Morgana, Sea Sirens and Fire (G&W) have proven to be quite a challenge. (I already bought or found their spirits and got the green checkmark on them, but they're not marked as beaten when I click on them).

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR Spirit board number is how many you've owned at some point whereas collection number is how many you currently own. As for the first 5 missing spirits you listed (yes this includes Ike's Path of Radiance fighter spirit), they're all challenge rewards so won't appear outside the challenge reward.

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

@Grumblevolcano: That must be it! A spirit that I have evolved and not re-collected in its normal form. Time to check my deck.

Edit: Found the culprit. No. 347 must be him. Now where to find him again. Hope he wasn't WoL exclusive.

Edited on by SKTTR

Sakura7

My two cents for the remaining dlc 1. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) 2. BlackRose (Dot hack) 3. Klonoa 4. Usagi Yojimbo/Space Usagi (well there was a C64 game ).I do realise that only Klonoa (who would be cool as) is a genuine possibility from that list but you never know. Think Vyse would be a hugely popular choice though. BlackRose over Kite as she's a far stronger fighter and ups the female ante. Usagi completely leftfield and the game seems to be rarer than gold on the far side of the moon. Snoopy, Speedy Gonzales, and Donald Duck in his ninja outfit Maui Mallard, other cool but unlikely choices.

Edited on by Sakura7

Sakura7

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR He is, I guess you went through some of NG+ but stopped before you got to that area.

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

@Grumblevolcano Exactly. It's Marx, and now checked the net on where to find him again.
I'm right before that area (did the Zelda and Castlevania areas first). That's how you deducted how I got the other WoL-only evolution-spirit. Glad, I didn't miss something!

One of the missing PKMN and Ike are now in my pocket. At 1297/1302 spirits now. Almost done. I have about 50 of the best spirits on Lv. 99

Now continuing NG+ to get spirit #347 again.

Moroboshi876

I got 20 of the 27 event spirits, and I haven't had many time to try to improve that count, but I hate when they do these timed events and the collectables can't be acquired anymore in any way.

At least in Mario Tennis Aces they end up giving the characters some time later.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

SKTTR

@Moroboshi876

27 event spirits?

There were just 3 event exclusive spirits at New Years (Mario Party theme).
The other "event spirits" are obtainable outside of events.

Edited on by SKTTR

Namco

I hope the Halberd spirit isn't WoL exclusive. I used it on my Ganondorf Amiibo, I thought it would make a cool tank character, but man, was he easily abused. The slowness made it so that he could never ever recover. Such a waste... I had to replace the Halberd spirit with another. Things went better from there and Ganondorf turned into an beast, now he's one of best Amiibo fighters. Armor Knight is incredibly powerful on characters with good recovery. So I'm hoping I'll encounter the spirit again in the shop or on the spirit board.

Also a tip for Amiibo trainers. There is an option in the Amiibo section that will prevent your Amiibo from learning. Sounds like something you want to keep on at all times. NO! I believe the option is there for a reason. It appears level 50 Amiibo can still develop bad habits. My best fighters are those that stopped learning sometime after level 50, so I recommend using this option when you think they have reached their peak. Definitely use this option when you want to let Amiibo fight each other, it seems they copy each others technics a lot. I have a few Amiibo that are addicted to spamming aerial attacks, it spread like a disease. I'll provide prove if you don't believe me. A well trained Amiibo will destroy a spammy Amiibo that never stopped learning, easily with all stocks remaining.

darkswabber

I just finished world of light 100% and I have a major complaint/dissapointment regarding final fantasy.

It could be counted as a minor spoiler so I’ll use a spoiler tag, but it isn’t story related or anything.

so aside from the fighter unlock battle to unlock cloud there is 0 final fantasy representation in WOL, there are 0 FF spirits, cloud is in 0 spirit battles and his stage is never used. Any other fighter appears well over 3 times each and I think the same goes for stages since there are 615 spirit battles and 73 fighter battles. I would expect something like this from konami, who suprisingly enough have major representation for both castlevania, metar gear and their older games, konami went all out. But square enix? Why wouldn’t they allow any representation in this game besides 1 fighter, 1 stage and 2 songs?

darkswabber

Twitter:

darkswabber

Third and final post for now (if I knew I would have combined them)
I really love spirits and don’t really mind trophies are gone, although it would have been nice if every spirit had a description and stated the exact game the particular spirit was from, now it just states the franchise with a few exceptions.

I hope every season pass dlc adds new spirits and maybe a WOL zone. Also I hope they update new spirits into the game.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic