Forums

Topic: L.A. Noire - OT

Posts 441 to 459 of 459

Mii_duck

I bought a hard copy and the required download took five and a half hours, which was a lesson in frustration!

But I'm really enjoying the game. So many words have been wrote about the performance - but I can't say the draw distance, pop-up or slow down has ever bothered me. It's a game. These things happen.

It's not perfect (and one street crime mission crashed with an error message three times) but I'm feeling immersed in the world and love/hate the characters.

Shooting is clunky, but I fiddled about on the options menu with the sensitivity and got it somewhere that suits me, and I still drive like a drunk 17 year old, but yeah - it's an experience. I care about the story.

Mii_duck

Swordsman83

Don't think LA Noire is worth playing the 2nd time. at least to me. 1st time is refreshing, 2nd time is bore and chore. same wise for Sleeping dogs.. i like it the 1st time i play, but when it released on PS4 as remastered edition, i got no desire to complete the game.

This game is worth for those who haven't play LA Noire before.

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

Mii_duck

Wow. That ending.

I didn't realise how emotionally invested I'd become, and I'd not seen any spoilers so, yeah, it was a moment.

I love this. That 'mere' games can move you, make you pause for thought and provide commentary on life and politics like that - and it's more relevant than ever.

So much was said in reviews and comment sections about performance, frames per second, pop-up etc... but it's the singer, not the song that's important. Story, always story.

Mii_duck

Spoony_Tech

@Mii_duck I agree! The story had me gripped to the end. Gameplay while good enough was never enough to pull you in. The characters and story made this my sleeper hit of the year. I enjoyed it more then Doom or Skyrim and I really like those games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

nbseejay

Has anyone figured out how to fast travel on switch? I’ve tried literally every button and I’m sick of driving.

nbseejay

Spoony_Tech

@nbseejay Hold down x instead of just pressing it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

edhe

Having lots of fun playing this, although it can get a bit frustrating when my questioning torpedoes the case (in one particular case). At least there's the option to replay cases and try for a better rating. I'm on what could be called the third chapter now, having beat the introductory chapter and the first one as a detective.

I've compiled some screencaps into an imgur gallery.

The controls are alright, although i've only gotten into one fist fight in about 8 hours, and had forgotten the controls, so a suspect just beat me down repeatedly until I was able to relearn the controls. With gunplay though, I've had plenty of practice, foiling several street crimes.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

dkxcalibur

Got this for Christmas, I had to wait about a week to play it because I was finishing up the main story in Mario Odyssey. I'm about 4 or 5 cases in. I haven't explored L.A. much outside of in route to cases. So far I really enjoy it but I'm terrible at the investigation part of the game. The best I did was 2 out 3 questions correct but most of the time it's more like 1 out of 4 correct.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Roamer

One thing I thought when I played it on PS3 and again now on the Switch is that the supposedly correct questioning seemed a bit arbitrary. I’m not convinced you could get them all right first go by logic. Correct me if any of you have managed it!

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

dkxcalibur

@Roamer When it comes to logic I'm good. I'm able to ask the correct question in relation to the evidence but I'm terrible at the portion where you need to decide upon "good cop", "bad cop", or "accuse". I'm either too nice or I offend the person or I guess I accuse the wrong person???

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

edhe

A tip I read that proved handy is that there is no penalty for accusing someone until you present the relevant evidence. Some times, as Roamer says, the questioning takes weird turns (one of the reasons why they changed the wording on the button prompts), but if you accuse them of lying, and then, Phelps starts talking about something that you have a perfect piece of evidence that will contradict them, that's often your cue. On the other hand, if Phelps starts accusing someone of something completely ridiculous, you can back out - twice, to where you can choose another question, if need be.

I struggled with the interrogations - not all of their tells are as blatant, but another technique I tried was asking them multiple questions to try and determine their truthful demeanor.

I've since beaten the game, and I'm ashamed to admit I save-scummed some of the closing cases - mainly because I didn't want to spend many more hours getting them right. Then again, I did complete some cases with a 1-star rating, and not because of my erratic driving, so I've got something to go back to.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Lroy

Picked this up today as Amazon UK currently have it discounted to Β£21.99. Previously completed LA NOIRE on PS3 but at that price I couldn't resist trying it out again on Switch.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

DTMOF84

@Octane ok but this one is old too is it not?

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

Spoony_Tech

@DTMOF84 Let me guess, you made a new topic discussing the game and he closed it and sent you here lol. It's been dead in here for well over 6 months.

MERG said:

Eel

No, he revived an even older thread with like 5 posts to talk about the game.

Anyhow this counts as the main LA Noire thread, so it's ok to revive it for relevant discussion.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DTMOF84

@Spoony_Tech no I actually searched for the topic on the game and found a thread about it. Evidently I choose the wrong old thread. It’s ok they like to nit pick things. It makes them feel good 😁

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

DTMOF84

Well finally picked this up at a used game store for $13. Several times while trying to download it I got a server error. Anyone else recently picked this up? It originally said like two hours to download. Then halfway through I get the error.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

SKTTR

@DTMOF84 That error only happens to me if there's not enough space left on my microSD card.
L.A. Noire needs at least 13,1 GB of free space.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

DTMOF84

@SKTTR I had plenty of space. I eventually got it downloaded after trying again a few times.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

Sorry, this topic has been locked.