Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 4,585

OorWullie

Inkbrushers seem to be the cause of most of my deaths so far in the sequel. In the original it was rollers by a long shot. My aggressive, careless play style makes me a prime target for them.

It would be good if Splatnet had that info. It lets you check your opponents gear and weapons from the last 50 battles but it's a pretty pointless feature without providing you actual stats.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nicolai

Blackbelly Skate Park is one of my favorites! Still beat by Walleye Warehouse which is beat by Mahi Mahi Resort, which is beat by Arowana Mall. Blue Fin Depot and Urchin Underpass are also favorites. I'd always take a new stage, but if they must, I hope they pick these levels!

I'll also be glad to see Kelp Dome again. It's a bit challenging at times, but necessary. Rainmaker can be scary, since it is, more than other levels, the easiest for an opponent to sneak past you with another route and win scary fast. Splat Zones can be scary, too.

@BLP_Software Good point.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Spoony_Tech

I think they need some more stages now. These new ones feel samey to me while the originals were all unique.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

Can we please stop openly mentioning unrevealed and leaked stages and weapons so damn freely?

At least one of us here likes a surprise.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Maxz

@OorWullie And then again in Ultra Hard Mode. And then again in Ultra Ultra Hard mode. And so on up to Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Hard Mode.

But seriously, it's kind of impressive that a game can get you to a rank called S freakin' PLUS, only to make you feel like you're on the bottom rung of the ladder. You thought A was the highest? Well meet A+. It's like A, but more. That not enough for you? How about S? Because you're super. But push any higher and you'll be S+... ZERO! We hope you enjoyed your time feeling princely with S, because now you're bottom of the food chain. You are ZERO. You are NOTHING!

My feels right now.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Nicolai

Maxz wrote:

@OorWullie And then again in Ultra Hard Mode. And then again in Ultra Ultra Hard mode. And so on up to Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Hard Mode.

But seriously, it's kind of impressive that a game can get you to a rank called S freakin' PLUS, only to make you feel like you're on the bottom rung of the ladder. You thought A was the highest? Well meet A+. It's like A, but more. That not enough for you? How about S? Because you're super. But push any higher and you'll be S+... ZERO! We hope you enjoyed your time feeling princely with S, because now you're bottom of the food chain. You are ZERO. You are NOTHING!

My feels right now.

Meanwhile I'm sitting way down here at A, feeling accomplished, yet looking way up at that tall tower. Lol

Anyone here fans of Frasier? This reminds of the episode where they finally find their way into the ultra secret exclusive Spa, only to find that there is a door only for Gold members. They find a way through eventually, experiencing bliss, until they see a door labeled Platinum. And every time they find a door, suddenly the room they're sitting in loses all of its luster.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Vee_Flames

@Maxz Well, if you do think about it, it's just like starting from S+ 0 and getting to S+ 99 in the first game. Except this time it's really gonna take a long time. Except if you're some demi-god of Splatoon.
Right now I'm in S+0 for Rainmaker, but it's a race between the cracks and the progress itself, and they are neck-and-neck with each other as I type this. Thankfully I'm safe so if the cracks win (I hope not), I can get to start S+0 all over again instead of the game throwing me back to rank A.... something I really like about the new ranking system.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MisterPi

After binging this game non stop for the past week, I can say it's extremely fun. I suck at ranked battles still, but turf war is where it's at.

Still though, I'm getting kind of tired of these stages. The map rotation is really becoming more and more apparent as I get bored of certain stages

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

yokokazuo

Was one win from ranking up in S+0, but we had a disconnect around 2 minutes in I think. Still managed to hold our own for the duration of the match, but we weren't able to gain a lead and my bar reset below the ok line
I think the way the game decides if you should be punished for losing a match with disconnects still needs to be reworked. It may be a bit difficult to determine if it would make a difference at times, but a disconnect can almost always lead to defeat at any point in a match.

My backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Knuckles-Fajita

Wont be able to play. A plane went over and we lost power

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

rallydefault

@Operative2-0
I think this is kind of heathenish to say to Splatoon players, but I really wish they'd get rid of the stage rotation thing and just put all of the stages into rotation at all times. If you want to sit down and binge, it gets tiring playing the same 2 maps for an hour straight with matches that are so short. I really can't think of any other shooter (1st or 3rd-person) that limits rotation like Splatoon does. I mean, I can't imagine what Overwatch would be like if the only maps I could play for a solid hour would be back and forth between London and Anubis, per say. Dang that would get boring.

That being said, Splatoon 2 is a freakin' awesome game and I'm loving it. It's great that there is so much to choose from at any given time: competitive multiplayer, Salmon Run (if up...that's another discussion lol), single player, community interaction, equipment management, etc. It almost feels like a couple different games wrapped into one. And this is coming from someone who wasn't a super fan of the first Splatoon.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Dogorilla

I've noticed several players in this game (and at least one in Mario Kart) with 'G&K' at the start of their name. Does anyone know what that means?

Currently Playing: Bomb Chicken (Switch), Siesta Fiesta (3DS), Fire Emblem (Wii U VC)

MisterPi

@rallydefault you've echoed my sentiments exactly, both the good and bad. I'm way more into the game than I was the first game, and it's truly special the thing they crafted. It's just frustrating (to me personally) that it seems like it's held back by strange design decisions. I'm hoping doubles in ranked is as fun as I'm imagining it, though, that's my next goal

MisterPi

Maxz

@Dogorilla I was asking the same question a few pages back. To answer, Guillaume & Kim are a pair of French Youtubers with a very devoted fanbase. It seems pretty common for fans of the channel to tag themselves with G&K to signal their appreciation. But yeah, it seems huge.

Because of the Ping-based matchmaking (I don't know exactly how this words is, but it means you're more likely to get teamed with geographically closer players) those of us in Europe will come across them much more frequently. They seem to largely die out in the higher ranks though.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Late

I think I just encountered a bug. Our team was missing one player and I had the message pop up saying that the rank meter will stay the same and yet I got a crack in the meter.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Nicolai

@Late I get that almost every time. I'm not sure why, or what the rules were. Does it only not change your rank when your meter finally breaks? Seems silly, if that's the case.

I rise from the ashes!

GoldenGamer88

This morning, I encountered something ... weird. I just booted up the game, listened to the news and went to move to the Lobby (hate quick travel since it detracts from the experience imo). So I moved at the normal speed but a few meters away from that glass floor, my Inkling looked like she was skipping at a much slower space despite me moving the control stick as I always do and previous did. There wasn't anything stuck beneath the stick that could affect it or anything. So I played a match, same issue: Walk a few meters, skip a bit, then a few meters at normal speed, rinse and repeat. So I took out my old, normal Pro Controller, no issue there. Tried out my Splatoon Pro Controller, no issue. Maybe I was just imagining things or I encountered some kind of bug.

Also, I had a shockingly high number of always exactly one person, either on my or the opposing team, just disconnecting. That's not normal for me. Everything ran smoothly on my part and none of the players appeared to have issues playing. It's really frustrating since it doesn't make fun either way, it's not a fair competition. Altogether a rather annoying day with Splatoon.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

bluedogrulez

Played a ton this weekend. Least favorite type of match: a close loss because some noob superjumps to me with less than a minute left and gets us both killed. Most rewarding type of match: beating an over-aggressive than camps their team in your territory . . . but we slip behind them.

bluedogrulez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic