Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 5,014

Nicolai

meleebrawler wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

@shani I managed to finally get splatted by one. I was being chased and didn't have time to look back, and ran right into it. It hardly counts, though, cuz I was already heavily damaged, but I would have gotten away otherwise.

But, I mean, some specials are ineffective splatters but do enough scattering, or adding pressure with multiple special cooperation, or just distracting a player to their doom. The Stingray rarely succeeds in any of those things.

Oooooh. Cherry-picking excuses.

Look. The guy operating that Sting Ray likely knew you were vulnerable by keeping tabs on his teammates, so he took the shot and splat. Splat is a splat, and all that. It's the main advantage Sting Ray has over Tenta Missiles: strike speed.

By using it in conjunction with a teammate push, splats become more likely (whether by your hand or pals) by virtue of both you and your teammate's weapons restricting the opponent's movements. When it comes to "solo" splats, I tend to get the best results nailing opponents trying to climb to a vantage point.

I don't deny that he got me (probably). I mean, I get that it's not useless, but if you have to wait until your team is already pushing, wouldn't it be better to have special that can turn the tide of a group encounter, like a bomb rush, or missiles, or any other special? The opportunities to use the Stingray seem scarce by comparison.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

@TheLZdragon, is it me, or did burst bombs get nerfed? They seem less powerful, at least when using them to speed up a splat. I guess they're still useful for that extra distance, though.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Maxz

Reached A- in Splat Zones, which I think of as a vaguely 'grown up' rank. It's got an A in it anyway. I spent the last of my Wii U days flitting between A+ and S, so this feels in the ballpark of where I 'belong'.

There were some pretty tough matches throughout the B ranks though - it wasn't as plain sailing as I thought. I imagine a decent proportion of the players who were hot stuff at the old game snapped up the new one immediately, meaning there are probably still quite a few top tier players to be found in some of the lower ranks at the moment.

I like how they've split the Ranked modes up though. It gives you a reason to keep playing when the modes switch, rather than a reason to leave as your weakest mode may have just come into the rotation.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Nicolai

@EdJericho Yeah, I mean compared to Splatoon on the Wii U.

Got married.

meleebrawler

Here's something very nice I noticed in Ranked; if a player disconnected early on in a match, the game would basically waive the outcome of the match and leave your rank untouched. I saw this on the losing end, not sure if it's the same for the winning side.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Blue_Blur

@Nicolai I unlocked the Tri-Slosher today and noticed the same thing... I wasn't expecting burst bombs to be exactly like in the original, but they definitely do seem less powerful. At first I was real sad that the Slosher had suction bombs instead of burst bombs this time around, but not anymore.

@EdJericho XD I wouldn't say 95% of the time... I'd say it's even. You've splatted me many, many times as well!

Sorry to hear you're really busy this week; hopefully next week will be better so you have more time for Splatoon and Salmon Run.

I also agree about the single player. I recall them saying the same thing, but it doesn't seem like that's the case, unfortunately...

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Nicolai

@Blue_Blur, Well, they didn't want to make the almighty Tri-slosher OP, did they? I'm actually excited to try a burstbomb + bomb-throw-up combo, I've never done that.

Got married.

Blue_Blur

@Nicolai Yeah I guess not. Maybe I'm just so used to the burst bomb splat combo from the original that anything different seems off to me. XD

Hope you end up liking the combo, though!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

-Green-

The Splashdown's radius thing is misleading. When you perform a Splashdown the Area of Effect is indicated, but even if you stand outside of the visual cue you will still take damage if you are near the edge of it. A quite substantial amount too. It's a bit annoying considering you want to stay close to the enemy to try to take advantage of the cool down and to get a close shot. I think they should fix that.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Nicolai

Just ranked up in Rain Maker! Why do I even bother playing anything other than the Splattershot Jr.?

I noticed that when you lose in ranked mode, you still get plenty of XP. Remember when it was all or nothing?

Got married.

Yasaal

@Nicolai Lol even I don't use anything except the Splattershot Jr! I totally main that in Splatoon 2!

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Aozz101x

Splatoon 2 sold 671,000 retail copies sales in Japan!
http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-sells-nearly-over-67...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Nicolai

@Yasaal Yup, that tied with the Tri, there's probably no other more efficient inker. And they may not have the fastest fire rate, but they fans so widely that its so much harder to dodge once you're in their range.

Tri + Jr. OP

EDIT: Well, I guess a roller is pretty efficient too if you max run speed. I guess. You're also conpletely vulnerable while running, so...

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Its not me you need to convince. I said it was a fine game but compared to the original not as good right now.

Which in my book of reviewing a game is perfectly fine as someone buying Splation 2 isnt buying the first game, so the comparison doesnt really amount to anything to the product and its value to the average gamer.

In my opinion, Splatoon 2 is great not yet awesome. It doesnt feel like a fresh hit. Sales wise it is. But it lacks a lot of that refreshing energy. Its still there but it feels...less spectacular. Does that make sense?

Now if you want to tell someone look how it sold ecause they are an idiot, summoning @Mahe

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@BLP_Software Yeah it makes sense.

The link was just a follow-up on the Splatoon 2 sales discussion. At least it's doing way better in Japan than in the UK, although I still think second place is pretty decent.

Japan loves their squids for sure.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Whats weird is I saw loads of Splatoon TV and online ads but none for Crash.

If anything I think that shows how powerful the Sony brand is here. They can just throw something out and it sells.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

@-Green- Well, it marks the lethal radius just fine, doesn't it? It wouldn't be a very effective special at what it does if it was too easy to move in on the user afterwards. Plus, you can nail opponents as they're rising up (but the splash itself will deflect shots).

@Nicolai You still get nothing if you suffer a knockout. The original shifted to the formula 2 uses at some point, too.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Late

I'm able to play ranked matches now and I've played each mode for 10-20 matches. I'm using Tentatek Splattershot which I used a lot in one as well. I was not sure how I'd like it since they changed its sub from suction bomb to splat bomb but so far it seems to work just as good as ever. I tend to play support and make sure to kill everyone who tries to take our tower or rainmaker while making a path when there's no one around but I can be very offensive when needed too.

In Splat Zones I make sure we have the zone and then I leave my teammates defend the area while I head towards the enemy territory. I make sure the enemy team has harder time to approach the area by inking their paths and splatting them. It's funny when our timer is counting down and 3 players from the enemy team are too distracted by me to notice that they're going to lose if they keep trying to kill me.

It was a surprise when I ranked up in Rainmaker and jumped from C- straight to B-. I'm having some problems with my internet connection even though other devices have had no troubles lately. I've seen the "pretty suspicious message" a couple of times now. One of them wasn't even due to my internet. My game froze. At least I was able to access the home menu and close it that way. Took a while though ans it gave me "an error has occurred" message.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

-Green-

@meleebrawler It marks the lethal area fine, the issue for me is that it feels a bit misleading to indicate an area of effect only for the attack to inflict 70 splash damage outside of the shown area. It doesn't seem like too many of the Specials in this game have much cool down.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic