Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,213

NEStalgia

@Nintendoforlife Yeah, I really don't get it. FAST RMX had it on by default as well, and I'm sure it's common on a lot of other games that I have in shrink-wrap for PS4. I think it's one of those engine features that focus groups of non-gamers say "wow it looks so real!" so they turn it on so the game is Marketing Enhanced(TM) for the masses.

@Hyrule Enjoy that 14GB download. Don't worry, you can keep up, by the time it downloads, you can play, like 4 properly distributed games (And, yes, I did download the <8GB Doom patch, in part BECAUSE it was fully optional and I wasn't being strongarmed into it I wanted to explore what it had to offer. And because it wasn't prohibitively huge.)

NEStalgia

SKTTR

SKTTR wrote:

To resolve the blurryness issue completely you have to go to the Controller Options and reduce the "Look Smoothing" all the way down to 0%, then in Graphic Options set "Motion Blur" to 'OFF'. Now try to tell me the game is still blurry. I'm playing it on the best tv setting possible (1080p, no lag)... and NO BLUR. Was a huge mistake by the devs to have all the blurry effects on by default. At least it's easily fixed.

Hyrule wrote:

Yeah definitely improves the visuals turning CA right off. Looks even better docked and undocked now and still runs perfectly well.

CA? What's that option?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

NEStalgia

Has anyone noticed Amazon US's search for Switch games is 100% broken? I have never been able to find L.A. Noire on there and took it as a sign coupled with the rediculous download requirement it just wasn't meant to be.

However, I also just noticed that Doom for Switch does not show up either. Searches for "Doom switch" "Doom nintendo" etc. do not turn up the listing for Doom (at one time it did....I pre-ordered that way.) I end up seeing UK imports for, like $90, and every other platform, but not Switch. I thought maybe they're sold out so it doesn't show up anymore, So I went through my order history and clicked through and it takes me to the page...and it's still in stock for sale. I'm betting somewhere hidden is an L.A. Noire page as well that I can't locate no matter how much I search (Anyone that has it in their history, I'd appreciate a link, though I'm likely to not buy or buy on PS4 due to the download mess.)

But this is a disturbing trend that it seems that even though Amazon has pages and inventory for 3rd party Switch games, they can not be located via search at ALL as though they do not exist. This is certainly going to hurt 3rd party Switch sales massively in NA.

NEStalgia

SKTTR

The Chromatic Aberration option didn't make any visual changes in my game, at least I couldn't see them.
I thought it's just for light reflections.

It's all about shutting off "Look Smoothing" and "Motion Blur". These make the real difference.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Yeah, I can't find a real Amazon listing for LA Noire at all. Closest thing is this: https://www.amazon.com/Swh-Noire-videgame/dp/B075N573B3

DOOM Switch wasn't hard to find, though. It was the second listing when you type those words into Amazon's search bar (Skyrim was the first result for some reason).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OorWullie

@NEStalgia I just had a look on Amazon.com from the UK to see if my IP would bring up different results but nope,neither show up on main listings, just the UK import versions. At the very bottom of the page though , a US Doom appears under 'inspired by your views'. When I click on 'customers who viewed this also viewed' though its nowhere to be seen again. That is certainly going to result in lost sales.

@Ralizah Doom is the second listing underneath Skyrim for me too but it's a UK import for $74.99 with a 1 star review.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Ralizah

@OorWullie You're right, I hadn't noticed. What on Earth is going on with Amazon's site to cause this to happen?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Deathwalka

@JaxonH I've just got the plasma gun, is that stage 3?
But your so right, what a fantastic port, I have not tried docked mode yet.
Yes sometime the graphics in the back are a little blurry so I understand a little when purists get upset it's not crisp, but wow this is a must buy. So much fun, loving the multiplayer too. Loading times are not as long as I thought they would be so pleasantly surprised.

Deathwalka

NEStalgia

@OorWullie Yeah, it's a sales disaster for third parties.

@Ralizah it wasn't that way back in September when Doom was announced. I searched for it and it came up immediately after the Direct within a day or two and I pre-ordered. I'm guessing they massively broke something in their search engine when they redesigned the site for their annual pre-Black Friday mandatory redesign (which I loathe that they do that, they always break the site), but I wonder if it's limited to these Switch games, or if it's a broader problem across everything from linens to automotive? Come to think of it, L.A.Noire for PS4 isn't showing up either. But Doom for PS4 is (because it's a year old.)

@Deathwalka it's a lot less blurry if you turn CA off in the video settings. Looks more like classsic id games, to me that way. Of course I also turned on the classic Doom pose: Gun in the middle. Where it's MEANT to be!

NEStalgia

carlos82

@NEStalgia haha yeah the first thing I did was put the gun back in the middle.

Now if only we can get classic Doom too

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

MarioBrickLayer

I pre-ordered Doom, it arrived on the day of release, loving it so far!! Probably played 75% in handheld mode.

MarioBrickLayer

Deathwalka

@MarioBrickLayer it really is so good, and I've heard the sky rim port is way better! Bethesda have outdone themselves, I will support all their ports because of this dedication to give us as much quality possible with the timeframe and hardware

Deathwalka

meleebrawler

It's kind of hard to believe, but this game is actually scratching a Metroid Prime itch for me with it's campaign. Almost like the Hunters sequel we never got, focusing more on weapons, combat and substantial multiplayer, but still possessing lore and secrets for those willing to find them.

Doomguy also reminds me of Samus despite his purposefully barely-developped backstory. He hunts demons with the same gusto that she does with Space Pirates, and both species are equally terrified of their respective nemeses, as described in their writings. And the glory kills work almost exactly like lethal strikes from Other M.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JaxonH

@meleebrawler

I was saying that earlier. This game really reminds me of Metroid Prime.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH @meleebrawler I said it first lol like last Friday. You know what else it reminds me of.......Perfect Dark only with Demons instead of Aliens. Maybe that's just me and the lack of playing a ton of single player FPS.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Ya. It's the elaborate 3D maps with secrets and map stations. It's the 1st person view and demons you fight like space pirates. It's the lonely but deadly atmosphere.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Akira_1975

@QwertyQwerty I have to agree. The sound issues are really starting to get on my nerves in later stages. Really hoping a patch gets released soon. I may also take a break until it hits.

Akira_1975

Deathwalka

@Akira_1975 hold on what are these sound issues? I'm in hell at the moment and I have not come across any issues? What sort of sound probs are u getting??

Deathwalka

Akira_1975

@Deathwalka Well, I'll hear a loud buzzing sound at random points. Sound will also diminish in quality to the point it's barely hearable. I've also heard popping and static sounds. Once these happen they won't go away until I restart from a checkpoint. I'm not sure if playing docked or undocked has any impact on the frequency of these issues. I'm surprised you haven't encountered any of these. Especially now that you're playing in hell.
I haven't played enough multi-player to know if they happen there as well. Looks like Bethesda is aware of these so hopefully a patch isn't too far off.

Akira_1975

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic