Forums

Topic: Yooka-Laylee

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,090

Spoony_Tech

My fear has always been that they release it too close to Mario. If they don't release September or sooner might as well wait till January or later.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

At that point I'll just go with the PC version, if I haven't forgotten already.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nin10dad

I'm guessing we'll get a solid date at E3. Honestly don't think it will be long now. As a backer, albeit one who chose to persevere and wait for the Switch version, after the cancellation of the Wii U version, I'm at a point now where, when it does show up, it will be a welcome addition to the library. But I'm certainly not losing sleep over the wait.

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

TuVictus

I finished the game. The last boss was phenomenal. Well, the whole game was great. They nailed the early 2000's Banjo feel to the T, minus most of the music. I can't wait for a sequel.

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

Still don't know why it's taking so long for a date for this game. I guess it's better to keep quiet then give us a date they can't deliver on.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

It has begun the testing phase.

MERG said:

erv

I'm still quite looking forward to this. It feels like it won't be too long, after splatoon 2 is my guess.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

rallydefault

This is an instant buy for me. Action/adventure has always been my favorite genre, and of course I have tons of nostalgia for the old Rare adventure games.

rallydefault

Lethal

I hope they can fix the camera and tweak the controls better in this version. I have this on the PS4 and it just doesn't seem as fluid as the old Banjo games. The sounds and music are spot on though. I will absolutely be buying this again for my Switch either way though.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Playtonic are now doing Switch specific testing as well as console testing and will have a release date shortly after it's concluded.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

I thought they said that 2 to 3 weeks ago?

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

....The game is being cancelled for Switch isn't it?...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech No they said they'd be into that phase once the patch was out. I thought it would be after the other console versions got the patch too but it seems they were only referring to the PC patch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

Joeynator3000 wrote:

....The game is being cancelled for Switch isn't it?...

I'm sure they're cancelling their successful game for the successful console for no reason.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

Joytendo22 wrote:

It sold around 200,000 copies in its first 40 days on sale

It is impossible for me to believe this game isn't a success.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SKTTR

Like many here, I waited for the Wii U version that was canceled and now I wait for the Switch version.

Team 17 is bringing this to retail, right?? I definately hope so. That would be great!
I hope they release this and more of their games on retail soon. I jumped when they announced The Escapists 2 for Switch. I'd also be first in line to buy a new Worms for the Switch.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FragRed

The problem I see with releasing this game on the Switch so late, is firstly how many potential customers bought elsewhere or were put off by the reviews? And secondly, since E3 and the trailer for Mario Odyssey, how many will just forget about it and focus their interests on the new Mario instead which looks to have so much more going on and releasing sooner than many thought.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

@FragRed
I own every other system it's out on right now, and there's no way I'm buying it for anything other than the Switch. In my mind, this is a very "Nintendo" game, and the ability to play it anywhere far outweighs any kind of slight graphical upgrade on the other consoles/PC. I'm willing to bet I'm far from being alone in this mentality.

rallydefault

erv

I want a release date for this but realise they probably won't be launching near splatoon. Then again, launching near mario rabbids would not be clever either, as well as odyssey. I'm buying it, but don't pull a prime3 + galaxy on me, because one is going to be a delayed purchase and the schedule stacks against yooka laylee now.

Timing is everything I guess. I'll buy it eventually anyway.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault Well I wish I picked Switch but the kickstarter rewards platform closing date was while I wasn't sure when I'd pick up a Switch so I went for XB1. I was going to start once the big patch comes out but I will probably just buy it on Switch and mainly use that version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic