Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 2,747

Toy_Link

I assume you’ll be able to transfer the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pokémons caught in Pokémon Go into Let’s Go?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Harmonie

@MarcelRguez Well, for me the Switch has so far been... Super Mario Odyssey and that's it. Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic and I'm glad they brought back more open world style levels. However, 3D Mario platformers have never been my favorites, to be honest. So having that be the only exciting new, non-port game is just not impressing me at all.

I have a feeling that Super Smash Bros 5 will be standard fare and thus won't inspire me. So I was hoping that Pokemon would at least be decent. This isn't even decent.

Here's to hoping that SSB5 is a surprise, and that there are other exciting franchises like Animal Crossing, but... I'm doubting it. Looks like the Nintendo that produced BoTW and Odyssey has run out of steam.

@Mrtoad They said you can't. Only "Kanto" Pokemon from Pokemon GO can be transferred over. Soooo flipping lame. I can't even.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Late

@Octane No. But their parents will. I have a friend who has a GameCube with just Pokémon Colosseum and no other games. I'm pretty sure he only had Pokémon games for his GBA as well. Of course, it doesn't happen that easily all the time but there are some people who will buy a console for one game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

link3710

@Harmonie Well, to be fair, the "Core Experience" Pokemon game is coming next year, while this year's is aimed at casuals. Which means we might actually get a genuinely not watered down Pokemon RPG for Gen VIII. That's good news in my book at least. I'm curious though, have you tried Mario and Rabbids? It's probably my favorite exclusive after Super Mario Odyssey, incredibly well done.

link3710

Octane

@MarcelRguez Well, it's Pokemon, it will sell regardless. They don't have to worry about that.

Octane

KaiserGX

StuTwo wrote:

and rejigging the catching mechanics for the ones from Pokemon Go (which were the satisfying part of that game and - let’s face it - catching was never a huge part of the original games anyway) it looks like a fairly bog standard Pokémon game.

I fired up Pokemon Go right now (I wasn't playing it before because I had issues logging in but I fixed it) and I had fun catching that Alolan Eggxecutor I found. I never really thought Pokemon were that hard/fun to catch in the main games. I might actually try to catch them all this time seeing there's only 150.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

MarcelRguez

link3710 wrote:

Well, to be fair, the "Core Experience" Pokemon game is coming next year, while this year's is aimed at casuals.

I have an issue with this line of thinking, not in small part because it low-key justifies the changes GF makes to these games.

Pokémon is not Divinity —hell, it's not MegaTen, even—, the games have been casual-friendly since day 1. There's a difference between making the games accessible for everyone and dumbing them down feature-wise. Removing HMs can be seen as a way to modernize the overworld (there's room for debate there though), speeding up the presentation always makes the games more user-friendly, and not throwing modular features onto the player in the early game would help not scaring new players away. De-linking systems that are already in place in the game just for the sake of offering less options (no wild Pokémon battles) is a genuine dumb-down, you have to give your audience some credit at some point.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Octane

@Tsurii Yeah, I think that the stuff from ORAS is a perfect middle ground. Pokemon exist as individual entities on a route, they can walk around, but they can also hide (if that makes any sense). And yeah, Animal Crossing is a good example of how fishing could work. I can already imagine what a Sharpedo encounter would look like.

Untitled

I have no idea how SMT plays though, so I cannot comment on that.

Octane

EvilLucario

You know, this game's "spin-off/main game" shtick reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog for Sonic, where that can be looked upon as a spin-off but has multiple elements of main 3D Sonic games back during that era.

Just a funny thought.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haru17

@link3710 But they were still in the game data for transfers, meaning they needed move sets, stats, models, and animations from day 1. It doesn't matter if Pokemon are readily available or not, having them there at all still takes up dev resources.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KaiserGX

The Pokemon can pop-out of grass and the ground Who knows if they can pop back in after a certain amount of time or something. One of the leakers said Pokemon can pop out of these areas as well as trees and water so I'm guessing he was telling the truth.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

link3710

@Haru17 I'll give you that, partially. It's quite normal for Pokemon not available in game to not have any moveset changes, stats don't change between games, models and animations were the same for all games post-XY. Even Dex entries for old Pokemon always come from old games. Most of importing old Pokemon should be little more work than copying and pasting in old data assuming a competent development process, not a significant cost on dev time. The big exception to that of course was X/Y, which did in fact have a ton of work to do to bring in all those old Pokemon.

link3710

Octane

The thing that confuses me still is when they said last year that the next core Pokemon RPG would come out in ''2018 or later'', they knew very well that the Let's Go games were on its way for a 2018 release. Why even bother with the 2018 at that point? Just say they're in development, they were never coming out in 2018.

Octane

Haru17

@link3710 The idea is that they're going to have to keep making models for all of the back catalogue of Pokemon, all their stupid little gimmicks like seasons and mega evolution. Like, I don't know, when they finally decide to make some sort of new gen console Pokemon game. That's a clear development burden. I'd rather they just have like 100 new Pokemon + Pikachu and flesh them out with side quests, interactions with the environment and their predator/prey Pokemon, more specific animations, unique moves, gameplay gimmicks, etc.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

The messaging around this entire thing has been a mess. First there is the thing @Octane detailed, then there is the confusion that the official accounts cant seem to decide if they are or aren't core games, and it probably doesn't help it was revealed in the middle of the night and the only way we heard any of this was live tweets from second hand people at the event leading to a Chinese whispers scenario.

Because you know, cant just release information anymore, had to get this stuff second hand.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Octane It could be that there'll be 2 main Pokemon franchises like Metroid has 2D Metroid and Metroid Prime (not a fantastic example given Metroid's hiatus but it's the best I could think of) and the 2 franchises alternate. So like:
2018 - Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Next Let's GO games
2021 - Sinnoh remakes
2022 - 3rd batch of Let's GO games
2023 - Gen 9
... etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pokefanmum82

Apparently there are no wild Pokémon battles in this game. You just catch the Pokémon although the only thing that has me excited for this game is two people can play together. Essentially this is just a version of GO for the Switch. Plus Eevee and Pikachu can ride on your shoulder and head.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Octane

@Haru17 (and @Tsurii) They redid them all for gen 6 actually! And it's Creatures who did that, not GameFreak, so it's not much of a burden. They have a company that specifically handles the 3D models (of Pokemon at least).

@Tsurii I see! Yeah, something like that. I wouldn't mind a bit more interactivity. Seeing certain Pokemon actually walking around, but keep them hidden in the grass. You can have rock Pokemon concealed as actual rocks. I think Pokemon Ranger did that too. They should take some notes from that game lol. Having them walk around willy-nilly without any interaction like we saw in the trailer looks a bit silly too. So I don't mind the idea of having to ability to hunt for specific Pokemon if you will, just make it look a bit more realistic (and again, preferably with an element of surprise).

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane They did take notes from Pokemon Ranger. Its the entire basis for PokeRide

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic