Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 561 to 580 of 643

MisterMan

No one knows. They said the first one should be here around the 15th. I'm curious how much the first patch will actually address.

MisterMan

NintendoByNature

Well I'll be getting back from vacation tomorrow and I plan on firing up the switch version.

NintendoByNature

PCkid

@OmegaDestroyer : "So where's the Switch patch?"

I know a lot of people who could answer that question... but it's not really appropriate language to use here correctly.

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

EvilLucario

They just need to fix the input lag and the Switch version would be ok enough. Not great but just ok.

PC is still the defacto version, especially with mods.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

leathco

I'll believe its fixed when I see it. I got the game discounted though (32 bucks) and honestly, it's not horrible so far (just recently beat what I think is the games mid-boss, shortly after you get the gravity invert ability). I just hope they don't pull a WWE 2K18 where they promise to fix it, release two patches that put a band-aid over a gushing wound, than ignore it.

leathco

BougieBeetle

I'm taking a break until that patch drops, the game is great but these weird performance issues really hold it back. I've noticed crashing seems to correlate with long periods of having the game in sleep mode, so I try to save and quit fully out during my sessions, but as the Switch is meant to travel that's not exactly ideal.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

NintendoByNature

I haven't seen anything. I was going to start my play through last night but ended up passing out by 730pm. Mostly because i was fishing at 330am 😋. But I'm starting tonight for sure. Patch or not

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Played for the 1st time last night for about an hour. 2 crashes where the game application just completely closed. And some moments of slow down. Not really noticing the input lag though. I'll dive back in tonight

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Two crashes in an hour? Jesus christ. Did you update it?

NintendoByNature wrote:

I was going to start my play through last night but ended up passing out by 730pm. Mostly because i was fishing at 330am 😋.

Do you often go fishing in the middle of the night?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah yea in just 1 hour, I had two. Can't recall that happening ever on switch. And yes I have the most recent version. Unless 1 dropped today. As for fishing. I was on vacation and when I fish on vacation. Im pretty insane when it comes to fishing and sleep. I sleep maybe 4 to 5 hours max per day and wake up all times of the night. Fishing is usually best just before Sun rise at least that's what i found. 😋

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature When it first launched, the final boss encounter in Mario + Rabbids was extremely unstable and crashed on me multiple times. That's pretty much it. I think it was patched pretty quickly afterward, though.

Sounds like the Switch port is in an even worse state than I thought. It's a shame that such an unstable build was allowed to go to market.

EvilLucario

Patch is being approved. But no performance/crash fixes are ready yet since they're still working on it. Oh dear.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-...

Also they're nerfing a lot of stuff. Honestly? Idk how I feel. This is a single-player game of course, but hey, it's not like devs never did this in the past. Dark Souls nerfed some items in the past with patches, so Bloodstained can do the same.

I guess they're toning down some of the REALLY overpowered stuff like Bunnymorphosis and Welcome Company though. Those two stick out in my mind in terms of super powerful, cheap options available.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah yea I obviously knew what i was getting into with the switch version based on what people said, so I shouldn't be surprised but i still was. I played for another hour on lunch and only minor slow down occurred. No crashes thankfully. Every time I interact with a book shelf I'm worried it'll crash since that's how it happened the first time.

Even though I'm sure I'll experience more issues I'll continue to play thru. I was pretty excited to play this game so I'll just have to put up with it unfortunately. When I get too frustrated there's always nice and easy Mario maker to keep me sane 😁

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Glad I finished it before they do that, @EvilLucario ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Dark Souls also has a multiplayer component, so it makes sense. Bloodstained doesn't, as far as I know. Powers that are somewhat OP when you upgrade them are part of the fun of these games, imo, and it's lame that they're more fixated on balancing everything than they are making sure the best-selling console version of the game doesn't run poorly or crash continually.

DenDen

@BruceCM did you 100% it?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

EvilLucario

@Ralizah That is a fair point. But it is funny you bring that up because they will be adding co-op multiplayer in an upcoming content update, so I guess this is there to preemptively prepare for that? I can't tell you for certain because I'm not sure on the details.

BruceCM

Well, 100% map & all the bosses, @DenDen .... I'll go for NG+ sometime, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DenDen

@BruceCM you should game is deffinley worth it

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966