Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,213

Akira_1975

@NEStalgia Yeah, you're probably right. I'm hoping if they make improvements for Wolfenstein they'll be able to easily patch Doom with the same improvements. I understand there's no incentive for them to do so. Just some wishful thinking =) I'm just thrilled to see it run on the switch at this point.

Akira_1975

JaxonH

Wolf 2 also has the distinct advantage of its predecessor gracing 7th gen consoles.

I'm not sure to what extent that can actually help them but the fact they have an engine for the first game that runs on PS3 and 360 tells me they might be able to get that game running a little better. Perhaps they can swap out some assets from the first game's 7th gen version, stuff like that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

carlos82

@Akira_1975 I'd assume we'll see some updates after the launch of Rocket League which they're also working on. Then as you say woth this and Wolfenstein sharing the same engine any gains they can learn will benefit both games. Good to see Nintendo bringing some newcomers to Doom 😃

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Spoony_Tech

I don't know why but I have a feeling Wolf will be harder because of the brighter tone to the graphics. I think flaws will show through much worse then Doom but I hope as Panic Button gets more familiar with the hardware they will get better with each port.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SKTTR

With DOOM it feels like Switch has platform-parity again which wasn't the case with Wii U and Wii.
There's no huge graphical gap between the 3 different consoles anymore. Even the best-looking third party games are possible on Switch.

Yes, I am aware of the issues, I have the game, I posted some of the issues I have with the game myself, no need to repeat, only to add:
I can attest to the framerate dips on higher difficulty battlezones. I wonder about the performance of ultra-nightmare battles. I still wish the game had gyro-enhanced aiming because I'm trying all kinds of settings, but I think I have finally found the right balance of speed and playability with the horizontal sensitivity at 50% and vertical at 40%. Also, try to spin at 100%. xD

To resolve the blurryness issue completely you have to go to the Controller Options and reduce the "Look Smoothing" all the way down to 0%, then in Graphic Options set "Motion Blur" to 'off'. Now try to tell me the game is still blurry. I'm playing it on the best tv setting possible (1080p, no lag)... and NO BLUR. Was a huge mistake by the devs to have all the blurry effects on by default. At least it's easily fixed.

As for future updates it would be nice if they doubled/tripled the speed of map navigation. Don't really dig the sluggish and slow map system.

I'm playing the solo mode now for a change of pace - since I've almost entirely played online multiplayer. Real blast, this game. Love the spectactular enemy AI and animations, those imps have some real character and crazy moveset.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Hyrule

Loving the plasma rifle and just got the rocket launcher. Keep mistiming my jumps and falling into the abyss. Only complaint, is the weird audio bug, where it just cuts out. Having to restart the game to fix it, unless someone else knows another way.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Hyrule Reload your last area from the pause menu is a bit quicker.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

carlos82

@Hyrule @Spoony_Tech yeah just reload or die, have you guys had it where it just makes a really loud sudden noise, didn't half make me jump

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

JaxonH

Saw a post on Reddit about this little movement going for DOOM Switch to show support and see it hit a million copies sold. Looks like the official DOOM Twitter account has responded to the #DOOMillion hashtag thanking fans for support

https://mobile.twitter.com/DOOM/status/930197421837225984

I posted my pic, thought you guys might might want to share in the fun and post your pics with the # as well

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

carlos82

@JaxonH good call I've posted too, let's see where it goes

Octane

@SKTTR Until the next Xbox and PlayStation come out in a year or two from now...

Octane

Hyrule

Sweet thanks for your replies chaps.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Octane
With X and Pro just releasing, I'm not seeing new consoles even announced for another 3 years. 2 years at the absolute earliest, and then another year to release.

It took 4 years of technology advancing enough just for them to make a resolution increase with consoles at the same $500/$400 price they were at launch. The amount of ground that will be gained over the course of the next 2 years will not be nearly enough for the jump expected with a new generation.

I suspect this is the last console generation... we're already there. We see it with the mid gen upgrades. Starting over from scratch costs a lot of money and sales on the platform are significantly less for the first several years. And they always support previous generations as well for the first several years and they've already got 4 different iterations of those, not to mention PC and now, in some cases Switch too. New generation would mean 6 different PS/X1 consoles + PC + Switch...

And with only a 2 year technological leap, we'd be lucky if PS5 even matched the X1X. Because that's really all that 2 years is really going to bring with it. 4 years just to increase resolution. 2 years would barely be enough to even see a noticeable different at all. And that's the corner they've back to themselves into by releasing mid generation upgrades. They can't go releasing a next gen console that only brings half the technological leap people saw with the mid generation upgrades...

And with diminishing returns, it's going to take even longer this generation for technology to reach a point that we can see the same jump we saw last time. And last time it took 8 years. We'd need 12 years just to see that same jump again, and with a mid gen upgrade already released, it's going to be even longer, or, it's going to be that much more of a negligible increase. And if very few customers were willing to shell out $400-$500 for a resolution increase, how many are going to shell out for an increase half that amount? Especially one with the "next generation" moniker?

I think we either continue to see mid generation refreshes indefinitely, or, they figure out a way to bring something new to the table that hasn't been done before. Like Nintendo did.

DTMOF84

Octane wrote:

@SKTTR Until the next Xbox and PlayStation come out in a year or two from now...

The next Xbox just came out last week.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

NEStalgia

@Nintendoforlife There is definitely improvement with CA off. I compared since screenshots on and off, and everything is sharper with it off, just like Fast RMX. In motion it makes a big difference, as the brain isn't processing through the slight out of focus haze as though waking through the base with the wrong eyeglasses. . I'll definitely be leaving it off. I really don't know why any game adds it at all let alone defaulting to nearsightedness. Maybe it is so shareholders can see the game naturally?

NEStalgia

RagManX

My copy was due to arrive today. Looks like the mailman was running behind schedule, though, as he didn't deliver to my neighborhood today. So envious of those playing this already. Looks like I won't get mine until tomorrow. Guess I'll have to buy Rocket League to tide me over until Doom gets here. Then what to play?!?

RagManX

OorWullie

Finally had a go at this in docked mode and turned CA off and reduced the blur before I started. It looks superb! I must admit when I played it briefly yesterday on the handheld I thought it looks so blurry and wasn't overly impressed but what a difference once the settings are changed. Feeling well happy now. Rocket League, Doom and Odyssey to get stuck into.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nintendoforlife

@NEStalgia @OorWullie Wow you guys seem to really be benefiting from this change. That's crazy they would put such a game changing setting on by default, particularly when it's negatively affecting the res.

Nintendoforlife

Hyrule

Yeah definitely improves the visuals turning CA right off. Looks even better docked and undocked now and still runs perfectly well. LA Noire turned up this morning. I can't keep up haha, so much choice.

Hyrule

Nintendoforlife

Hyrule wrote:

LA Noire turned up this morning. I can't keep up haha, so much choice.

This is how it is supposed to be my friend, third party support in abundance is so so nice.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic