Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,057

OorWullie

Spoony_Tech wrote:

When dinosaurs attack!!

A 4v4 T-Rex deathmatch mode.How good would that be!

Edit: Probably not that good actually the more I think about it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

19Robb92

I can pretty much guarantee this will be my GOTY. Looks sooooo good!

I was very surprised to see that it's running in Unreal Engine though (?), you'd think Nintendo would have created their own engine or used the SM3DW engine. Cool nonetheless, the game looks gorgeous.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

StuTwo

19Robb92 wrote:

I can pretty much guarantee this will be my GOTY. Looks sooooo good!

I was very surprised to see that it's running in Unreal Engine though, you'd think Nintendo would have created their own engine or used the SM3DW engine. Cool nonetheless, the game looks gorgeous.

[troll]It'll make it easier to port to other consoles when Nintendo goes 3rd party...[/troll]

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

erv

The unreal engine at the bottom is a biggie for sure.

I saw it in the reveal and it immediately stands out for me; it means nintendo can in the end relate to every bit of pain and trouble a third party goes through on their hardware and support them with it. I expect good things to come of that.

Meanwhile, this game looks incredible and if there's even an online or multiplayer aspect to it it's going to be even better

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

MasterWario

Ok I couldn't see that map for my life so I upload a version with more contrast. According to the map there's only six worlds, which has to be way too low, so I'm sure there are more that aren't on here.
Untitled

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Octane

@MasterWario That ice world above the Metro Kingdom doesn't have a name. There are more locations like that, so I'm sure there will be more. The six you see on the map are the ones we already know about.

Octane

James47

How much money is Amazon 2 day shipping without amazon prime/

James47

James47

I need to order the Nintendo switch case and need it by Friday

James47

TuVictus

I'm guessing the unlisted worlds are either secret/final worlds or will be released as DLC. I also think we'll be going to the moon at some point. Probably the end.

TuVictus

MasterWario

@Operative2-0 I agree about the moon, considering the panoramic shots we've seen of it, but the rest I wouldn't count on. It looks like you fight the bunnies once in each stage, and they've said that you fight each one multiple times. So there's most likely at least 10 worlds, I'd guess 16. At least, if you are right, I don't think I'll be buying a switch.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Spoony_Tech

Dlc in a mainline Mario game is blasphemy. Never speak those words again says The Legend of Zelda.......something sounds off here.....

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

I hope there's no DLC but it most certainly would not surprise me if it does end up getting some at some point

TuVictus

chriiiiiiiiiis

The reasoning behind DLC for Legend of Zelda was they had more of a story to tell but for Mario it's never been about the story. If they add DLC, it will be more to explore and more to collect. Not the worst idea but I don't think the reasoning is as sound as Zelda's so it might not happen.

chriiiiiiiiiis

StuTwo

I'm still very optimistic and excited for this game - it looks incredibly good - but...

The information that every world has its own currency brings back some of the DK64 aftertaste on top of the dozens of 'transformations' (which is a mechanic that has weighed down many otherwise good platformers in the past).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Octane

IF they do DLC, it better be some Captain Toad stuff, i.e. unrelated to the main game.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Mario has been called a "Shapeshifting Racist" for this game.

Alright.

I'm going to go lie down now.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

@BLP_Software I've noticed some complaints on Twitter about the coins being shaped like tortillas,as if it's disrespectful towards Mexicans.I could only shake my head.You know If there was a Scottish themed world with wild haggis running about and all the characters had ginger hair,kilts,played bagpipes and shouted out things like "See you Jimmy" and "Och aye the noo",I'd think it was brilliant and hilarious. I'm sure the majority of Mexicans playing this world will feel the same way. How else can you theme a level around a country without adding some sterotypical references.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic