Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 5,008

shadow-wolf

@NinjaAceTrainer @Maxz Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the detail both of you gave in your responses, that made the strategies you suggested more clear. I’ll try that out next time I play.

Now for another “Splatoon 1 did this better than 2” comment (that’ll probably be disproven once you guys tell me how to deal with it): Autobombs. They’re much harder to deal with it than the original rushing bombs that went in one straight direction in Splatoon 1 (which I forgot the name of) since they’re much smaller and home in on you and don’t require much ink to use in the first place. Thoughts on autobombs?

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

NinjaAceTrainer

@shadow-wolf Do you mean Seekers? Again, I haven't played Splatoon 1, but they were supposedly quite overpowered from what I've heard. They did home in on players that were out of ink and exploded on impact. As I see it, the Seeker has been split into the Curling Bomb and the Autobomb. The Curling Bomb is the mobility, swimming in the trail, whereas the Autobomb is the seeking trait. I would say that Autobombs are easier to deal with (purely in theory from this breakdown), but I'll give you some tips anyway. They detonate when close enough to kill you doing 180 damage, so if you move away in the detonation time, you shouldn't die. No matter the target, any opponent of the Autobomb can detonate it. Try not to screw your teammates over by leading a bomb to them, and if that happens to you, move quickly. A way to remove the threat of the Autobomb is to swim towards it to detonate it, then swim away. That way, it's just some minor damage to you and a puddle of ink. They actually got buffed recently, so they're much more spammable (reduced ink consumption, reduced tracking time). They're still fairly slow though, in terms of time from hitting the floor to exploding, which is only prolonged by it having to chase you. It does explode on its own after a while, so don't worry about being chased for the entire game. In terms of their noticeability, I actually have some trouble with this too, especially in some Splatfests. I'm a lot better at noticing them now, but the things to do are to listen for it's walking sound, and especially for the more obvious exploding sound, and act accordingly. If you outright see an opponent throwing an Autobomb, keep a mental note of it so you don't get caught out later. A lot of this just comes down to experience though, so just keep playing and find your own way to deal with them.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

ThatNyteDaez

@NinjaAceTrainer @shadow-wolf I mostly just jumped over Seekers in in Splatoon 1. They didn't know what to do after that. As for Splatoon 2, Autobombs obviously cant scale walls. So my best method of dealing with them is just to climb something. Even a small ledge will do.

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@NinjaAceTrainer @ThatNyteDaez That makes sense, thanks for the advice! To add to what both of you have said, I like to swim right through the auto bombs, that causes them to detonate with me at a safe distance away.

shadow-wolf

shani

Welcome to the Brand Finale!

Untitled

The 4th Splatournament of the NLInklings will be themed after Splatoon's gear brands.

The sign-up period has just opened and will close on August 2nd 11:59PM.

You can sign at our Discord server, just head to the channel #sign_ups.
Please also leave your ranks in #post_your_ranks because we need those for teambuilding.

These are the teams:

1. The Krak-On Krusaders
2. Zink Big
3. Forge Onwards
4. Tentatanks

Of course you're not limited to the gear of your team's brand, any and all gear is allowed. Think of the four brands as esport team sponsors.

That said, this is not really a competitive tournament. Of course everyone wants to win, but our focus always lies on having fun.

Tournament format (brackets)

Rules

Terms & Conditions

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

So did anyone try out the new weapon, the Bloblobber? It's funny just how OP it is, it's like a Slosher with twice as much range and the ability for shots to bounce around, and shots barely take up any ink. Seriously, I think this outranges everything except the sniping weapons and maybe the Jet Squelcher. It is probably the most OP weapon I have ever seen in Splatoon 1 and in Splatoon 2. Enjoy it before it gets nerfed in the next update!

shadow-wolf

uhhhhhhhh

Bloblobber is a game-changer

uhhhhhhhh

GoldenGamer88

@shadow-wolf Cheers for the heads up. And there I was going to try out the Nautilus this evening.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

OctoInk20

Man, Blobobber is way too overpowered.

It needs a serious nerf, badly, because it's basically if you're caught in the crossfire of one, you're dead/splatted before you even know it.

OctoInk20

NinChocolate

One bloblobber is fine, but going agains 2-3 sucks lol

NinChocolate

NinjaAceTrainer

Going against multiple of anything sucks. I haven't played Splatoon since the Bloblobber released, but it seems fine.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

GoldenGamer88

NinjaAceTrainer wrote:

Going against multiple of anything sucks. I haven't played Splatoon since the Bloblobber released, but it seems fine.

This pretty much. We'll definitely need to wait until it has become more established and doesn't have 4 out of 8 players using it.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

OctoInk20

And now, again, the Octo Expansion secret final boss is once again giving me problems.

I'm at my wit's end with it and may have to rely on outside help from any folks who live in my city nearby me who can defeat it so I can quickly get the Golden Toothpick and move on because I don't even care about the satisfaction of doing it myself anymore. ; ;

OctoInk20

-Green-

Good news for most players. Splatoon 2 does have anti-cheat in place since update 3.1.0. It was revealed by hackers that it is a legitimate thing.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

I posted this in the Switch thread but next week's Fork vs. Spoon NA Splatfest appears to be the last one before the paid online service goes live.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

GOing out with a bang!

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Kimyonaakuma

Well they might as well get Fork VS Spoon out of the way, I can't see them selling their online service with Splatfests themes like that

Kimyonaakuma

OctoInk20

I feel really burnt out on Splatoon 2.

All the cheaters/autoaiming tryhards and the non-English names are stressing me out to such a great, infuriating degree that I'm just done.

I hope Nintendo Switch Online prevents, and even permanently bans those folks. They don't have any rights in being in Splatoon 2!

OctoInk20

Kimyonaakuma

OctoInk20 wrote:

All the cheaters/autoaiming tryhards and the non-English names are stressing me out....I hope Nintendo Switch Online prevents, and even permanently bans those folks. They don't have any rights in being in Splatoon 2!

I understand banning cheaters but people with non-english names? I think banning most of the world is quite extreme

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic