Forums

Topic: L.A. Noire - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 459

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty

It's not that I or others think it's incapable of running the game in 1080p, it's just a question of whether they would actually go through the trouble to do it or not.

Lazy? Sure. But it's not like we don't see a an abundance of laziness everywhere we look so, it's not unexpected

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

@JaxonH that could be said for xb1 and ps4 games from devs also. I personally just take the wait and see approach. I'm not graphics whore. I do like good looking games though like anyone else. Gameplay and enjoy ability is always king to me. But when I see a game on a system that isn't taking advantage of what it can do something should be said. Usually that has been the case for nintendo consoles. Devs gives little effort because they know they can.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty

Well sure it could be said for games on any console. The point wasn't to single out the Switch, the point was to simply say it seemed perfectly plausible for the game to be the exact same. No need to get defensive or point out laziness on other consoles.

I have no agenda here. I didn't "want" to see anything. I simply go by what I'm told, and what I was told was that it would be the same game performance wise as 360/PS3 according to their press release. They went out of their way to state "1080p on PS4/X1" yet made no such statement about Switch. So naturally, without reading an article that specifically states it's going to run at a higher resolution, I had no reason to think otherwise. And the fact so many other games release and do little to nothing above expectations, it seemed perfectly plausible that this game would be a straight port with added features.

And I still would've bought it.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

@JaxonH it wasn't aimed at you what I said was aimed at internet gamers in general. I think the PR by Rockstar was what it should have been. I don't think major AAA developers have gotten to the place where they will be bigging up graphical enhancements (if any) on any switch version of their games. To me ps4 and Xb1 owners need to hear those certain types of things to warrant a purchase. I don't think Switch owners do so that's why they didn't mention the resolution in switch version.

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty

I was actually thinking the same thing. Switch owners don't need to hear "1080p" to warrant a purchase. Everyone likes better resolution when given the choice but it's never the determining factor. With other console gamers, it's the determining factor. I've actually heard quite a few people say they refuse to buy any game that is not in 4K. It's PC elitism that's somehow made it's way into console gaming.

Qwertyninty

@JaxonH with this we agree. It's sad but I want a good games that plays well and is enjoyable. Not against resolution and graphical enhancements but they shouldn't overshadow everything else.

Qwertyninty

OorWullie

I think the way the 3rd party's like Bethesda, Rockstar and certainly EA are treating the game they're bringing is, the Switch is a handheld and the very fact that they're even able to get these games running on a handheld is an impressive feat, far more impressive than just having them running at a higher resolution on far more powerful machines. In.fact there's nothing even impressive about what they're doing at all, for as much as they will look better than the Switch version there's always a medium range PC that can run them even better.

EA said from the very start that FIFA for Switch will be the best and most complete "portable" FIFA ever and that's exactly what they delivered. EA are treating Switch as a handheld first and foremost and that's fine. Same goes for Bethesda and Rockstar. What else are they supposed to do, they can't make the Switch do tricks to get their games running at parity. Nintendo on the other hand are treating the Switch as a home console primarily that can also be played portably, that's also fine because that's the magic of the Switch, it can be that too and they've stuck to their word by delivering home console experiences with every one of their games they've brought so far. Some will say aye but the home console part of it is gimped with weak hardware but what else were they supposed to do? Even if they had put an X2 chip inside it and swallowed the cost themselves, it would have made very little difference when it came to big 3rd party games as Doom, FIFA, LA Noire etc would still be unable to compete on a technical level with the twins. It is the nature of the console.

Plus surely it's clear by now that Nintendo have been proven right with their decision to go this route and all those who knocked it and continue to do so were/are wrong. The console continues to fly in the face of its doubters, indies can't get their game on it quick enough and slowly but surely big 3rd party games are starting to arrive. You can bet in 2018 we'll get to see what the 3rd party's have been up to as that's when their games will start to arrive, they understandably took cautious wait and see approach but they won't be waiting any more.

Excuse my poor wording and bad grammar, I'm extremely tired and I can't be bothered going back over it

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

diwdiws

JaxonH wrote:

@Qwertyninty

I was actually thinking the same thing. Switch owners don't need to hear "1080p" to warrant a purchase. Everyone likes better resolution when given the choice but it's never the determining factor. With other console gamers, it's the determining factor. I've actually heard quite a few people say they refuse to buy any game that is not in 4K. It's PC elitism that's somehow made it's way into console gaming.

Thats BS. Never heard any PC gamer complaib that a game is not in 4K. Why? Because in PC, resolution is determined by your spec. You can upscale anything provided you have the specs.

diwdiws

Inertiacreep

@OorWullie well i read that a lot of developers were holding off to see how the new system would do, and now that everyone knows how awesome it is they are working on developing their engines for the switch so it will be like 2019 until we see these games, but yea there will still be a lot of games coming out next year and I am excited to see what comes out next summer.
And nobody can knock all the people who were skeptical.. let's be honest, the last good Nintendo system was N64, unless you are a die hard Nintendo fan.. yea the wii was really successful, but it was just good for family games, not real gamers.

But all these years of nintendo trying new things and avoiding competing with Sony and Xbox has payed off.. now they built upon the wii idea of having a screen on the tv and having a screen in your hand and turned to into a genius idea.. all these years of underpowered graphics machines has payed off with time where now with the switch they don't need the best graphics, because graphics have advanced so far that even taking a step down in visuals doesn't matter because we have so much power to begin with.

I certainly didn't think Nintendo was going to pull it off. The first thing i did when the specs were released was say "well here Nintendo goes again trying to sell another gimmick instead of trying to make the best system"

But I'm the first to admit how wrong i was.. now I'm telling everyone that the switch is the most impressive piece of technology I've ever seen and i say don't fool yourself, this is the best console Nintendo has put out since SNES.

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

@diwdiws

It's not BS. I've heard it plenty, even on our sister site PushSquare. When switch released and I was telling people there "hey, you said Disgaea 5 is one of your favorite games- now you can play anywhere and on the go, uncompromised". You know what the response was? Scoff scoff. I could never play a game in less than 4K now (ignoring the fact that that Disgaea 5 on the PS4 doesn't even run in 4K afaIk). Similar responses from practically everyone there. Scoff scoff. 720p resolution? Bwahaha. This console is going to fail so hard, even worse than Wii U- Nintendo still doesn't get it.

And I wasn't specifically talking about PC gamers, I was talking about PC elitism which has worked its way into console gaming. And if you want to deny that PC elitism exists, I don't think furthering this discussion will go anywhere. It most definitely exists... to the point it's even become a meme. And that mindset is spreading among console gamers. Ever since the PS4, more and more gamers have adopted that same elitist mentality. The PS4 Pro just cemented that mindset. And now with the Xbox One X, Xbox gamers will be right there with them. And it is a mindset, because I own a Gaming PC, I own a PS4 Pro, I have an Xbox One X preordered... yet I can play a game on the Switch in 720p-900p and still enjoy it perfectly fine.

Edited on by JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

This is a day one buy for me. I know little about it other then it's considered a good game plus I like the old school style setting. Not sure when I'll play it with Doom out a few days before but I'll make it work.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I sure hope this game doesn't get lost sandwiched between Doom and Skyrim. Dare I say I'm most excited for this then those 2 but only by a little bit.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
I know. Especially because this is a different type of game- completely opposite in fact- than what Nintendo fans are accustomed to.

I'd like to see the fanbase embrace these different games. Take risks. Try some new stuff. It's not even really a risk when it's a game lauded by the majority. I can enjoy practically any game in any genre, as long as it's good.

kkslider5552000

LA Noire is probably one of the most interesting experiences I played on the 360, but I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it, at least to the level of Rockstar's other games of that time. That's not even an insult, I mean I put about 20 hours into the game when it was new, and I have no idea if it was great or disappointing or what. It's a weird game in retrospect, with how it handles how well you do at investigations and interrogations and how GTA-lite it can be and how pointless the middle of the story probably was.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Filth_Element

@kkslider5552000 yeah I totally get what your saying. I would be all over RDR or GTA... I'll wait for a sale on this one. Lol

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

kobashi100

Now this is a problem when the switch version is $10 more expensive. If you are gonna charge more then you should be using a 32GB cart.

Even if you’re purchasing the physical version of L.A. Noire, you’ll still need to download extra data. The game will have a 14GB day-one download “containing required gameplay data as well as general bug fixes and improvements.”

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Spoony_Tech

@kobashi100 Agreed! How many people are going to even notice on the cover of the retail version they will need bigger storage. I can see say someone getting the Switch for CHRISTmas and popping in one of these games and not have the memory to play a RETAIL version of a game!! Love my Switch but this was a big fail on Nintendo's part!!

MERG said:

kobashi100

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@kobashi100 Agreed! How many people are going to even notice on the cover of the retail version they will need bigger storage. I can see say someone getting the Switch for CHRISTmas and popping in one of these games and not have the memory to play a RETAIL version of a game!! Love my Switch but this was a big fail on Nintendo's part!!

Not sure it's Nintendo's fault.

kobashi100

Spoony_Tech

@kobashi100 Not including enough memory is Nintendo's fault. Not having the foresight to see this being a problem is Nintendo's fault. They know very well how big third party games are and they had to know there was no way all of these games would fit on the size carts they have or the expense was going to be so big for 3rds to go small and pass on the rest to us. This is the option 3rd parties are left with. Yes they would use a bigger card but even at the biggest I think they would use 16gb, they would still pass on a lot of data to us. I don't see them using a 32 (or 24gb if it's even an option) for a few years till the cost comes down.

MERG said:

Tibob

I'd rather have a 14 Gb install than an over-compressed game like Rayman with loading times in and out of every level and slowdown on crowded areas !

Regarding the price, I feel the 40-ish they're asking for the game is a fair price. (Skyrim and Doom on the other hand are pushing it a bit imo)

Tibob

Sorry, this topic has been locked.