Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 5,014

Haruki_NLI

@meleebrawler Splashdown probably. He was a good distance away. Within eye sight. But he got 5 or so hits in on the Rainmaker and that didnt even matter when its shield was up.

I cantbsee the use for this thing. Even on a stationary target your actual weapon is better. On an enemy its better. For mobility as a special it sucks because it lasts a good while locking you from your weapon so defending yourself is pointless unless you are really far away.

And for the enemyblocation feature there is gear that does that for you and even the Tenta Missiles do that better because they are faster and have at least a chance to kill.

Its not whether i wanted to be saved it was the fact the weapon was used as you would expect it to be, which is right, and the thing did nothing.

@Grumblevolcano entirely possible. Ill have to see

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

You have to consider the level of people you're playing with, as it determines how much they have unlocked. Plus, the game encourages you to stick with a particular weapon in turf for freshness bonuses.

@BLP_Software Well, in that situation, it doesn't sound like the Splashdown would have helped either. He likely had nothing to jump to, and there's no way he could have gotten close enough normally without being shot a million times.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

-Green-

So, quick question. Is the only alternative to killing a FlyFish using a Stingray? Any tips for killing them. They're easily the hardest for me to kill of the bunch.

Also, do you have to shoot the Torpedo from the Drizzler in a specific direction in order to shoot it directly back at him?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

@meleebrawler Heres the thing you are missing. I wasnt expecting a win button. None of the specials are now.

But he used his special. He aimed it directly at the Rainmaker. The shield barely moved. Then the opposition picks it up and walks THROUGH the Stingray to victory up the path and the ramp and into the goal.

They dont even walk around it. Thats how little it means. The other soecials would at least deter like if you saw Tenta Missiles coming or a Baller would distract you.

But no. They just carried on with their day because it does so little in a situation where ironically it was probably the best special to use. If it actually acted as a deterrent or did any semblance of damage.

It could do more damage to require them to avoid it rather than just casually pass through it. Its already hard enough and slow enough to reaim so why not use it as a kind of barrier. The guy wielding it did have the right idea, block them off, but he cant readjust in time to block them further up and its a glorified paper wall!

Thats the issue. Not that the specials arent win buttons, but that this special is so damn ineffective at everything it does.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Maxz

I'd also agree the Stringray needs a power and/or turnability boost. It's pretty lethal in Salmon Run, as you're constantly being penned into corners by hordes of Salmonids and their ink trails, but in the main game you don't have anywhere near the same restrictions on manoeuvrability, so it's rendered a bit pathetic. Easy to dodge, and pretty feeble even if it does hit. I'm not sure I've ever been killed by one used by another player.

I like that the Specials are less powerful, or at least leave you more vulnerable, but the Stringray is really just a bit pants in my experience of not being killed by it.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Darasin

[quote=Spoony_Tech]@Darasin Well for starters, there are these xp/p boosts that Crusty Sean has to offer.
Aside from that, the calculation is shown on your win/lose screen: turf inked + time bonus + win bonus + freshness bonus (if you reach 10.0 or 15.0 etc).

The p calculation for gear slots however works differently. If you make <1000p, it unlocks 800p. If you make <2000p, it unlocks 1400p. I assume >1400p gives you 1000p and 2000p and higher gives you 2000p. This definitely worked differently in the original.

shani wrote:

I may need to pick up a pro controller just for this game. While the joycons are functional I can see a bigger controller giving me less cramps. Everything on the joycons just feels a bit too small.

Shani,
What I meant is the p for inking a stage. As you drop ink your p goes up. At times I feel like something must slow or make that number decline? I play with the roller and have laid down the mother of ink and my p score was terrible. I'm curious if there are nuances to your inking p score.

Dar

Darasin

Maxz

@-Green- Chuck bombs into its open containers. I think this is the way they get you to do it in Training Mode. It's still a bit of a pain, as one player can only muster up one bomb at a time, but you can take them out pretty quickly by co-operating with your team. Also, the Bomb Rush special makes pretty short work of them.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@EdJericho We do need to play Salmon Run; we always make a great team! I've played it a few times, but never with any NL members. I wish it was always available, but at least it seems to come back into the stage rotation pretty frequently.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

shani

@R_Champ The Aerospray only seems OP in TW and lower ranks (I've been using it in the first months of Splatoon 1). But as soon as your rank rises, it's pretty useless because of its short range. Almost every other weapon can easily splat you from the distance.
@Darasin Ah you mean that. Haven't paid attention to it, although it didn't feel that different. Maybe I'll pay attention to that next time in TW.

Nintendoer wrote:

I've got to say, the single player mode is inkcredibly easy and short. I'm completing the levels in two minutes or less and it's getting kind of tedious. I hope there is some kind of reward

Well yes of course, that's because the SP is basicall an introduction for newcomers. It was the same in Splatoon 1. But you do get rewards (if care to collect them): gear and weapons.

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

I'm really liking the Jet Squelcher. It's like a charger for people who suck at using chargers, lol.

Oh how I envy you! The Squelcher and the Dual Squelcher were my favourite weapona in the original. Can't wait to use them again, but I haven't unlocked them yet.
And yes, I'm one of those who are terrible with chargers but like the range.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@shani It's funny, though... next to the Hydra Splatling, the weapon that got me far in Ranked during the original was the Sploosh-o-matic, a weapon with arguably even worse range. But unlike the Aerosprays, Sploosh had the power to back itself up, and almost never ran out of ink.

GoldenGamer88

Just played my first rounds of Salmon Run. It's quite fun and actually fun working together with people for once and not just seeing them super-jump into their blind doom. Gonna get enough points for that shirt and call it a day.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Late

I'm close to level 10 now and I'll finally be able to play ranked matches. I haven't had time to try out Salmon Run yet. I don't understand why I can't even play the tutorial when the mode is not available. Now that it's available again, I want to just play Turf War and level up, not a tutorial. I tried out the rhythm game for the first time just now and I can see it being a fun distraction but there's so much other stuff to do, I can't see myself playing it too often. I've also played 5 or so single player stages. So far they've been pretty standard. I hope it gets better later on.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

shani

@KirbyTheVampire Well since the specials have changed (what does come with it this time around?), I'm not sure my experience from Splatoon 1 still applies. But I mainly used the Custom Jet Squelcher (Burst Bomb + Kraken) in SZ and RM (which is not surprising since they were my favourite modes ).

While its relatively low firerate may not be ideal for inking the Zone, it's usually great to hold enemies off (unless they have a Squelcher/Dual Squelcher/Splattershot Pro).
And in RM you could create an extremely long path for the person holding the RM to swim through. I also used it to cover a lot of ground behind us (for when we have to retreat or for the following enemy attack) while our team was pushing forward.

Of course, the Jet Squelcher is also great against chargers in general because it matches their range but offers a higher rate of fire and mobility. Although with the chargers now able to hold their shot this might change as well, who knows.

@meleebrawler Hehe I also used the Sploosh-o-matic, although mainly in SZ and only because of the Suction Bomb Rush.
IIRC I used the Aerospray and Sploosh-o-matic up to ~ B rank but then switched to the N-Zap, which still has a very high rate of fire but way better range. Ultimately though I had to switch to the Squelchers, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ever reached S.

The Jet Squelcher also taught me to keep my distance, because before I would always run/swim up close to my enemies like a squidiot.
I still kept seeing the odd player running around with a Sploosh-o-matic or Aerospray, but the higher my rank went, the fewer players used those weapons.
They're useful against players that are not so aware of their surroundings because then you can sneak up on them or use your mobility to splat them from close-range. But as soon as you're enemies have more map awareness and/or know how to use a charger, you're pretty much doomed. ^^
Of course, with fewer camping spots for the chargers, this might also change now.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@shani My Sploosh play got me up to at least A+. I actually favored the vanilla version, with it's beakons and Killer Wail making it fantastic support, particularly in the larger, more vertical maps. I would often hide on walls to get the drop on opponents, and could still support the objective with quick-charging Killer Wails.

LzWinky

Damn it Nintendo. You put the good stuff on the Tri-slosher.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Skid

@Snaplocket What mode are you playing, ranked or TW, and what weapon are you using?

TW I generally try to control the center and catch anybody my teammates let slip past them because they over push enemy spawn. If you are having problems taking control of the center make sure you pay attention on who and how they are splatting you and come up with a strategy to get them pushed back.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Zyrac

@Snaplocket Be more aggressive perhaps? I don't know how you're playing but I focus more on killing enemies than inking lots of turf (the latter being what the points are for). At the start of a match, head straight for the centre and try to establish some control. Use the map to see where the other team are spreading ink and try to intercept them.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Nicolai

@TheLZdragon Tri-slosher is the best weapon of all time. Can't believe I have to wait until level 15 to use it.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Spoony_Tech

@Snaplocket What weapons are you using? Sometimes you can only do so much to win and your teammates have to do something to help. I'm usually good if I have one good teammate on my team.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic