Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 201 to 220 of 726

NintendoByNature

@Matthew010 I think one of them will be September including AC.. If astral chain is Aug 30 and the summer is already packed for switch, Some thing will need to launch after astral chain. I can see AC September, luigis Mansion 3 October, then maybe flip flop between Pokemon and zelda

NintendoByNature

RR529

Remember you also have Daemon X Machina & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (both Nintendo published titles) with "Summer" windows, so one of those could be September (which is mostly still Summer).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

@RR529 thats a good point. At least well have a ton coming later this year. It's a good problem to have 😆

NintendoByNature

Octane

@Delibheel It's alright, but you're definitely not missing out.

Octane

Dezzy

@toiletduck

Nintendo share quite a lot of graphical effects between their games. Whether they have compiled all of that into an "engine" or not, I don't know. You can rarely tell from just looking at it, like Octane says. The thing you're noticing is that they use the same lighting model (called Physically Based Rendering). Which if you combine it with a similar color palette, gives a similar style.
As someone who does a lot of computer graphics work, I notice a lot in Nintendo games like this. Like for example, they've reused the same liquid effect they developed for the Splatoon ink in like 6 or 7 other games since then. (Including this game, if you look at the splash in the swamp). It's the exact same effect.
Whereas if you go back before Splatoon, they use the exact same water splash effect in Wind Waker, Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine, etc. Which was inferior to current one.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Man I get excited just thinking about this game! I've probably watched that minute and a half trailer 15 times now. I do wonder though how they will change the game from the square gameboy screen style to the widescreen of the switch. Regardless I will preorder the minute its up. Hope they give LttP the same treatment (or at least just release it on switch)

redd214

NintendoByNature

redd214 wrote:

Man I get excited just thinking about this game! I've probably watched that minute and a half trailer 15 times now. I do wonder though how they will change the game from the square gameboy screen style to the widescreen of the switch. Regardless I will preorder the minute its up. Hope they give LttP the same treatment (or at least just release it on switch)

Me too i cant stop watching it. I think pre-order is up on best buy

NintendoByNature

SKTTR

I need to get used to AC not meaning just Animal Crossing or Assassin's Creed.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

Tsurii wrote:

@SKTTR what else does it mean? Excluding Ace Combat, just remembered that one lol

Ya well of course Aperion Cyberstorm.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Tyranexx

Delibheel wrote:

Oh yeah, Jabu Jabu is easily the most confusing dungeon in that game.

Remind me why we can't upvote forum posts again? As much as I enjoyed the Oracle games, Jabu-Jabu was a pain in the rear.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

AC: Amazing Canines;
Untitled

Octane

redd214

Seems this will be at or near a full price release. Walmart has a preorder page up for $55.06. Sometimes the discount new releases by a few bucks so most likely this will be a full price game. No issues for me but commence the crying lol....

redd214

Eel

Well they gotta go with the highest possible price if they're gonna open preorders. It's not good to assume a game will be cheaper and risk angering customers by raising the price later.

Let's save the tears for when Nintendo announces the price.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

The only way it wouldn't have been full price is if the rumours were true and it was a 3DS game instead. But then the complaints would've been "Why is this on 3DS, Nintendo should've killed the system off 2 years ago"

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Delibheel I understand what youre saying but that's not the case here. The game will undoubtedly be full price. All the other games from the direct (DQ11, MM2, DxM etc) are also up for preorder in the $55-56 range. Are we to assume those wont be full price as well? Like i said Walmart and Amazon have random glitches sometimes and full priced preorder games are priced around $50-55. My Yoshi preorder has been locked in for months at close to $50 for same scenario. Guaranteed this is a $60 game.

As an aside, really don't think Walmart cares all that much about angering customers lol, they will be fine regardless

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Eel

Just saying... No need to base your reality on Walmart preorders. Why waste time thinking about that when eventually we will have a real number.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic