Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 781 to 800 of 902

zionich

@Dezzy Not a first time player but found it for the first time this play through lol.

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

3dg3d3m0n

Im getting confused, I have been loading up on Faith and Intelligence for my Pyromancer build, and I have just found a site that reckons I should be 50 Vit, 16 Att, 40 End, 16 Str and 40 Dex? I was aiming for a pure pyro build, or as much as I can without allowing for a bit of mele requirements...
It was one of the Wiki Sites, I can't remember which one, but I have it saved on my home PC...

3dg3d3m0n

linq

Just saw this on sale on target's website for $26.99 and couldn't pass it up.

And now I must prepare to die... A LOT

linq

ViewtifulJotun

@3dg3d3m0n sorry but pyromancy doesnt scale with faith or intelligence. You just upgrade the flame with a certain NPC who comes to join you at Firelink. Faith is for miracles and intelligence is for sorceries.

ViewtifulJotun

3dg3d3m0n

Too many guides I saw were stating that 40/40 faith/Int were essential for a pro in later game I'm at 24/25 so not all is lost, will have another look at where I should level up on stats

3dg3d3m0n

Sadist

Meanwhile I have reached Sen’s Fortress. Ruh oh. Nope. Nope.

Have a Pyromancer myself too, but I’ve put some work into buffing his stats in regards to strength. Those nasty Serpent Soldiers have a pretty high tolerance against physical attacks. Shame.

Going to be tough.

Sadist

zionich

@3dg3d3m0n That sounds more like a hex build in Dark Souls 2.

Spoony_Tech

I'm in the crystal caves.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech - sounds like you’re killing it! Have you got any prism stones? Not essential but they can be handy in there!

@Sadist - yeah they can be a pain, their poise is quite high so they can be hard to stagger. Backstabbing works well though Good luck in the playhouse - always fun and games!

@3dg3d3m0n (obviously) I don’t doubt what you read, just surprised that people/guides pointed you down that road? It’s far from irredeemable anyway as you suggest; up to you which way you go (and there are no really bad options) but if you want to keep going pyro then Dexterity plays nicely with it - albeit marginally - increases the cast speed with each point? I’d suggest strength as next alternative, but with points in both Faith and Intelligence though you could conceivably go in any direction? A dex/faith build is awesome, pure Intelligence is good, dex/pyro can be deadly, strength/pyro very solid too - in other words there are lots of viable options so finding one that you like is better than listening to someone saying ‘this is optimum’ etc

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Spoony_Tech

@BrainOfGrimlock I do not as I literally just entered and got attacked and fell to my death lol. Wasn't even sure how to get down from where I was but I'll figure it out.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

3dg3d3m0n

@BrainOfGrimlock I worked it out eventually, I'm a muppet, I'd been looking at DS3 advice rather than remastered.
I'm going to start again and go for a dex/Int build as it's costing me 14K per upgrade so realignment will be expensive

3dg3d3m0n

Bart_T

@Spoony_Tech That's right about where I ended up before I bought Moonlighter on a whim this weekend. Got a little tired of DS's grimness and wanted a change of pace.

Good luck in the Crystal Cave! Or as I call it, the 'Cave of AH-F^&[email protected]##!T-NOT-AGAIN'. I always get a little over-zealous there, forgetting where the paths are and occasionally running down the side of a crystal you can't really run on.

Edited on by Bart_T

Bart_T

linq

Ok so I seem to be having a n00b issue. I picked up the heater shield and would very much like to use it but it's not letting me equip it. When I select my shield in the inventory, the "Use Item" option is crossed out.

Edit:
Nevermind, I finally figured out the menu system. Some of the controls are a little odd. But now I've got decent items equipped and life is good.

Edited on by linq

linq

zionich

@linq The A and B being backwards doesn't help lol.

linq

@zionich
Ya, I really don't see why they won't allow us to remap those two buttons. It's like they're intentionally trolling us nintendo gamers.

But other than that, I'm loving this game so far. This is the exact type of game that nintendo needs to keep bringing to the Switch for those of us who aren't into pokemon and jrpg's and the usual nintendo fare.

linq

SilverEdge92

How do you access the "Artorias of the Abyss" stuff? I killed the Crystal Golem staring at wall right at the start of The Duke's Archive but it didn't drop the Broken Pendant.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

zionich

@SilverEdge92 Did you kill the Golem in DarkRoot Garden first?

zionich

@SilverEdge92 I noticed it didnt appear for me until after I got the lordvessel

Spoony_Tech

I'm doing damage but not taking any health off the boss I'm on in the Crystal caves. Not sure I want to take the time to figure it out just yet.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic