Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 5,014

Luffymcduck

@NaviAndMii
Winning team gets more shells.
EDIT: Super Sea Snails, not Shells.

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

ThomGee

Whence art thou, my Team Invisibility brethren?

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Zyrac

@Nintendoer I'm with you, dude! Even though I'm not entirely comfortable with the fact that I've sided with Marina every time so far...

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Luffymcduck Oh nice! Looking forward to it! ..especially now that I know that there's a proper incentive to take part (and put some hours in!) Thanks for the info!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Nicolai

@NaviAndMii Wow! The introvert in me finds invisibility very tempting... hide away from the world, escape all of my problems, live off of stolen goods. But it's also creepy when its used to spy on other people. And hiding away while invisible would cause much more problems than it solves. It's still all very tempting... in a guilty sorta way.

Meanwhile, flight would be so awesome and exhilerating, and doesn't hurt anyone, so I'm picking that! I'd always dreamed of being a bird when I was younger, and I love flying!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blue_Blur

@NaviAndMii Another tip that's also good to know is that if you're interested in trying to get perfect abilities on your gear, wearing and upgrading your Splatfest Tee is by far the cheapest way to do it. A normal piece of gear takes 20,000 coins to remove the secondary abilities and get ability chunks from, while the Splatfest Tee only takes 2,000 coins each time. The catch is that you don't get to keep the Splatfest Tee after the event is over, so be sure to take advantage of this while you can! And joining Team Flight would be a good choice.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Zyrac

@Blue_Blur The other catch to this is that the Splatfest Tee has SquidForce branding and thus a high chance of rolling Ink Resistance. The price still makes it a nice option, but brands are something to keep in mind while grinding for chunks. (Helpfully, Crusty Sean's drink menu shows which brands are associated with each ability.)

Zyrac

Twitter:

Maxz

Achieving invisibility is easy:

"EVERYONE LOOK AT THE CEILING!!!"

"What... why!? I don't see anything there."

"Including me, right? You can't see me... right!?"

"Of course I can't see you"

"THEN I AM INVISIBLE!"

manaical cackling ensues

You can't get people to switch off gravity so easily.

But seriously, I'd rather have an ability that didn't depend on there being other people around to make any difference. And the difference would be that they can't see me, which would still be the case if they weren't around to begin with.

Flight would make the average commute so much easier. Invisibility would just mean you're more likely to end up under a bus.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Maxz Or just being embarrassed, if by the logic the game seems to be presenting you need to have your clothes off to be fully invisible.

Flying is definitely more useful to the average person, even if you don't get the rest of Superman's traits to go with it. Doing so even at roughly the same speed as walking should save you some time by not having to navigate obstacles.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JasmineDragon

Flight all the way. Come on, this isn't even a contest. Flight is the power four out of ten superheroes have because it's massively useful, while invisibility is the power so useless, they had add several other powers to it to make Sue Storm be anything like a legitimate superhero.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

NaviAndMii

@Nicolai Haha! Yeah, my thoughts exactly - invisibility definitely has that creepy vibe to it Plus, I lived in Australia for a couple of years a while back (now UK) - so being able to have a super-power that allowed me to just nip over to the other side of the world for a few beers with my old buddies would be just magic! #TeamFlight all the way!

@Blue_Blur @Zyrac Wow, thanks so much for the advice! Great tips!

Zyrac

@JasmineDragon Invisibility is only useless if you're trying to write a good superhero story. Wouldn't be terribly exciting if Sue Storm just waltzed into Doctor Doom's headquarters and stabbed him in the back, y'know?

Zyrac

Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Zyrac Because it's not like Viktor Von Doom wears a magical suit of armor 24/7 (and that's if it isn't actually a Doombot) or has heard of locked doors.

But yeah, most of Invisible Girl's (the distinction between that and Woman is important) uselessness was more due to her sheer idiocy (and writer misogyny) than her powers not being helpful.

Jazzer94

Think I'll go with invincibility for this fest, both options are cool though so should hopefully be a even split or close to for votes this time.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

KirbyTheVampire

I might consider picking flight, but if anyone saw you, you would instantly be the most famous person in the world, and that's not something I crave whatsoever. At least invisibility is something that can be used secretly. (Obviously, since no one can see you)

Not to mention the fact that the government might decide you're a threat or are disturbing the peace or something. Even if they didn't arrest you and simply stopped you from using your power, that means you're basically just a normal human again, which is lame. I'll take being able to sneak around and spy on people any day, as creepy as that sounds. (Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same)

KirbyTheVampire

NaviAndMii

@EdJericho Thanks for the tip about grinding only the first two abilities before resetting - much appreciated! ..I'll be taking full advantage in the upcoming Splatfest!

meleebrawler

@KirbyTheVampire Can't that be said for EVERY superpower, if you were the only one with them and were caught using them? And if you're gonna argue that invisibility prevents that from happening, you could also just fly really high (above clouds, at least) where people can't see you.

Namco

meleebrawler wrote:

You could also just fly really high (above clouds, at least) where people can't see you.

Hm, and die from a lack of oxygen? As well as slowly freezing to death?

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

KirbyTheVampire

@meleebrawler It can, I'm just saying that flying around is a lot more obvious than invisibility, provided you don't disappear in front of people.

As for flying really high, that is true, although I don't really know how sustainable that is, for reasons that the poster above me already said.

The best option IMO would probably be to fly out in the countryside and land outside of populated areas, although having to head out there every time would get annoying really fast, especially if you lived in heavily populated areas.

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic