Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,002

SilverEdge92

@zionich I figured it out; apparently I just had to quit and reload to make to Gold Golem appear.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

Spoony_Tech

I dont even know where I'm at anymore but I'm fighting a giant tree....

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

Is that the same tree you fight in DS3? With his squishy balls...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

zionich

@SilverEdge92 Excellent!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Sadist

Ah Anor Londo

Oh those beautiful vistas

Sadist

Rutta

Think I’ve met my match guys and can’t go on.

The demon with the two dogs in a tight space where you can’t really move around is too much.

Rutta

EvilLucario

@Rutta Capra Demon is a roadblock, but my advice is to just rush towards the dogs, take care of them as soon as possible, then run up the ledge to lure the Capra Demon up there. Jump off the ramp then quickly heal, then you can focus on the demon himself.

If you have a Black Knight sword, equip that since it'll have bonus damage against it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm getting closer and closer to the end. I'm in the Tomb of the Giants now and have already got 2 of the Lord Vessel souls needed.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Rutta no shame in dying to that little room of misery, it’s the tight space and multiple enemies that throws a fair few people out of their comfort zone. Evil Lucario has told you a great strategy for the fight BUT before you go back in there again test yourself against the dogs just before the boss room - how many hits does it take you to kill one? If it’s any more than 2 (per dog) then let’s address that first and even the odds somewhat as taking the dogs down quickly is absolutely paramount to whether or not you have a good time in there!

You should already have met a blacksmith on your travels at this point so make sure you’re using a weapon you like and it’s as upgraded as possible. If you need materials for upgrading it, helpfully the fast balder knight dudes in the church near the blacksmith drop them relatively frequently (they also drop a healthy amount of souls for that point in the game). Upgrade your weapon as much as poss, throw a few points into your ‘damage stat of choice’ and hopefully then you’re able to take down the dogs much more easil and se you can prepare for the fight once again.

Pro-tip; if you haven’t done it yet - if you go past the boss door down to the right, there is a shortcut back to fire link shrine/undead burg (you’ll discover a merchant en route too if you haven’t) - this is a much quicker way of getting back to the fight. If you go that way be wary of a sneaky hiding enemy just past the boss door! Good luck!

@Spoony_Tech awesome! Which two have you done? Assuming from past posts Seath and Bed of Chaos?

Of the two remaining, most people tend to struggle more with the areas than the boss’ themselves (although one of the two caused me enormous pain first time out!). You might want to stock up on Transient Curses (merchant in undead burg sewer tunnel) or google cursed weapons before you head back to New Londo Ruins, not to mention there’s an item you need for the boss fight down there that is found deep within dark root garden (would hate for you to get there and die immediately; a merchant does warn you on your way to the boss but it’s not a given you’ll find said merchant and even then - in true DS fashion - his warning can be a little cryptic!)

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Spoony_Tech

@BrainOfGrimlock You know I'm not even sure lol. All I know is the area around the Crystal caves boss and Lost Izalith boss. Bed of Chaos sounds familiar though.

MERG said:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech Yeah that's the two

Obviously not everyone cares but the lore surrounding the lord souls - particularly around Seath - is pretty fascinating.

I'll admit to not knowing a whole lot about it exactly on my first playthrough - I almost think that's kind of the point - but I kept plugging away and finding out more, especially as others were doing the same and people were sharing theories/discoveries; stuff became clearer and it just makes the game more epic, at least in my eyes. If it had spoon-fed me the narrative I think a lot of the appeal would have been lost. Not saying I don't love either style, but the vague hinting just suits the game Dark Souls is perfectly.

If you - or anyone - wants to learn a bit more about what the actual heck is going on in the game, this article is a good starting point, however - as the article itself suggests - epicnamebros videos were king for a long time. He seems to have deleted a lot of the old (really good imo) lore videos he had posted though (due to issues with YT/community apparently). He still has some really good vids for people new to the game but some of his best (imo) vids are gone now. If you're looking for some decent lore vids though then vaatividya has some decent ones (although apparently he was accused of plagiarism a while back), this one (and the part 2) in particular explains a lot of the base lore around the lord souls and the central story!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

@linq no worries! Yep, it really is quite deep and - for me at least - the more I dug around it in the more I wanted to keep playing! Anor Londo in particular has a lot of lore tied to it, the covenants all tie back to it too along with most of the bosses/enemies. Very clever stuff and whilst a fan of the sequels, they never quite top the way this one ties it all together (some of the later games do answer a few questions though).

One thing to bear in mind is that whilst some of it is fact, a lot of the other stuff in the lore is open to interpretation - so what one person thinks may not be true of everyone (and indeed often isn’t).

BrainOfGrimlock

Dezzy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm getting closer and closer to the end. I'm in the Tomb of the Giants now and have already got 2 of the Lord Vessel souls needed.

Don't forget Oolacile! The DLC. Now's about the right time to do it.

It happens to be way better than anything else in the last third of the game. New Londo's cool. I dislike the others though.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

So I got 3 of the Lord Vessel souls I need but have no clue where to go next. I've beat Death, Bed of Chaos, and the giant ball of Skeletons. Can I get a clue as to where I should be looking? My guess would be an area I haven't been to in a long time and totally forgot there was another path.

MERG said:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech I’m guessing you mean Nito with the ‘Ball of skeletons’? If so you need to be heading to the New Londo Ruins* - they’re down the stairs from the very first bonfire at firelink shrine...

*Mentioned this in a post yesterday, there’s an item you need from a boss fight - Sif - in Darkroot in order to be able to fight the boss in the NL ruins (not sure if you fought him yet). You’ll also need some way to kill the ghosts - there’s an item on the first bridge into the ruins (just to the right - transient curse) that lets you do exactly that. If you’ve already used them though the female merchant in undead berg sewer tunnels sells them. Once you have some, if you’ve got the ‘item drop’ serpent ring then wear it when fighting the ghosts as they commonly drop more curses, less commonly they drop a cursed weapon which can always kill them (means you don’t have to mess around with items)

BrainOfGrimlock

MERG

@Spoony_Tech Dang Tech...have you been playing non-stop? I"m still trying to get through the Depths. I keep getting cursed!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I only got cursed twice and it was on Seath, a boss towards the end. I also get about 3 to 5 hours a day during the week to play. Weekends I usually get zero time so I get it and take it where I can.

@BrainOfGrimlock Thanks for the direction and the heads up. Not sure if I have said item or not but I will find out soon enough. Can't even remember an alternate way to go down there but I'll find it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech I'm jealous of the time you get!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Dezzy

BrainOfGrimlock wrote:

If you’ve already used them though the female merchant in undead berg sewer tunnels sells them. Once you have some, if you’ve got the ‘item drop’ serpent ring then wear it when fighting the ghosts as they commonly drop more curses, less commonly they drop a cursed weapon which can always kill them (means you don’t have to mess around with items)[/spoiler]

Worth pointing out that there's a second drop of Transient Curses right near the entrance to New Londo as well. So if you exhaust the ones in the jar before the bridge, you can easily get to the second lot without dying too. It's straight past the first ghosts that appear and to the right corner of the first low area. Before going up stairs and through any doors. Easy to get without getting hit.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Rutta

Thanks for the advice on the Capra demon guys as didn’t have any gear levelled up. Managed to get the claymore (I think?) to level 5 and got to the bonfire where you begin the game , so all ready and prepped to take on the Capra demon tomorrow.

Edited on by Rutta

Rutta

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic