Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 321 to 340 of 742

Dizzy_Boy

Sorry for the double post.
Just to bring attention to any RL players, the DC update is here.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

TCUltra1

Online games aren’t working for me since this update. It just stays searching and finds no games. @Dizzy_Boy Are you having any issues?

TCUltra1

OorWullie

@Dizzy_Boy Yep, I'm going to buy it in the next hour. Hopefully it fixes the change preset bug between matches. It hasn't worked across all platforms since last update. They said it will be fixed, just not sure if it's included with this update. I was surprised how long it took to download, normally it would take seconds for new cars. Seems like there is more to it.

As for the news feed, there was one there in the past but it was never updated for ages. They eventually removed it but good to see it back with some current news updates.

Edit, here's the patch notes. They did indeed fix the change preset issue.

CHANGES AND UPDATES
Map Rotation

Replaced ‘Snowy’ map variants with ‘Stormy’ versions
Mannfield (Stormy), Beckwith Park (Stormy), DFH (Stormy)
Spectator Mode

Spectators can now chat during matches
Competitive Season 6 Rewards

The appearance of the 'Season 6 - Diamond' Reward Wheels has been updated

BUG FIXES
General

Fixed a bug preventing players from being able to change Presets in the Endgame screen between matches

Division/Rank Up/Down animations now successfully display on the Endgame screen

Adjusted Xbox 360 controller vibration

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nintendoforlife

@OorWullie @TCUltra1

Nintendoforlife

Dizzy_Boy

@TCUltra1 and @OoorWullie I'm still getting crashes if I spend too long in the menus. It seems to be worse if I'm in a group too.
Also, i'm suprised that the 2 new Batman cars weren't given the Batman goal explosian. Tbh though, I'm not a fan of that explosian, but it would be nice for the people who do.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

TCUltra1

@Dizzy_Boy I’m going to hop back on now to give it a go. I will report back to let you know if things have improved.

TCUltra1

OorWullie

Seems to be back to normal now.

I just played a 2v2 and got paired with a guy on my friend list who I sometimes trade with. We weren't in a party though. Crazy coincidence.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

TCUltra1

I played a few games there but it’s taking a long time to find a game.

TCUltra1

OorWullie

Spring Fever event coming to Rocket League on Monday. Similar to the Xmas event, there will be a new crate with 10 new items inside. Crates will be dropped randomly after online matches and can be opened with flowers earned by playing. Or they can be opened with keys.

The Xmas event was alright, I managed to get all 5 decryptors before it ended and used them on other crates and got some nice stuff from it. Hopefully this new event wont have a set amount of decryptors to save for. They've already said in future keys will be earned from just playing online matches so hopefully they will be a little more generous in this coming event.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dizzy_Boy

I've figured out why my game crashes so much in the menus. Basically, I had about 20 presets set up, and my Switch was struggling to keep up with everything going on. So I deleted most of my presets, I have 5 presets now and it rarely crashes. The only other time it struggles is when I'm tradding.
Basically, the Switch's memory sucks as if we didn't know this already.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Undead_terror

The spring event got a couple good items, just like the xmas event, I will get all the coin items, and try to get all the decyrptors.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

mid_55

@Undead_terror Ok so I'm a novice here, but I don't quite see the attraction of these crates, can someone explain it to me please!
It seems to me like you pay (or get 50 flowers) to unlock a crate full of goods and then you get one measly thing out of it!

Also, when did people learn to be THOSE PEOPLE who disconnect at 2 goals down... WHY? It's supposed to be fun! Unless I'm mistaken there's no punishment for losing! I seem to end all my games playing with or against CPU players as so many people quit.

mid_55

Switch Friend Code: SW-0316-0049-0332 | My Nintendo: mid_55

Lroy

@mid_55 This sums up my own initial impressions with the game once I started playing online. Seems really baffling to have a short bout sports match style game and then encourage folks to quit out if they don't get their noses in front. Also find the whole 'crates' and 'decryptors' aspect largely a mystery and a unappealing one at that. I'll get a better sense of how this and the wider game works as I continue to play. Thankfully, the core game is hugely enjoyable. Wish it was a battle mode in the MARIO KART series, lol!

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Jbs-Dad

@mid_55 the punishment for losing is your rank and division status will drop. You are right about the quitters but I don't find it to be that bad, maybe 20 percent of matches have quitters. One match the over day our team went 3 nil down in 1st minute, I got relentless abuse from one of the players because I wouldn't forfeit. I had the last laugh we won 4v3 I scored a hatrick and won mvp. Amazing what can be done with perseverance and a positive attitude.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Lroy

@Jbs-Dad That's a great positive example to hear. Fair play buddy 👏

Care to explain what purpose the rank and divisions have? How are these things displayed and what do they affect in your game experience?

Jbs-Dad

@Lroy I've only made it as far as gold rank 2, I'm currently silver rank 2. Lowest rank is bronze tier 1, there's 3 tiers in each rank and 4 divisions in each tier. Example I'm silver rank 2 division one, if I lose a couple of matches I'll get demoted to silver rank 1div 4. If I win a few ill get promoted to silver r2 div 2. Hope this makes sense. It's so complicated to explain as there's more to it, because I've won at least 10 matches at silver rank when the league finishes I will be classed a silver rank even if I finish in the bronze ranks by season end. It's like football but with far more divisions. My head hurts someone might explain it better .

Edited on by Jbs-Dad

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Lroy

@Jbs-Dad Yep, I'm none the wiser, lol! I guess I mean. What elements of the game does your rank and division impact? What makes it something players should keep in consideration? Does it dictate what level of opponent you get matched with? Do you have some kind of different icon or logo next to your name depending on what division your in? Are there benefits for being a certain rank or in a certain division? Just trying to feel my way into the wider game really.

Edited on by Lroy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic