Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 601 to 620 of 629

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Have you beaten Bael yet?

If you're struggling too much, I recommend cooking a bunch of food to eat when he hits you, reversing the screen, and then just begin the process of tedious hacking away at Bael's health. Something that passively inflicts damage like Welcome Company might also help.

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah not yet. Tried another few hours last night and an hour during lunch yesterday. Granted, a good majority of last night I started grinding for xp. You can farm right near the boss stage and all of those enemies give you good xp. I think I was pretty under leveled because i was only at 36. I'm now at 41 and I can take down Dominique pretty quickly. But after I leveled up at 41 last night I still lost to bael and I slashed the hell outta him for a while when he stopped twice. And once was even the head you know who was on. It felt like i was pretty close to beating him though. So during lunch today, I'm going to level up to 42 and try again. I'll continue on this path until I finish the game. Just kinda feels crappy the rest of the game was relatively easy( but super fun), and ive hit this roadblock that's taken up at least 5 to 6 hours of my time. I always have welcome company equipped too ūüėä

Edit: I have tons of cookies/omelettes etc, plus 5 high red potion and 9 regular

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Magician

So August has come and gone, still no word on physical rewards for backers over $60.

I'm reasonably upset.

Guaranteed I'll never back another Kickstarter campaign ever again.

Switch Physical Collection - 457 games (as of November 9th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Criminal Girls (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dezzy

Well hopefully it'll have fallen in price by the time they patch it all. I wanted to play this on Switch but I'm not going to if it's heavily inferior to PS4.

Honestly if Squenix can get a really advanced game like DQ11 looking incredibly similar to the PS4 version, I'd kinda hope a 2D game could manage the same.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tasuki

So I.just started the game and I found an 8bit Coin. Now I saw that you can craft a weapon from it but I am just overwhelmed but all the choices. So does anyone have any suggestions on which weapon I should get? If you can please leave an explanation as to why I should get that weapon as that will help me out alot in my decision.

Thanks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

wyzau

still waiting for THE switch patch

wyzau

Zuljaras

@Tasuki I almost always use 2-hand weapons in CV games so that is why I crafted the Blue Rose or something like that in Bloodstained.

Also it is nice for the last boss because the over-head attacks make it easy to hit him.

Zuljaras

Magician

Sure, earlier this afternoon I complain that I haven't gotten notification for my Kickstarter physical rewards. Then I get home from work and see an email that my physical rewards are preparing to ship.

Can't wait.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Well it took a while, but today I finally had my $150 Dark Grimoire backer kit fulfilled. Pin set, keychain, stickers, artbook, poster, soundtrack, and collectors box. Quality of the overall package is a mixed bag. The artbook, pin set, keychain,and soundtrack are great. The poster and stickers are alright.

However, the collectors box is downright chintzy. I've got several standard edition games that have better boxes for shelf display than this disgrace of a box. All in all, I feel as though I received $80-worth of backer exclusive stuff for my $150. Never mind that I'm still waiting for the November patch before I play Bloodstained for the first time.

Do I have buyers remorse? A little bit, yeah. As I've said before, I'll never back another crowd funded game again. At least this experience isn't as bad as the Star Citizen Kickscam. Will those backers ever get to play that game in its entirety?

darkfenrir

@Magician Personally think that some crowd funded game is alright (Tbh the most problem I have with most of them are... they are often delayed, but as long as the devs do talk to the community, it's a pretty superb still)

I'm following Idol Manager and Monster Crown, the two games I backed and so far the devs are super responsive to the backers and feedback! Granted I only backed the lowest tier where I only get the game digitally, but I'm just chipping in that please reconsider on the full stance and see how it is before condemning everything I guess, it's understandable though.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Ralizah

One of the big patches that is supposed to sort out issues with the Switch version of this game is live.

I sold my copy, so I'm curious about impressions from people who played it in its pre-patched state.

Ralizah

belmont

@Ralizah From a quick test: load times are vastly better, the input lag more or less was patched, graphics still bad. For the overall performance I need to play more to be sure.

belmont

Ralizah

@belmont Nice. Input lag is what I was most worried about.

Ralizah

belmont

OK so it turns out that the performance was not improved marginally if at all. The character models sometimes look sharper sometimes pixelated.

The input lag is gone and the loading times are very much improved.
I still can't recommend this version having played most of them. It is better than the shipped version. I think they can fix it but I don't know if the there is still that much of demand for it.

belmont

Magician

Any news on if updates will continue to be rolled out, or is 1.03 the end of it?

Edit: Never mind; according to update post 100 on the Kickstater page, update 1.04 promises more improvements.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic