Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 181 to 200 of 726

Ralizah

@Delibheel Simple, but also obnoxious busywork. I hated trying to remember who wanted what.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LadyCharlie

@DarthNocturnal
it's also the first Zelda that allowed fishing!

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah I hate most trading sequences. Especially in the Oracle games too. But at least with links awakening the entire map is easily accessible so it's not hard to zip thru most of the trading sequence.

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

I like the Oracle games but tbh, some of it just felt like Link's Awakening again except with more things that make you feel like your time isn't being respected. As much as I want this to have new content, it will be nice for Switch to get a Zelda that you can 100% complete in less time than your entire life.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

@kkslider5552000 I'm with you. Links awakening is more fluid. I had to look up alot of stuff in Oracle games to get by. It was a lot more frustrating for sure. Of all zelda games, seasons and ages and lower on my list( bottom 2 and 3). But LA Is close to top 3 for me which is wierd as they're similar in ways

NintendoByNature

LadyCharlie

@Delibheel

first time I played it (I was 9), I was stuck in the Catfish's Maw for nearly a year.
"dive where torch lights do cross."
like, what.

ugh, and then I was stuck trying to get to the final boss. it wasn't until I discovered the book in the library on accident that I knew what to do.

Edited on by LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Eel

I did get stuck on my first playthrough a few times, and I was already an English-speaking adult!

(And with years of experience from playing the Oracle games to death, mind you)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

For me, the section that REALLY stumped me was Eagle's Tower. I just didn't grok that section of the game for the longest time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

gcunit

Are we sure we like Zelda games as much as we say we do?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit I'm pretty sure half the people in this thread aren't even Zelda fans.

Octane

toiletduck

The art style reminds me a lot of the new Yoshi game. Any chance they used the same engine? I don't know much about that stuff so don't crucify me if I'm saying something stupid.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Octane

@toiletduck Art style doesn't have anything to do with game engines. So I doubt it.

Octane

NintendoByNature

So what are we thinking for a release date? ? November or will they save that for Pokemon or AC

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

I think it'll be either November or December, depends whether Pokemon comes early like in 2013. That year Pokemon came in October while ALBW came in the usual Pokemon slot.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Matthew010

@nintendobynature I feel like Luigi's Mansion 3 will be October, Link's Awakening in November and Pokémon in December. Then they'd have two heavy hitters and a fan-favourite going into the holiday season.

Matthew010

Grumblevolcano

@nintendobynature Yeah, I'm seeing the outcome where Pokemon is November and Link's Awakening is December as more likely.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic