Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

@Maxz @Zyrac Thanks very much!

It's not all that bad really - I was just quite surprised how the game seemed to be easing me in gently at the start then, after reaching level 4, Sheldon hit me with reams and reams of text! I was just like....WHOA! Haha! (..adding the 'hurry up!' button just for him is pretty funny though! )

I've kinda just been using Turf War as my training ground so far - settling on a weapon at a time & trying to balance my outfit accordingly - learning on the fly!

Thanks for the tip about Hero Mode! (..and Salmon Run!) - sounds like a good way to expand my repertoire ..probably a good way to learn a little bit about what other players are using too & learning first-hand what their strengths and weaknesses could be!

...got a huge smile on my face after my initial dabbling's though - money well spent!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Namco

@Nicolai Imposter? I scanned the last 15 pages but can't seem to find the conversation. What are you talking about lol.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Nicolai

It was 9 pages back. I'll be sure to add you now!

Pg. 108

Late wrote:

Played Tower Control for an hour and noticed that someone named "Ayhan (NL)" was in the opposing team two times. Someone from here? I know some of you added NL to your names.

Nicolai wrote:

@Late I got a friend request from "Niam NL," not sure who that is either. Either some people from here, or someone is starting their own clan using our name!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Namco

Haha, actually there are two reasons I have NL added to my name. 1. I'm from the Netherlands 2. NintendoLife is one of my favourite news sites (obviously).

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

jump

I miss the old specials, I keep wishing for Kraken and Inkstrike in particular.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@jump Kraken needed to go as even nerfed it was still overpowered. I do miss inkstrike but the inkstorm is a pretty good substatue.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

I am glad to see the back of the Kraken,that thing got me all the time.I do miss the Inkstrike though.

I need to experimenter more,I've barely used anything other than my Splattershot outside of Salmon Run.I don't know why actually as I'm not even having much success with the Inkjet,I think I get splatted more than I splat.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JasmineDragon

So, is there any way to post a sign without signing up for Twitter or Facebook? Really bummed that it doesn't seem to be possible, but I'm not signing up for more social media just so I can have a little sig in Splatoon.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Nicolai

@JasmineDragon I use Facebook for networking, but I basically have my Twitter account for situations like this. That and contest entries. I recommend it if you don't plan on using Twitter for anything else. I just dump images and sponsored messages on it, and I don't share my Twitter page with anyone so that one suffers.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

meleebrawler

@OorWullie The best way to use the inkjet is to keep a healthy distance (as tempting as it may be to approach for better accuracy, it leaves you vulnerable) and activate from a safe, preferably high location. And if you're being targeted by a charger, you can still dive and hide in your ink while the jet is active.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JasmineDragon

@Nicolai I guess I might do that. Didn't really want to, but you know I want to be one of the cool squids.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Blue_Blur

@DiscoGentleman No worries, thanks for playing!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Nicolai

Weird, Splatnet2 says my Rainmaker rank is different from how it appears in the game.

Got married.

Maxz

Nicolai wrote:

@JasmineDragon I use Facebook for networking, but I basically have my Twitter account for situations like this. That and contest entries. I recommend it if you don't plan on using Twitter for anything else. I just dump images and sponsored messages on it, and I don't share my Twitter page with anyone so that one suffers.

This is very sage advice. Just create a Twitter account as if it were a Miiverse account. You can also create multiple accounts if you want to keep different parts of your online life separate, and most Twitter apps allow you to link them up so you can switch between then without logging in and out. I kinda resent being forced to link my nerd life with my... err, 'wider online presence', but at least Twitter lets you create a dedicated account.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@meleebrawler also one thing I learned from a friend was that you can also press b to get a little boost in height which can be useful for dodging or getting onto a higher platform.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

NaviAndMii

So, looks like my first Splatfest (well, except for the pre-release demo) is gonna be Flight vs. Invisibility! (..tough choice - leaning towards flight myself! )

I'm new to the game - what's the deal with these Splatfest's? ..are there special rewards or incentives to take part? ..or is it all just a bit of fun?

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Luffymcduck

@NaviAndMii
You get shells for playing in Splatfest. The more you play the more shells you receive when it's over. Shells can be used to change the abilities of your gear.

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii During a Splatfest you get a rank meter that builds up as you play matches (faster if you win, but it still goes up when you lose). Depending on the rank you get and whether your team wins, you get a number of Super Sea Snails you can use to add extra slots to your gear or reroll gear abilities if they're already maxes. You can expect to play for a few hours if you want the maximum rank.

Zyrac

Twitter:

TooBarFoo

I think splatfests are the only thing going to get me back into splatoon now. I'm just tired of lag always nuking at least a couple of players every match and one team being a player down so often. It is such a fun game but its P2P netcode just kills the game for me after being used to playing dedicated server games for the last 8 years.

TooBarFoo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic