Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 5,014

KirbyTheVampire

@shani It comes with the Tenta Missiles, and its sub is Toxic Mist.

Good to know about the game modes, too. For some reason though, a lot of people in Rainmaker seem to think they can't swim while they're holding it. Maybe that's just me who's experiencing that, though.

KirbyTheVampire

Timppis

Holy hell.

Played Salmon run for the first time for realz...

Got to Part Timer late sets... DAMN THAT THINGS GET GOOD!

Timppis

shadow-wolf

So, I hate to be a Debbie Downer amidst all of you enjoying Splatoon 2, but I still can't believe they didn't improve on some of the few flaws of the original Splatoon (one of my favorite games ever).

Like how come you still can't change your weapons in the lobby? And how come you still can't exit a lobby until you enter a match and then finish it?

I'm sure it's a great game but it's crazy how they still haven't fixed these issues, cause there is no excuse whatsoever for not fixing them (unlike the lack of a split-screen multiplayer online, which is understandable yet definitely disappointing).

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Nicolai

Grr... I keep setting up all of these beacons, why don't my teammates use them? I guarantee you, they're in fine locations; they just insist on squid jumping to their death right in the middle of the line of scrimmage.

@Joshua179, Maybe it's just me, but I find the music controls just as entertaining

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nin10dad

Here's a code for a Splatoon theme for the 3DS. Just purchased it using up my expiring Gold myNintendo coins, only to be told I already have the content downloaded on my system 😂

B0T6 NJK2 04WW 8PFV

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Skid

@Nicolai Ugh, this has always been a problem. I think with how the maps work now people will jump to them less than Splat1

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Zyrac

@Nicolai As far as I recall, the only beakon I've seen so far was right in front of my team's spawn point. Not that it was a surprise. It's always been a common complaint that the average squid seems to have zero understanding of the things.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Nicolai

@NapalmPsalm It still seems like a good idea. I've been in plenty of situations where the entire team is splatted, and a beacon would really help us all get back in faster. Not that they would use it, however.

@Zyrac At the level I am at right now, players seem to have just as much sense as I would on the battlefield. Except for this one, annoying quirk.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haruki_NLI

@shadow-wolf Given how fast you go through the lobby for matchmaking a lot of the time, its probably best you dont go off changing gear.

Thats just my assumption anyway. The only reason its doable in private matches is down to the host needing to initiate the match

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

@Nicolai I never saw too many people jumping to them in the first game either but I always loved a user that had them!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shani

Arrrrgh, Rainmaker is so frustrating right now! I stopped and played a few TW matches instead.
@Blue_Blur Hey you. Nice matches, it was fun while it lasted!
@KirbyTheVampire Ah thanks, good to know!

@Snaplocket Try to help/support/guide your teammates more or to complement their game when you see them doing mistakes. Many players don't know where to go or are unaware where the enemies might be hiding or simply don't get that the whole team shouldn't be covering the same spot. Whenever I see one of my teammates go the same way I do, I immediately turn around and go somewhere else. Unless they seem really helpless. ^^
Also, when you see that someone might be spawn-splatted, try to stay there until they arrive and provide them with a safe space to land on.
Generally, if you feel like you're the top player of your team most of the time, try to lead them the best you can. They won't always listen to your advice or follow your lead, but it's the best you can do.

shadow-wolf wrote:

Like how come you still can't change your weapons in the lobby? And how come you still can't exit a lobby until you enter a match and then finish it?

I'm pretty certain they did this on purpose. Think about it, Splatoon 1 already let you change your weapons in squad battle lobbies. And Splatoon 2 lets you change your weapons in Team Splatfest lobbies. It's not an oversight, they did it on purpose. Want to know why? I believe they want you to stick to the weapon you chose for that rotation. Remember how they explained the rotations with how they wanted players to think about the maps and choose their setup accordingly? It's the same reason.
I mean, they changed an awful lot of flaws that many people complained about. The devs obviously read a lot of that feedback (they even said it themselves, but actions speak louder than words).
Changing the weapons in the lobby was something many of us wanted, but they didn't do it because they obviously believe it's better this way.
And don't get me wrong: I'd also prefer to change my gear and weapons in the lobby. But it's definitely not an oversight, it can only be intentional.

About the other thing: I agree on that as well. But maybe they don't want lobbies constantly having to find new players because someone left before the lobby was full. Finding 8 players for a match (sadly) takes ages as it is, it would only get worse if people could leave whenever they want.
That said, you can always hit the HOME button. But if you do that too often, you will probably get (temporarily) banned, so I'd advise against that.

Joshua179 wrote:

on top of that, they removed the arcade game in the lobby! It makes for a dull experience while waiting for a match...

Actually, that's not true at all. You can play around with the music and they ways of manipulation are quite sophisticated. It's better than any minigame in my opinion.
I had totally forgotten about the arcade game you mentioned. I didn't even remember that it was there in the first place. Simply because it got boring pretty quickly and I didn't play it for most of my Splatoon 'career'.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

Of course, when you do find teammates who know how to use beakons, you also find people who know to destroy them. Players in the first game would even Inkstrike them sometimes.

...There's a use for the Stingray, I guess?

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

@Zyrac If there is, I haven't found/seen it yet. Maybe with more skilled players. But its lack of maneuverablity is just too much. Maybe they could change it into some kind of turret?
I actually had someone point a Stingray at me from a relatively short distance on one of the outer rings of Humpback. There wasn't much room to evade it, but I still managed to do that and splatted that squid easily.

So far the Stingray is basically just a running gag. ^^

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

@shani I meant you could use it to destroy beakons. It still sucks though.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

@Joshua179 Yeah I realized that only after my post (and edited it), totally forgot about Squid Jump. But yeah, that game got boring for me pretty quickly. Can't say that the music controls won't either.

@Zyrac Ah okay, I hadn't really followed the other discussion but I guess it makes sense. ^^

Nicolai

shani wrote:

Also, when you see that someone might be spawn-splatted, try to stay there until they arrive and provide them with a safe space to land on.

I usually do this, but it's still incredibly annoying, because I'll often get myself splatted in the process. Sometimes I know the fire is too hot and I have to ditch 'em. Nothing's worse than when I'm cutting a thin line into enemy ink, get outnumbered, and have to fall back when a teammate starts calling right at the turnaround.

Zyrac wrote:

Of course, when you do find teammates who know how to use beakons, you also find people who know to destroy them. Players in the first game would even Inkstrike them sometimes.

It's usually not a problem if you lay plenty, though. They can't find all of them.

@shani I managed to finally get splatted by one. I was being chased and didn't have time to look back, and ran right into it. It hardly counts, though, cuz I was already heavily damaged, but I would have gotten away otherwise.

But, I mean, some specials are ineffective splatters but do enough scattering, or adding pressure with multiple special cooperation, or just distracting a player to their doom. The Stingray rarely succeeds in any of those things.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

NightMoon

I have to remember that those ink mines don't kill you anymore. I always try to retreat from them when they glow and about to explode.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

Blue_Blur

@shani - Hey! Great games as always, it was a lot of fun!

Just had an awesome Rainmaker match in Starfish Mainstage. My team was losing, and everyone but me on my team got splatted, with less than a minute left. Luckily, I avoided the other team's attack, and hid in the corner. The other team must've forgotten about me, since they all started to attack the shield... so I splatted three of them, grabbed the Rainmaker, and took the lead! I got splatted shortly after, but by then enough time had passed for my teammates to come back, and they managed to finish the job and get a knockout. Matches with awesome comebacks like that are always the best!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

LzWinky

Nicolai wrote:

@TheLZdragon Tri-slosher is the best weapon of all time. Can't believe I have to wait until level 15 to use it.

Well now it has Burst Bombs and Armor on it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

meleebrawler

Nicolai wrote:

@shani I managed to finally get splatted by one. I was being chased and didn't have time to look back, and ran right into it. It hardly counts, though, cuz I was already heavily damaged, but I would have gotten away otherwise.

But, I mean, some specials are ineffective splatters but do enough scattering, or adding pressure with multiple special cooperation, or just distracting a player to their doom. The Stingray rarely succeeds in any of those things.

Oooooh. Cherry-picking excuses.

Look. The guy operating that Sting Ray likely knew you were vulnerable by keeping tabs on his teammates, so he took the shot and splat. Splat is a splat, and all that. It's the main advantage Sting Ray has over Tenta Missiles: strike speed.

By using it in conjunction with a teammate push, splats become more likely (whether by your hand or pals) by virtue of both you and your teammate's weapons restricting the opponent's movements. When it comes to "solo" splats, I tend to get the best results nailing opponents trying to climb to a vantage point.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic