Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,002

Rutta

Buzzing beat the Capra Demon and done a far bit progress also. I’m trying to get through Blighttown now and the atmosphere along with the depths is great.

Had to watch a few YouTube tutorials such as Fightincowboy mind you as the game does not tell you much. Getting to grips with the equipment and how you level it up has been cruicial for progress.

Literally loving this game

Rutta

zionich

@Rutta Very awesome !

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

BrainOfGrimlock

Now this is cool...

Anyone wanting to learn/know more about the basic premise/story of the game (or even to reminisce about your journey!), someone has just uploaded this awesome video using mostly in game footage. It’s not an in-depth lore discussion, more just a summary of the game using the game itself!

Well done @Rutta btw; onwards and upwards!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Rigsy

@Rutta The Capra Demon is an attempt from the game to put you in a situation of close quarters that forces you to eat attacks.
It is an attempt to teach you about mechanics called poise and stability.

Stability relates to your shield. At this point in the game, Dark Souls is telling you to upgrade your shield and with this, it's stability to be able to block the hits coming in.

Poise is a mechanic in regards to armour. In general, heavier armour has a higher poise which means you can take more damage before your character staggers and you could become stun locked (unable to move due to incoming attacks).

As I've read you play a thief, I'd guess that heavy armour and a good shield hasn't been your focus so far. Before giving up, try throwing on some heavier gear and upgrading a shield for good stability.

Good luck and have fun!

[Edit: realise OP has now completed this section while I wrote this in my notes \[T]/
Keeping it up for posterity]

Edited on by Rigsy

Join hundreds of others in our Dark Souls Switch Discord community today!
https://discord.gg/UzEbat7

Rigsy

BrainOfGrimlock wrote:

Now this is cool...

Anyone wanting to learn/know more about the basic premise/story of the game (or even to reminisce about your journey!), someone has just uploaded this awesome video using mostly in game footage. It’s not an in-depth lore discussion, more just a summary of the game using the game itself!

Well done @Rutta btw; onwards and upwards!

@BrainofGrimlock those wanting to go deeper on the game's story should check out Vaatividya on YouTube too. If that's not enough, I recommend old episodes of the Bonfireside Chat Podcast!

zionich

@BrainOfGrimlock I watched that yesterday. It is an amazing video!

BrainOfGrimlock

Yeah it was pretty awesome! Amazing how the game is still inspiring stuff like this - but then I guess people are still speed running the original Mario so maybe not so surprising?

BrainOfGrimlock

Rigsy

I think Dark Souls is (as you say) one of those games that will stand throughout time as a classic and having it on Switch is such a great breath of new life! @BrainOfGrimlock

MERG

I've done a fine job of screwing myself in the Depths. I'm cursed and now have Laurentius trying to kill me as I accidentally hit him. I seriously need to get out and try this area again...ugh.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Lol, take it slow as I imagine you are doing.

I haven't had a chance to play this in almost a week. I know I'm in the final area before the final area lol. I'm enjoying it but I do want to just get it done.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rigsy

Best thing to do would be to go back to the bell gargoyles. You can speak to Oswald (the T-pose guy) get forgiveness for hitting Laurentius and get one or more curse stones. Bring some souls though as forgiveness will cost you and the stones are 3k each!

Alternatively you can get the stones for a little more from the female undead merchant in the aqueduct shortcut but you can't get forgiveness from her. @MERG

Rigsy

@MERG just to clarify the route back to Oswald from the depths,

• past the butcher room
  • up through the aqueduct shortcut and past the female undead merchant
  • back to Firelink
  • take the elevator to the parish.
  • fight your way back to the gargoyles roof and enter the bell tower.

MERG

@Rigsy Thanks! Much appreciated.

@Spoony_Tech I am taking it slow...but sometimes I get impatient and annoyed!

Spoony_Tech

@MERG You're old, that's understand! 😛

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech grrrr...the way I see it, 50 is the new 25!

Spoony_Tech

@MERG The way I see it is most 25 year olds are idiot's these days so I'd rather be 50!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

I finally made it, Kiln of the First Flame!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

zionich

@Spoony_Tech Awesome !!!

MERG

@Spoony_Tech I am jealous. I am so far behind you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic