Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,057

TuVictus

The game looks amazing. Though it's a shame if they go the Zelda route and opt for ambient noise instead of actively playing BGM. But other than that the game is beautiful and seems very big.

It actually seems like Banjo Kazooie the way each level has 100 unique collectibles and you don't get kicked out after every Moon collection

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Operative2-0 wrote:

The game looks amazing. Though it's a shame if they go the Zelda route and opt for ambient noise instead of actively playing BGM. But other than that the game is beautiful and seems very big.

I do realize other game companies do this sometimes (lol Ubisoft), so it's an actual valid concern, but do you honestly think every single thing from BoTW will now be in every major Nintendo title for no apparent reason? Like, are there gonna be 900 hidden collectibles in the new Yoshi...oh...ok maybe you have a point :V

But seriously, that would be the strangest choice ever.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BraveSonic

@shaneoh This is the first official Mario game with actual lyrics in the theme song. Mario music has always been amazing though, so I expected no less from Odyssey.

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

shaneoh

@BraveSonic
I get the feeling Nintendo are making sure they try something different each time. SMG went for a full orchestra, SM3DW went the jazz route, might be we'll see a few songs with lyrics in SMO.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Tyranexx

I was sold as soon as I could see that Cappy could control enemies. Where does the preorder line start?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dark-Luigi

There's really no reason why he SHOULDN'T show up! I could see him stealing her in the middle of a concert, climbing up the buildings. Even better if it was a construction site. And how about we throw other big Mario enemies like King Boo, eh?

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Ralizah

This looks so epic and creative! Nintendo is really spoiling us releasing this and BotW in the same year.

This is definitely my most anticipated game of the year at this point.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ValhallaOutcast

@Tyranexx youve actually been able to preorder on best buy online for a while

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

shaneoh

Looking at the amiibo has got me wondering; will we see Mario and Peach get hitched at the end of the game? Have to say that I wouldn't be disappointed if it were to happen. Quite the opposite actually.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Tyranexx

@ValhallaOutcast: I'm well aware. That post was intended for comical effect.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

StuTwo

Anyone else ever play Space Station Silicon Valley on the N64?

I think this will (obviously) be great. There's clearly a lot of imagination that's gone into it.

My only reservation is that when there are so many power ups (& every enemy is basically a power up) that this can make a game into a confusing mess. See some levels of Spacestation Silicon Valley, Banjo Tooie, Yoshis Island DS or Kirby's Dreamland 3.

Fortunately EAD hasn't let us down in a long long time so I have 100% confidence they'll get it right here.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

OorWullie

That trailer was really something special.Just watched it again and I'm still not really sure what to write about it yet.It was beyond anything I had imagined it would be.Even after 2 coffees,my morning brain can't quite comprehend the epicness of it.I'm off to watch it again

Have they shown the boss for New Donk City yet?I didn't watch much of the Treehouse.There was what looked like a mini boss in original trailer.I was thinking a giant Kong scaling a skyscraper with Pauline or Peach would be perfect and seems kind of obvious.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

So.. only six worlds/''kingdoms''?

Octane

Octane

@Dev You're right, I did notice that ice world after I posted my comment. Maybe the peninsula where the sail of the ship is located will be another kingdom? It seems this only confirms the worlds we've seen so far: New Donk City, the forest, the desert, the polygonal food world, Jurassic park and Cap Kingdom(?).

Octane

OorWullie

When asked about multiplayer and online director Kenta Motokura said

“So there’s probably something you’ll hear about multiplayer. But the timing is not quite there so I hope you’re able to wait just a little bit longer to hear about that. And then as for network features, since this is something the hardware is capable of, there might be something you’ll hear about there as well, and I hope you’ll look forward to it.”

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Octane

OorWullie wrote:

“So there’s probably something you’ll hear about multiplayer. But the timing is not quite there so I hope you’re able to wait just a little bit longer to hear about that. And then as for network features, since this is something the hardware is capable of, there might be something you’ll hear about there as well, and I hope you’ll look forward to it.”

4v4 deathmatch confirmed!

Octane

OorWullie

Octane wrote:

With all the possibilities with the hat,that might actually work haha.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Spoony_Tech

Octane wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

When dinosaurs attack!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic