Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 5,014

-Green-

I'd settle for just banning the ones who wear the gas mask. Wearing it unironically is deserving of a ban.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

I just threw up in my mouth at the racism.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Toy_Link

@OctoInk20 How do non-English names stress you out? Are you scared people who don’t speak English are better players than you?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

-Green-

I could kind of understand being a bit more stressed if they were Japanese names since it is generally agreed upon in the competitive community that Japan is the best at this game. It can be intimidating going up against those who appear to be Japanese because it can feel like your outclassed. The rest of the stuff about banning them and such is a big no-no tho.

Maxz

@OctoInk20 You literally bought an online game made by 任天堂, produced by 野上恒, and directed by 天野裕介, 井上精太 and 佐藤慎太郎.

If you can't deal with non-English, do us all a favour and ban yourself. Go bang some sticks together in a cave for entertainment.

"They don't have any rights in being in Splatoon 2!"

They literally made the frikkin game, you utter trowel.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Arpie

I apologies if this has been asked before I've read back a few pages in the thread but couldn't quite bring myself to read all 232. Is the game worth it if you don't enjoy online multiplayer? The game looks great and from what I have read about it has a wealth of good content but every one seems to focus on the online aspect of the game which makes me wonder if the offline parts are not as good. I love local multiplayer getting everyone around the TV with a few beers and pizza but online multiplayer just seems cold somewhat pointless to me. Also I understand there is a single player mode, obviously it's not what you buy the game for but is it worth considering or just something they tacked on because they felt they had to?

Arpie

Kimyonaakuma

@Arpie I don't typically enjoy multiplayer games but I find myself enjoying Splatoon, so you might feel the same way.
But the offline content isn't great unless you buy Octo Expansion...

Kimyonaakuma

Arpie

@Kimyonaakuma Thank you for the reply so is the offline content only single player then? Octo expansion looks interesting but I don't really like the idea of having to buy another thing on top of the base game just to make it worth my while.

Arpie

EvilLucario

@Maxz What did you expect from a guy that goes on insane Twitter rants? The rant you see here is nothing compared to that guy's Twitter page lmao.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Arpie Everybody focuses on it because well, the game focuses on it. The Hero Mode and Octo Expansion (the two singleplayer modes, the latter of which you have to buy desperately but it is better than the Hero Mode) are more or less training grounds for the multiplayer, which is the gane's focus. If you enjoy it, depends on if you mind buying a game for 60€ for about 10 hours of content. And mind you that is IF you do everything both modes offer. The rewards for doing everything though are mostly for the multiplayer, though.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Arpie

@GoldenGamer88 thank you for the reply. Sorry what doesn't seem clear to me is if there is any local multiplayer at all? I couldn't give two hoots about online but would put a lot of time into local multiplayer. No issue with the single player is limited it's not the focus of the game.

Edited on by Arpie

Arpie

Kimyonaakuma

@Arpie You can only play local multiplayer if you know someone with a Switch, you can't just share one screen

Kimyonaakuma

Arpie

@Kimyonaakuma Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I was worried about. Shame they didn't bother to implement local multiplayer. Me, my wife and my friends regularly indulge in some gaming and were looking forward to giving this a go, still it's saved me £40.

Arpie

Tsukihime83

Would be great to be able to play ranked battles without the count down going to 1 almost immediately after the game starts

Tsukihime83

Trajan

Speaking of which, the switch really needs a splitscreen shooter.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

NinjaAceTrainer

@Trajan Crazy Justice has split screen, though it looks to me like a Fortnite clone in many ways.
@Tsukihime83 Would you like some tips? What keeps getting the better of you?

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

-Green-

I fully expect new stuff to be announced in September. Considering that by the start of that month, we'll have the last four kits released, and will have basically worked through all current content in the game's data.

For those wondering, there is a new sub being worked on in game, and it's assigned to one of the last four kits. So that could hint to more future kits getting it as well, in some variation of Sheldon's Picks. There is also a new Special in the game's data that unique and the basis of two modes. So there's a lot they could do with that if any of it amounts to anything.

Edit: Actually, they could announce stuff at gamescom like they did last year.

Edited on by -Green-

OctoInk20

About my comment, let me clarify (also I apologize, I despise stuff like I wrote.)

1. Tryhards plague the game, and should get kicked off/permabanned from the Nintendo Switch's online, even from the upcoming Nintendo Switch paid online;

2. Lay down the permaban hammer on cheaters/autoaimers/hackers, even building a way better anti-cheat system.

Until then, I'm burnt out and exhausted from playing Splatoon 2. I'll return when late September rolls around. I just need to gather myself and focus on my life outside of being a gamer and help be there for family, even since my sadly departed grandmother had just passed away in her sleep on August 8th.

OctoInk20

FaeKnight

Question for those who enjoy this game... Is it worth buying if you're not into online multiplayer vs? I don't mind such matches, and will occasionally engage in them in other games. But the typical attitude of people in Multiplayer Vs long ago put me off playing such things.

Or in other words, is the Single Player campaign worth buying Splatoon 2 for?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic