Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,057

Dezzy

BLP_Software wrote:

Mario has been called a "Shapeshifting Racist" for this game.

Alright.

I'm going to go lie down now.

Definitely the best version of racism.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

The people assuming the local coins are meant to look like tortilla chips definitely don't know that the main attraction of the level is an upside down pyramid.

I mean, one thing is saying "it kinda looks like a dorito", and another very different one is "they made it look like a dorito because Mexico".

Anyway, it would take way more than that to make a regular Mexican person mad. Like, really, we find most of these things endearing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Meowpheel

I assumed it was a tortilla. Is that somehow a bad thing?

Eel

It means, uh, that you... uh... Are hungry.

And that you think tortillas are triangular.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

@Dezzy It's clearly a triangle. You're objectfood-ifying triangles.

Octane

Dezzy

@Meowpheel

Oh right, google tells me that's something different.

I don't know! I grew up in Scotland. There are roughly 3 Mexicans in Scotland.

Octane

@Meowpheel I'm wondering, are those triangular tortilla chips even seen as something Mexican in Mexico? Or is it just a weird take on Mexican food?

Octane

Eel

@dezzy: Don't worry.

Your homework will be to find a store that sells tortillas and make quesadillas for dinner.

@octane: yeah it's a Mexican thing. They're just toritllas cut into pieces and deep fried. Pretty much every restaurant offers them with salsa or other dips, as appetizers. For free.

I guess it's a nice way to get rid of old toritllas.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

MasterWario wrote:

Untitled

I just noticed Cap Kingdom resembles a little top hat, and Cascade kingdom is shaped like a triceratops skull.

Octane

MasterWario

@Octane oh, I didn't catch that, good call! And the unnamed island to the right of those two looks like a mushroom.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Octane

@MasterWario Good one. I think it's indeed what kingdom that will be.

All I need is an Isle Delfino and I'm satisfied.

Octane

Bass_X0

Untitled

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

rk3388

The map kind of worries me - I am really hoping they are creating more than 6-8 "Kingdoms". They have already showed 6 (possibly 7 as the underwater cheep cheep shot didn't look familiar). I don't think they would reveal over 75% of the worlds 4 months prior to the release however. Also hoping for over 120 "moons" as they look really easy to get in some cases

It is looking great though.

Edited on by rk3388

rk3388

MasterWario

@rk3388 Yeah I was a bit worried looking at the map too! I wouldn't expect Nintendo to reveal most of the game's worlds, but then I remember how Game Freak revealed like 95% of the new Pokemon in Sun & Moon, which surprisingly crippled the game for me.

However I can certainly say there will be more than 120 moons. There was a segment in the treehouse where someone mentioned there will be a lot more moons than stars in previous games, which, considering how Super Mario Galaxy 2 had 242 stars, we should get at least that amount of moons in Odyssey. All we would need is the amount of moons in an average stage and we could debunk this 6-8 world idea that's going around.

(I'm-a see if I can find the quote, wish there was a script or something.)

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

MasterWario

Ok looks like I was off (which is why you check your sources), but I'm still confident this tells us they'll be more than 120 moons.

"I'm sure I can't say...the number of moons you need to complete the game and the number of moons there are all together but it's a very large difference, I'll leave it at that."

And from the Odyssey trailer it looks like you need 9 moons to progress to the next stage, so if we assume there's only 8 stages and a final stage, that's 72 moons, which 120 - 72 is 48 which is not what I would consider "a very large difference". Unfortunately there's no way to tell for sure right now, but I'm pretty confident there'll be at least 200, even 300 moons.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

TuVictus

Oh man, if they do hidden moons after you collect all the regular ones a la Galaxy games, it's going to be an extreme game of hide and seek in those huge levels.

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Operative2-0 wrote:

Oh man, if they do hidden moons after you collect all the regular ones a la Galaxy games, it's going to be an extreme game of hide and seek in those huge levels.

OMG I hope not. That seems dangerously close to those really annoying collectibles in certain open world games that are almost impossible to find all of without a guide.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic