Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 301 to 320 of 742

Sculptor

NaviAndMii wrote:

@Sculptor I can't believe that! People complained (no doubt because they were struggling to master it) so Psyonix just levelled it and turned it in to another characterless dome instead?? Wow! I much prefer the original layout - those elevated side sections were what made the arena different/interesting!

Yeah I had a love/hate relationship with the map myself but now that the edges are gone I do miss them.

Sculptor

NaviAndMii

@Sculptor They were a bit on the 'extreme' side, I guess - but it's not like they featured different physics or anything - it just played a bit differently...

I can understand why they'd perhaps feel the need to only use flat stages in eSports tournaments/competitive matches - but to change the stage layouts in the 'casual' playlists just seems to have taken things a bit too far for me...if you're only playing casually, the bounce of the ball shouldn't matter too much - if anything, it just helped to further show off the excellent physics engine, injected an extra layer of fun and encouraged players to subtly adapt their play style to each different environment.

Such a shame...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Undead_terror

If anyone wants to play sometime I can play.

Yesterday was good, I purchased one of those pull back racers, it was a rare and I was able to get the special DLC boost and wheels, then played 1 v 1 in competitive, first match made a guy rage quit after 2 - 0 ing him, then the next match i got 14 - 3, but played a normal match after thag and our team got rekt.

But ya, just add mii on the switch if anyone wants a go I guess.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Undead_terror I'm always up for some RL. Next time I see you on I'll send you a parry invite.

I've fallen into a terrible habit of buying loot crates. I've bought 6 or 7 bundles of 5 keys now and rarely come away happy. Often landing myself decals for cars I don't own or doubles of stuff I already do own. If I came out with a nice new car, set of wheels and a fancy rocket boost or celebration I'd be happy but I'm usually lucky to get one of those. I've done alright in trades though. I've got tons of stuff too and I've got some cracking looking cars and gear so I don't need to buy them but I know I will again. I do think it's unfair that it's possible to get duplicates of stuff.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Undead_terror

Alright, cant say when, but I might play again later.

Also I got my luck mostly from others crates, I was given 2 crates, and got a black market decal trigon and equalizer wheels painted, also its worthy to note that in the spring, you will be able to earn decryptors. By that time the Easter event should have started maybe.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

gcunit

It's annoying that you can't play RL without updating.

Booted it last night, just wanting a couple of matches before bed, but I get an update required message, the update being over 1gb and too big for my current storage capacity. So I just can't play it until i do some file management...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

OorWullie

2 new Batman cars and lots of customisation options coming in the DC Superhero pack on the 5th of March.

Untitled

Aquaman — Decal (Breakout), and Player Banner
Batman — Decal (Paladin), and Player Banner
Cyborg — Decal (Roadhog), and Player Banner
Flash — Speed Force Boost, Wheels, Decal (Venom), and Player Banner
Green Arrow — Decal (Hotshot), and Player Banner
Green Lantern — Decal (Merc), and Player Banner
Superman — Decal (Octane), and Player Banner
Wonder Woman — Wheels, Decal (X-Devil), and Player Banner
DC Comics — Player Banner

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Not a fan of the Batman car we have now. I think it looks ugly but those new ones look a little better. Need to see them in game first.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dizzy_Boy

Sorry for double posting, I just wanted some RL players to help with trading.
I'm looking for the Centio V17 skin plus any from the Nitro crate or Turbo crate. I have these skins on to choose from, Merc Athena, Dominus Funny Block, Octane Ripped Commic, Endo Mummified, Breakout Type-S Smored, Maruader XVIII, and an Impirator DT5 Mosher, Endo
I have Gearlock and Nipper wheels to trade. Just looking for any good offers on these.
My freind code is SW-0262-8074-7921.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Baksy

For me this is very good news, Rocket League is my favorite game.
It's a pity all items bought on a different platform, but I definitely prefer Switch
For now I am a beginner and I can not hit the ball in the air, I call it flying, but I can not fly. Sometimes I get crates and items, you know what depends on how often I get them? I really want to get Triump Crates. When I played less (at the very beginning), I gained Rocket League Items and Crates every now and then. Does it depend on the season? When the new season comes up, will I often get Triumph Crates again? Will I have to buy triumph crates on Odealo? https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league

Edited on by Baksy

Baksy

NaviAndMii

Anyone else seem to get semi-regular crashes when they play this game on Switch? I've probably got about 15 hours play time under my belt so far, but have experienced 3 or 4 crashes - nothing major/game breaking, I know, but not entirely ideal either...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

gcunit

@NaviAndMii Don't think it's ever crashed on me, but I've only the same play time as you.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie Yeah, that's the one - and it happens in DOOM as well? ..tut tut, Panic Button! Like I say, it's nothing too bad really (although I did once encounter that problem about 2 seconds before I was about to earn an MVP bonus, which was kind of annoying!) ..at least it's not just me I guess! Thanks for getting back to me (..and @gcunit!)

Dizzy_Boy

It always crashes in the menus for me. It's rather annoying.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

OorWullie

It's usually when I'm customising my car it crashes. I've never had it happen during a match thankfully. I have had disconnects though but that's likely down to my spotty wifi.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendoforlife

Intersting I've put more than 60 hours into the game and I can't recall any crashes. I feel like it may have happened once in the past, but other than that it's been smooth sailing. Maybe the fact I usually power on the Switch, instead of bringing it out of sleep is changing my results.

Nintendoforlife

ACK

I have two Switches with multiple accounts and all have encountered this crash, it's bad. I can speculate that matured accounts with larger inventories and saved replays are more greatly impacted. I have no idea why, but the accounts that frequently encounter this seem to be somewhat rectified by deleting a number of replays and presets.

Still, I cannot eradicate this problem on any of the accounts. Sometimes it happens rarely, other times it's happened like every 10 minutes before deleting replays/presets, like I said.

I will also say this all began with the Victory crate update and initially I would encounter it almost everytime I previewed that crate. Now it mostly happens in lobbies during or between matches.

Really frustrating, especially for this to go on for almost a month with no comment whatsoever from Psyonix...

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

Dizzy_Boy

I just booted up rocket league and theres a news feed thats been added in. You should see it on the right hand side of the menu screen. If you press y, it opens it up. And you can click on a link and get sent to their web site.
Just to add, this vid is pretty cool, enjoy.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic