Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 141 to 160 of 5,014

FGPackers

The Testfire was really fun. Game is not just a port, really. There is a good number of changes. Won a lot of matches, my best one with 15-1 (posted on Twitter). Dualies are very good and i have already a very good feeling with them. I'm really surprised by joy-cons and gyro. I will definetely not need a Pro Controller. And i love musics and looking of the game, way better than Splatoon. Can't wait for more tomorrow!!

@Operative2-0 some things feel different, some don't. But it's always a really fun game

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

rallydefault

@Operative2-0
For me, no substantial difference.

But take that with a grain of salt. I wasn't super hardcore Splatoon on the Wii U, though I did play through everything and sink a decent number of hours into the multiplayer.

rallydefault

TuVictus

I don't mind if it's more of the same, though I was sort of hoping for something to really set itself up as a proper sequel. But hey, more splatoon isn't a bad thing. Just like Mario Galaxy 2 didn't do too much different in terms of game mechanics, I still loved it to death. So I'm sure this will be similar

TuVictus

FGPackers

@Operative2-0 i played really a lot on Wii U and if you want details: dualies are really fun to use and add new levels to gameplay with the roll. Rollers and charges with the new additions (vertical swing and shot that you can insta-fire) adds more ways to play. The Splasher is the only type of weapon that feels the same, but for obvious reasons (no adds basically). Curling bomb is really nice but a little bit complicated to master. And finally no invincible specials. The missiles that come with the splasher are really nice especially on a strategical level and the jet pack is the most difficult to use on a mobility basis. On game itself there's really not so much but it's a shooter, so it can be really obvious at some point. But that's not bad. Instead i think it's good because they remained on what made the game good. And this one is too! That's what i got from first session

FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

I really liked it, but I didn't play the first one, so I have no idea how different the two games are. Probably not very. Most shooter franchises don't change that much.

KirbyTheVampire

Angelic_Lapras_King

Was I the only one keep getting connection errors? I did manage to get half a dozen matches out of tonight, though it did have trouble connecting online for a bit....

Angelic_Lapras_King

brossco85

i had quite a few errors to begin with but once i got going it was fine. Really enjoyed it even though i was terrible at it, cant wait to play more.

brossco85

ThomGee

I only played the Testfire for a couple of matches (school and all), but what I did play was great. My only problems were the movement of jump from X to B, as my muscle memory kept opening the map in inopportune situations, and the lack of a constantly open map, but that's just due to the differences between the Wii U and Switch.

The Splat Roller was insanely fun to play with because of the new jump flick. It made the whole set feel much better for me, even if that's just my personal tastes. The Splat Dualies were fine, but I'm still worried that they won't have any real weaknesses, with their good range, great fire rate, and the rolling mechanism. The Splat Charger isn't my kind of weapon, so I did not like using it, and the Splattershot is still reliable.

The two maps were kind of confusing, though that may be because of the lack of a constant map. They were fine.

Anyways, was anybody allowed to play matches after the end of the timeslot? I played until at least 4:15 (EST).

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

KirbyTheVampire

@Nintendoer I was able to play for a couple of extra minutes, but they booted me out after my match was over.

I liked the roller the best, too. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to gyro, but it was definitely the easiest for me to use. Dualies are really cool too, but it's gonna take some practice for me to get good at using them.

KirbyTheVampire

Honelith

Is the game not 1080p in docked mode? O_o

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

IceClimbers

8 of the top 10 trends in Japan right now are Splatoon 2 related! This game is gonna be so huge over there.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FGPackers

About buttons i suffered the change of jump button just in the first battle. Right from second one i was ok. About map i found it really comfortable and easy to use with gyro. This game looks so much better in so much ways...i'm going to play it everyday, like it was with Splatoon!!

FGPackers

Jhena

Oh by the way i can really recommend using a lan adapter. Played the first two matches w lan then with lan. Dont see a better internet infrastructure yet. W lan felt as if shoots were somehow swallowed up by the void in the original splatoon. With lan you really feel the shots getting through. Much better.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Nicolai

Man, the people with the jet packs were so vulnerable

I didn't notice much difference from Splatoon Wii U. The Gamepad map will be sorely missed, but 10 hours in I'll probably get the hang of using the X button. I noticed a major difference in the way your inkling deals with going over enemy ink, though, but I'm not sure what it is. It also seems to take a lot longer for damage to go away. These are all pretty minor, but it's mostly nice to see all new music, stages, and specials. Handheld mode is fantastic.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Honelith

Damn, so Splatoon 2 is 720p both docked and undocked? Same as Wii U then.

That just blows my mind, was expecting it to be higher resolution. Sigh, Switch needs some good 1080p games. :/

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

IceClimbers

Couple minor things I noticed:
-The respawn animation seems much shorter than in the first game
-In the options there are sensitivity sliders for both the gyro and the right analog. IIRC, in the first game both the gyro and the right analog were bound to one slider.

IceClimbers

BigBadJohn

@Wario64 That's actually quite impressive.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic