Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 161 to 180 of 5,014

Aozz101x

im excited to try out the sequel.
if anybody tried out the testfire thing for the sequel, i have a few questions.
1. is it an improvement of the 1st splatoon
2. how good is the controls? not that i had any issues with 1st one, but i am curious of it being on switch now.
actually @IceClimbers found the answers, i was looking for. now i know for sure that im looking forward to it. i should have look before typing. my bad, ^-^''

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

_Octoling_

After an hour of Global Testfire, here are my impressions:

The game is exactly what you would expect out of Splatoon. Not much is different, but with the change in music and specials the game seems to have a slightly different atmosphere, maybe it's just me though. Graphics look like Splatoon 1, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleased by the various HUD and map updates. The reaction to the controls seems to vary based on the person, but I thought they were just okay (slight downgrade from the Gamepad, which was perfect for it). Joycon in grip is the best way to play for me (don't have a Pro Controller so I can't judge that) but it was surprisingly fine in handheld mode. IMO separated Joycon doesn't really work that well. Overall, I'm really pleased and looking forward to this game even more, but I think that experience will be better on the TV with this one.

Edited on by _Octoling_

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

-Green-

I've become so accustomed to Zelda controls that I spent the first 5 or so rounds pressing x to jump. It was awful in a funny way.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

FGPackers

Nicolaison wrote:

I noticed a major difference in the way your inkling deals with going over enemy ink, though, but I'm not sure what it is. It also seems to take a lot longer for damage to go away.

I noticed it too and it seems like you take same damage in less time.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Ryu_Niiyama

@-Green- I had the same problem...I was very useless to my team. Although I like the fact that they gyro is on only in one joycon so i just moved one hand...that was surprisingly comfortable for me. (didn't have the grip as I was at work)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

renaryuugufan92

@-Green- I was doing the same thing, after 105+ hours of pressing x to jump in Botw using B to jump in Splatoon 2 is a bit of a doozy. Looking forward to the 11pm session.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

veeflames

As of this post, Andre (from GameXplain) somehow is still able to play... 6 minutes after the servers were supposed to be shut off.
Wut?
EDIT: Aaaand he got kicked out.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Green-

Roller + Lag is still the most broken combo in the game I see.

Eric258

First time I played it and I've got to say, I absolutely loved it! It was so fun!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

LzWinky

I want this game now!

I miss Splatoon

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jack_Goetz

I played the first round with the Joy-Con grip and seemed to be doing pretty well. Figured I try the Pro Controller for the second test fire and I couldn't get on with it. I'd gone from being about second best to second worst between the two sessions. For some reason the Pro Controller just didn't feel right for the gyro controls, perhaps it's because it's heavier than the grip? After about half an hour though I finally managed to adjust to the change in controller. It was weird though, I thought it'd be a clear winner over the Joy Con grip...

Jack_Goetz

R_Champ

@-Green-

LOL, any quick-kill (roller/quick shooting gun without charge) + camping + lag is broken in Splatoon. I was hoping they'd try to remedy that, but it looks like Splatoon creators are taking notes on balance from Capcom . I remember SPECIFICALLY choosing anti-camping weapons in the first game just to counter the 80% of online campers with gold/zapper guns or rollers (the splash damage gun was great at rooting them out of hiding).

On a positive note I feel like the specials are all pretty fair so far. In the first Splatoon the Kraken and the shield were entirely broken. So far all the specials are good, but easily avoidable if you're ready for them and can be stuffed if you're careful.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

-Green-

@R_Champ Definitely. The Specials in the previous game were pretty ridiculous so I'm glad they redid them.

ThomGee

Tried to play in handheld mode, and it was pretty bad. The motion controls seemed to be constantly tipped down, and I just didn't enjoy it. In TV mode with the Grip, however, it's awesome.

I got more use out of the Dualies rolling today. It's very useful for killing and quick movement. Though it is slightly annoying how you can't shoot in the air.

The Splashdown is by far my favorite Special. The missile launcher definitely needs a buff, the jetpack is too hard to control and I'm not the best at aiming, and I never used the Splat Charger. I do wish Splashdown gave you Super Armour, though.

I think the Dualies are my favorite out of the four Testfire weapons. I hope there's a set with the Splashdown special.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

First time player - enjoyed it a lot!

..it reminds me of Rocket League - different type of game of course - but they share a lot of the same qualities: accessible, fun, well paced and ADDICTIVE! You can pick up the basics quite quickly - but there's also enough complexity there to give it long-term appeal

I must admit that I found it pretty frustrating that I couldn't invert the the motion controls - I always play shooters with an inverted y-axis - so ended up having to turn them off, which was a shame ..but that was my only gripe - the games were extremely fun, the presentation was great, the internet connection was buttery smooth - it definitely left me wanting more!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Jhena

Is it confirmed that splatoon 2 has the same level rotation as 1? Playing the same two levels for an hour was kinda on the nope side of things for me. Testfire had the same thing.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Honelith

Never played Splatoon before, but really enjoying Splatoon 2 so far, so much so that I've gone out and bought Splatoon for the Wii U to master before Splatoon 2 comes out.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

TuVictus

@-Green- Haha I did the same thing. I kept bringing up the map and in my panic I didn't know how to close it. Happened multiple times a match

TuVictus

Late

@Jhena I don't think they've said anything about the stage rotation yet. I think it works in a demo setting where the stage selection is limited to two maps either way but I hope there's a way to choose a stage in the full game. Seeing it appear in the Global Testfire makes me think they'll be continuing the trend. On the other hand, it's something they had ready since the game is clearly built on the same engine so they could have just included it in the demo without wasting any time and then leave it out of the full release.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Angelic_Lapras_King

Big improvement over last night, zero connection errors whatsoever.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic