Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 581 to 600 of 629

EvilLucario

Patch is being approved. But no performance/crash fixes are ready yet since they're still working on it. Oh dear.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-...

Also they're nerfing a lot of stuff. Honestly? Idk how I feel. This is a single-player game of course, but hey, it's not like devs never did this in the past. Dark Souls nerfed some items in the past with patches, so Bloodstained can do the same.

I guess they're toning down some of the REALLY overpowered stuff like Bunnymorphosis and Welcome Company though. Those two stick out in my mind in terms of super powerful, cheap options available.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah yea I obviously knew what i was getting into with the switch version based on what people said, so I shouldn't be surprised but i still was. I played for another hour on lunch and only minor slow down occurred. No crashes thankfully. Every time I interact with a book shelf I'm worried it'll crash since that's how it happened the first time.

Even though I'm sure I'll experience more issues I'll continue to play thru. I was pretty excited to play this game so I'll just have to put up with it unfortunately. When I get too frustrated there's always nice and easy Mario maker to keep me sane ūüėĀ

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Glad I finished it before they do that, @EvilLucario ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Dark Souls also has a multiplayer component, so it makes sense. Bloodstained doesn't, as far as I know. Powers that are somewhat OP when you upgrade them are part of the fun of these games, imo, and it's lame that they're more fixated on balancing everything than they are making sure the best-selling console version of the game doesn't run poorly or crash continually.

Ralizah

DenDen

@BruceCM did you 100% it?

Now playing
Switch : Little Dragon Café, Gleaner Heights, my friend Pedro

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

EvilLucario

@Ralizah That is a fair point. But it is funny you bring that up because they will be adding co-op multiplayer in an upcoming content update, so I guess this is there to preemptively prepare for that? I can't tell you for certain because I'm not sure on the details.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BruceCM

Well, 100% map & all the bosses, @DenDen .... I'll go for NG+ sometime, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

DenDen

@BruceCM you should game is deffinley worth it

Now playing
Switch : Little Dragon Café, Gleaner Heights, my friend Pedro

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

CanisWolfred

Stat changes are also easier to do compared to optimization or identifying and fixing bugs & crashes, so I'm really not surprised to see that the first patch touches on those.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

BougieBeetle

Damn, that's a bummer. Guess I'll just have to jump back in and deal with the crashing for now. Or wait a month or two.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

leathco

Of course they nerf Welcome Company, the shard I use the most to bail me out of bad situations.

leathco

NintendoByNature

Surprisingly I haven't had many issues as of late..no crashes since the first day. I got to the tower ( winding one with all the enemies), and barely if any slow down. Aside from the downgrade graphically on Miriam and the npcs it's still playable on switch. And im having a decent time. Wouldn't have minded seeing how it is on another console though

NintendoByNature

Dpullam

One good thing amount my negligence to play most games, is all the bugs get kinked out before I get around to purchasing them. And if the developer shows no intention of fixing them, then I show no intention of purchasing them with my hard earned dollars. This looks like a developer that wants to make things right. At least, as good as they are able.

Dpullam

NintendoByNature

So I'm about 32-33% thru the map and just beat the first boss in the lab after the train. About 4:45 min in. Would you guys say im far off from where I should be with the amount of time i put in or am i fairly on track? I usually struggle with Metroidvanias which is why I'm asking if I'm doing well up to this point

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Everyone plays games like this at their own pace.

How has the stability been since that rough first day?

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah it's actually been fine. Some slow down here and there but not alot. I've had zero crashes since day 1. The only thing that is unfortunate is the texture of Miriam and the npcs.. the background looks awesome. Now I'm sure side by side compared to ps4 xb or pc it looks bad but having only played the switch version it looks really good to me. Im beginning to think the bad rep the switch version got was a little over blown. Are there issues? Yes, And prob more than other consoles for this game. But by no means while I'm playing it can i say it's unplayable and you should skip it.

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

@NintendoByNature Not doing too bad. I beat the game within 10 or so hours (but not 100%) but I've also been playing Metroidvanias all my life so I know all of their idiosyncrasies. And it's not like that mattered for me because I immediately went back for a second and even third playthrough, so yeah.

I am happy that you're still enjoying the game despite the Switch version, but as someone who owns it both on PC and Switch, I personally cannot enjoy the Switch version because of the heavy input lag. Graphics are whatever, but the input lag alone is terrible. But I have a friend who swears he can't feel it, so Idk.

Edited on by EvilLucario

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario cool thanks. I feel like I'm making great progress. Got the double jump, defeated the two headed dragon, the train boss, the " giant hand" boss and most recently as i said, the lab boss. So I feel proud of myself thus far as i usually get lost in games like this.

That's one thing i haven't noticed in all honesty, the input lag. I read a ton of stuff about people experiencing it. I bet if i tried ps4 XB or pc I would notice it more. But im guessing I got used to it and wouldn't know the difference

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Struggling pretty badly with the final boss in the game( bael that is ). Not having much difficulty with the boss prior. Can actually beat the 2nd to last boss with only taking a couple hits of damage. But for whatever reason, bael is giving me trouble. I've been trying for about 2 hours. What shards, weapon and technique is best to use? And what level should i be at? Thanks in advance for the advice

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic