Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 4,585

Grumblevolcano

I figured I'd add my Switch friend code, feel free to add me.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Maxz

@Spoony_Tech Arlo's hit on a number of points on that I haven't seen thoroughly tackled in most other videos. There's something to be said for being a 'Johnny come lately' in putting out reviews, as I feel he's really got to grips with subtler aspects of the game that I certainly pick up on in the first few days. Also, the extended video format allows him to tackle things in the sort of detail that rivals long-form written reviews, which is another bonus over most YouTube reviews.

The more I play the game, the more I can get behind giving it full marks. Does is revolutionise the genre? No, but is does significantly refine and polish a genre that is predecessor basically invented, and I think that deserves some credit. Throw in the excellent and freshtastic Salmon Run, and a much more fleshed-out, imaginative and action-packed singleplayer, and you get an impressively rounded package.

I understand why people are hesitant about 10/10s being handed out too readily, but Arlo bypassing that metric and going for 7/7 is strangely more digestible. You could perhaps talk me down from giving it - or almost any game - 10/10, but there's no way I'd give it less than the full 7 marks if that was what was available.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Late

Just had really bad luck with Rainmaker. I was one away from getting S- and then I lost 5 matches in a row which is the most games I've lost in a row so far. No matter how well my team did, the opposing team was always a bit better. And I thought it was going to be a quick playsession since I won first two matches and only had one crack on the bar. Well, I played a couple more matches and now I'm back where I started from with 2/3 full bar and one crack.

I did one miraculous save in one of the matches we lost. The enemy squid with the Rainmaker got past my team mates while I was making a way for our attack so I decided to jump back to the base since no one was defending it. I clicked one of my teammates instead by an accident and I knew I had to act quick. I could already see the enemy getting close to the pedestal while our entire team was still on the lower level / center of Musselforge Fitness. I threw a Splat Bomb near the pedestal and boom, I killed both of the enemy squids evem though I couldn't even see them from where I was standing. Unfortunately, we lost couple minutes later.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GoldenGamer88

Speaking of favorite stages, that'd probably be Humpback for me (though the app tells me my favorite was The Reef). It's so open and cool to look at. Still not that big of a fan of Moray Towers but it's not as bad as it was in Splatoon 1/I remember it being since most (if not all) chargers can no longer hit you from atop the sniping spots above the central area.

As for the Brella, I like its Sub and Special and it can cover a lot of ground but I don't seem able to score a lot of kills with it, at least not as much as I see from other Brella users. I may use it from time to time but it won't be used too often, I think.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Blue_Blur

shani wrote:

Blue_Blur wrote:

Doing some Tower matches earlier today, and seeing a lot of Inklings using the Brella made me think: imagine a team using only the Brella, all on the tower, shielding on all sides... that would be so annoying! lol XD

lol let's find 8 squids and try that out in a private battle^^
I'm curious how long the Brella team could defend the tower that way.

I would guess that the Brella team could protect it for a fair amount of time - but not enough for an easy knockout... or at least I hope not! XD There's really no way for the other team could get behind them on the tower (where they could easily be splatted), so right there the Brella team has an advantage. Though, something simple like a bomb rush would make the Brella team have to move and ruin their entire plan...

OorWullie wrote:

I'm a big fan of Sturgeon Shipyard, it's probably my favourite map of the new bunch.

Same, Sturgeon Shipyard quickly became my favorite new stage as well.

Though I miss a lot of the old stages, to be honest. To me, most of the new stages more or less have the same layout without many gimmicks. Many of the old stages were completely different from one another, with both gimmicks and layout, and that alone makes them more memorable, in my opinion. That's probably why I like Sturgeon Shipyard so much; the rotating platforms and obstacles make it stand out from the rest of the new stages. I hope the future stages offer more variety, and Camp Triggerfish (my all-time favorite stage) comes back someday.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

OorWullie

@Blue_Blur Data miners found some details in the last patch,it looks like Kelp Dome and Blackbelly Skatepark will be the next 2 returning maps.I liked both of them but they wouldn't have been my first picks.Blackbelly is quite similar in layout to the new maps.Flounder Heights is the map I'd most like to see return,loved RM on that.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

Mahi Mahi Resort and Urchin Underpass would've been my first picks. The former being very unique and the latter because MK8 Deluxe.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

Splat Zones on Mahi Mahi Resort was absolutely mental,it was relentless.

I must say I'm a little disappointed all the maps only have one Splat Zone.Unless I've missed one?Not sure I've played on them all at SZ yet,I think I have.I'm quite happy with Moray Towers being a single Zone as it could be really difficult to gain back control when behind.Saying that,the Inkrails would have helped.I preferred the 2 zones in the original Port Mackerel though.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Knuckles-Fajita

@OorWullie @Grumblevolcano

Ive said it before in this thread. Spoiler tags are your friends. Some of us dont want to know these things

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Blue_Blur

@OorWullie Thanks for the info, didn't know that. Kelp and Blackbelly wouldn't be my first picks either, but I don't hate either of them. Flounder Heights, Bluefin Depot, and Camp Triggerfish are the stages that I would like to see return the most.

And I think Moray Towers still has two zones, actually. The zones are just really close together. I haven't thought about Moray being the only stage with more than one zone... but that is quite disappointing. I hope they keep the zones in Blackbelly the same too, and not turn it into a single zone. I think it would be too close to Kelp Dome's splat zone layout then.

I am glad they changed Port Mackerel into only having one zone, though. Never liked the layout of two zones for it in the original.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

Spoony_Tech

I have to avoid playing this game late at night. My last 2 sessions have went onto 3:30 in the morning. I'm too old for this lol. I keep saying just one more then I get frustrated and have to do better next game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Zyrac

My usual long-range weapons weren't cutting it in Splat Zones, so I decided to mix it up and try the Carbon Roller. Good decision - it took me from the bottom of B+ to near the top of A-, despite a lack of practical roller experience. Using my double XP ticket beforehand was a good decision too! And Autobombs are more useful than I'd initially given them credit for, especially for dealing with snipers.

I suspect people will tell me I should use the Octobrush instead, but I'm a raging nonconformist when it comes to these things, so whatever.

@OorWullie Moray Towers is actually still two zones, but they're right next to each other. I liked Splat Zones on the old Port Mackerel too. I used to totally dominate that with the Squiffer... which is another thing we're missing. Although my Ink Mine strats are pretty much dead regardless.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

AxL

I have to agree that this game is seriously addictive, but I can't play long sessions in one sitting... Just had a good winning streak, 5 games in a row with getting freshness bonus. Can someone explain how extra xp thing works because I haven't had Wii U or played the first one... Oh and if anyone wants to add me feel free to! would like to play some Salmon run coop with vc 🎉

Edited on by AxL

AxL

Switch Friend Code: SW-3130-4712-2154 | My Nintendo: AxL | Nintendo Network ID: FamulusCaelum

OorWullie

@BLP_Software Apologies, never thought about that.

I didn't realise it's 2 zones on Moray. Even though they're right next to each other at least it shows double zones haven't been scrapped.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Vee_Flames

Yep, I can confirm that there are 2 zones in Moray Towers. Both of them have to be in your ink color before
the timer starts counting down. Just like in the first game.

I'm liking the Splat Brella so far. I'm using abilities that reduce the amount of ink used by the Sprinkler and the Splat Brella itself. The Sprinkler's not only useful for inking the area but for providing a distraction for enemies (while the enemies are trying to destroy the Sprinkler you could use the opportunity to splat him/her. The Splat Brella has some decent damage). I don't like how easy it is for the Brella shield to break, however.... once it breaks in battle you're easily the biggest target for the enemies.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TheXReturns

@Zyrac As a self-proclaimed roller main myself, I certainly wouldn't say that the inkbrushes are better. XD An ambushing carbon/splat roller is one of the most effective killers in this game, if played correctly. Ninja Squid and either Stealth Jump or Drop Roller should really help with an ambushing playstyle, I can't recommend them enough. Swim Speed up and Main Saver are also pretty nifty.

(Yes, I am trying to convince you to be a roller main. Come join the ambush side, we're always "on a roll")

Puns aside, Inkbrushes are pretty much the only opponent you'll want to vertical flick. (That and walls) They're the only thing you aren't guaranteed to beat at short range. Rollers too, I guess, but roller v roller generally ends with both dead.

With the Carbon, one useful trick is to throw the autobomb behind an opponent, forcing them closer, and into your flick. It's a pretty handy trap for an unsuspecting shooter. (Sorry if I'm repeating stuff you already know, you seem to have the basics already nailed)

I'll also make a personal plug and say you should also try out the splatroller. The longer you hold down R, the shorter the distance a curling bomb goes, which can lead to some excellent short range splats. (In an ambusher playstyle. In a firefight, never pull out the curlers, they'll just absorb your ink reserve)

Today I proved it is possible to get into S rank in all three ranked modes using A, the Splatroller only, and B, sticks, no motion controls. I find the motion controls to be a tad finicky using a roller, leading to occasions where you're sure you should've killed them, but haven't, because the motion controls flick a little too high, causing too much dropoff, so I have them disabled for roller play.

EDIT: Wow, that post was long. I only meant to write a few quick tips... Sorry... ">_<

Edited on by TheXReturns

Heavily distracted by Overwatch...
Splatoon 1 Rank - S
Splatoon 2 Rank - S+0 (ish)
Overwatch - Proudly Gold. I'm bad, but I love it.
Happy NLInkling

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Zyrac

@TheXReturns Heh, thanks for the tips. I'm running Ninja Squid already, but Drop Roller is an interesting idea. I'll give that a try. I'm not about to convert to full-time roller main, but the Carbon is definitely in my arsenal now. It'll be my go-to Splat Zones weapon, at least.

As for the brush comparison, the Octobrush just seems like a more popular weapon for ranked that does basically the same stuff, including having the same sub. But you're right that it's not necessarily better.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Maxz

So, against all expectations, I made it to S+ in Tower Control, only to find that S+ sort of doesn't exist as a rank! At least not in form I expected. Instead of there just being a single, comprehensive S+ rank, I hit rank 'S+0'. I did a little research, and it seems you can keep pushing through the ranks all the way so rank S+50.

It came as a bit of a shock, as I was feeling super proud about hitting 'the highest rank in the game', and then it was like, okay, here's 50 more ranks for you, off you go! My completionist tendencies were struggling to comprehend the new task they'd just been set. It was hard enough getting from C- to S, and now there are 51 extra ranks to push through!? Aaaah!

I don't know the ins and outs of how the system works as you progress through it (apparently you can drop multiple ranks if your bar cracks), but perhaps it has some advantages over the old system. But... it was a definitely a bit of a shock.

I think I'm just going to pretend that S+ is a rank, and not really pay too much attention to the numbers. Umm... so, yay! I'm S+ at something! I am good at a video game! Just... still 50 ranks worse than the best players.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic