Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 3,865

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, K.Rool's awesome. I've wanted him in since Melee and they made him as good as I ever could've imagined. Definitely one of my mains now.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

Now playing: SEGA Genesis Collection, Starlink, Smash Bros Ultimate

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

AlternateButtons

@KryptoniteKrunch I actually voted for him in the Smash Ballot for the last game! Not only is he in, but he's AWESOME. Feelsgoodman.

AlternateButtons

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

HobbitGamer

@AlternateButtons I’ve also not had a single match with lag.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Okay, veterans, I need help with adding Isabelle to my fighter pool. She is already a challenger, but everytime I encounter her I am at a loss.

As mentioned before I am a newcomer and usually play a mix of WoL or Classic at either 2.0 / 3.0. Though it seems the challengers are a a bit more formidable.

I feel comnfortable with Samus and Bowser and besides Down Special + B with Mario in general, though I am at a loss how to approach with Isabelle. Keeping the distance does nothing than she reeling me in with her fishing rod (and unleashes a combo) and if I want to get close, she just unleashes combos onto me... so I don't know what to do, because no matter the direction I try to approach her, she has an answer.

There is probably a weakness or something I don't see and I guess with enough tenacity I will beat her eventually, but I don't want to make it too hard...

Probably some of you will laugh at my lack of skills, but again, this is my fitst time and I got this gifted from friends... though one of those friends wants to play as Isabelle, so there is some extra pressure to unlock her as fast as possible...

Lemmy_the_Koopa

HobbitGamer

@Lemmy_the_Koopa I think I used Ridley’s forward+B on Isabelle. Another you can try is Link. Toss a boomerang then use a running sword attack. Or try Samus’ running grab after a missile. Exploit her dodge from an incoming projectile, and you should be able to follow up with an attack by the time her dodge is over. Isabelle didn’t seem to pocket my projectiles, but that is possible.
If you have a Belmont, you can do major zone control against her.
Hope one of those works for ya! (I too, had to unlock Isabelle for my friend’s daughter)

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Lemmy_the_Koopa

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Lemmy_the_Koopa I think I used Ridley’s forward+B on Isabelle.

Currently not available, though I keep the advice in mind, if I still have troubles with the other advice

HobbitGamer wrote:

Another you can try is Link. Toss a boomerang then use a running sword attack. Or try Samus’ running grab after a missile. Exploit her dodge from an incoming projectile, and you should be able to follow up with an attack by the time her dodge is over. Isabelle didn’t seem to pocket my projectiles, but that is possible.

Okay, gotta try here

HobbitGamer wrote:

If you have a Belmont, you can do major zone control against her.
Hope one of those works for ya! (I too, had to unlock Isabelle for my friend’s daughter)

Yes, Simon is available to me. Could you elaborate on the zone control, since I slowly begin to warm up to his kit.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

HobbitGamer

@Lemmy_the_Koopa Just as @AlternateButtons said, the key to Isabelle (and some others) is range disruption. Link's boomerang and Simon's cross will interrupt her fishing line, allowing you to close in.
Regarding Simon, zone control is hitting close, long, and aerial ranges. I've used Simon or Richter for 1/3 of my unlocks so far.

B = Axe tosses at a foward-up angle, allowing you to break incoming aerial strikes
Down + B = Holy water creates a short barrier close front (like Ness' PK Fire)
Forward + B = Cross throws forward, sometimes allowing you time to charge and release a forward whip smash to hit by the time enemy closes in.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@HobbitGamer Thank you for elaborating a bit further... I guess I will get some Smash training with Simon & Link in 3 Stocks fights against Lv. 3 CPU with no items, so I get my technical aspect together (I noticed challenger matches are without any items). I am just happy that I have some form of guidance on what char to use. The added bonus with playing some Smash matches would be further challengers approaching... .

Both you and @AlternateButtons have my many thanks and I will try it out tonight!

Lemmy_the_Koopa

HobbitGamer

@Lemmy_the_Koopa No prob! I'm just happy so many newcomers are having a good time. @AlternateButtons may be able to help more down the line, I haven't gotten everyone yet.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Lemmy_the_Koopa

I certainly have... . Now it's up to me to git gud!

Lemmy_the_Koopa

redd214

So we've been having a ball playing but we're kind of hitting a wall in terms of unlocking characters. This is our first smash game and some of them are just kicking our asses. Really want to improve at the game and wanted to ask if anyone knew any good you tubers who do instructional style videos on Smash (kid friendly preferred) . Not looking to become sports level just improve overall. Thanks

redd214

HobbitGamer

@redd214 I can't help with that, because I don't really use youtube much other than mechanic stuff.
BUT, were you aware that in training mode, you can set the CPU player to move around (and still not attack)? You can also slow movement speed. That could be useful, maybe.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

redd214

@HobbitGamer yeah I'm obviously aware of the training mode just don't find it helpful, just having a punching bag doesn't really help to learn moves and tactics

redd214

DarthNocturnal

I should finally have the game tonight. I might break out my Mario amiibo. I think it still has a level 50 fighter from Smash 4.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

gerudochampion

Maybe this has been answered, but when am I supposed to be getting my Piranha Plant? I did the online pre-order for the game and still haven't gotten any emails or anything.

Switch code: SW-3438-4060-4927
Warframe ID: Tricep

Switch Friend Code: SW-3438-4060-4927

redd214

@gerudochampion I got mine on release day but have read elsewhere it could take up to 10 days. Also make sure to check your spam folder, that's where mine was sent for some reason.

redd214

Azooooz

I got to play the digital version of the game, as I was too lazy to go to the store and buy a physical copy. Anyway, this game exceeded my expectations. I was hoping that World of Light mode would be enough to quench my thirst for single player experience. But oh boy I was wrong. Classic mode in this game is the best among all Classic modes in the previous smash bros. games. What caught me off guard is that some fighters has its own final boss, especially Kirby where he fought against Marx.

In addition, I have noticed that Fighter's color variations were intentionally picked to match the spirits, which is definitely an attention to detail from Sakurai.

Another cool thing is that when you play as Link with 0%, do a forward smash attack to shoot a projectile from his sword, just like in BotW game.

I'm still playing the game, and I haven't finished WoL as I want to unlock all character before doing so.

All in all, a lot of content, amazing single player experiences, and a lot of surprises yet to discover. Now if you excuse me, I'll be busy playing the Ultimate Smash Game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

gerudochampion

@redd214 Hmmmm, I don't see it anywhere in my email folders. I'll wait until the 14th and then maybe contact nintendo's support staff. Thank you!

Switch code: SW-3438-4060-4927
Warframe ID: Tricep

Switch Friend Code: SW-3438-4060-4927

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic