Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,648

electrolite77

@Krillin_

Same here. Got bought it by my parents. There was some deal on with getting a TV modulator for the monitor and a few games so I got that. Life changing stuff. Played so many good games on it-Chase HQ, Head over Heels and the like. Tons of Codemasters 'simulators'.

Less of a success was my Christmas 1990 present of a GX4000 console but you know, can't win them all....

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

electrolite77

Right, added everyone on this thread. Yeah, you lucky people. Think I'm GJB77

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Windy

Nice sale in the 3ds eshop right now. I picked up Airport Narita for 7.77. Great price on that. Loved Airport hawaii. Also a huge capcom sale and also Train Driving sims. I might get another Train Driver

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

NaviAndMii

My first gaming experience was Super Mario Kart on my brother's SNES (lucky, I know!) ..I remember him throwing me in at the deep-end, making me do Rainbow Road first (still one of the hardest tracks I've ever raced in a game!) ..I failed - epicly - but we had a laugh & I fell in love with computer games pretty much instantly!

I didn't really have too many other experiences with video games on other platforms until I got an N64 of my very own when I was 11 - but my school had a little selection of consoles/computers that we were allowed to play on from time to time - we had a Commodore 64, which everyone wanted to play - such a great console! ..but we also had these old BBC and Apple computers that I have a little soft spot for as well - if the C64 was taken, I could spend many a happy hour playing Elite on the BBC! ..there was even this weird text adventure game called Philosophers Quest that'd keep me absorbed for hours! (..who needs graphics?! )

..one of my favourite games of the era, though, was this game called Battlezone on the old Apple computer we had - a tank battle game, where the graphics were nothing more than crudely drawn, green-lined polygons - man was it addictive though!

They don't make 'em like they used to! ..now, where did I leave my pipe and slippers?

EDIT: Haha! YES! I've just found a picture of Battlezone that I thought I'd share with you all!

Untitled

...may not look like much - but I cannot tell you how intense and addictive it was! Great game! (Oh - and I found my pipe and slippers, for anyone who was concerned! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

@NaviAndMii BATTLEZONE FOREVER!! Seriously, that game was the bomb. I could never, ever pass up a chance to play it when I found it in an arcade. Never played it on a home computer, though. Half the fun was the tank controls and the episcope setup the cabinets had.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

the_shpydar

Gotta agree, Battlezone was/is an awesome game. Best in the arcades back in the day, of course, but still fun to play through MAME or other releases today.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

NaviAndMii

Oh wow! I had no idea it was an arcade game too! Just checked out some pictures of the cabinet (in all its double-Joystick glory!) on Google...and now I feel like I missed out! So good! ..Lemmings (on C64) was the big hit at my school that everyone wanted to play when we had some down time - but Battlezone was always my secret, guilty pleasure!

Bunkerneath

First computer game i remember playing was on the Toshiba MSX, the premise of the game was your character gets sucked into the computer and you had to escape. All i really remember is when you died it had an 8bit version of the computer on the screen and a tombstone rose out of the cartridge slot at the top. Can't remember the name of it though, if anyone remembers it PLEASE tell me.

The main computer game i remember playing as a kid was Treasure Island Dizzy on the Commodore 64, but I'm sure it was bugged because i could NEVER collect the last gold coin needed to complete it, you put down a bucket so that you could jump up to get the last one, but however many times i tried it was impossible.

First Nintendo game I remember playing was Super Mario World, I was a bit late on the Nintendo scene as I was bought up a SEGA kid with my first console was a Master System 2 with Sonic built in (kinda sad, but used to play it to the end and record my scores in the back of the instruction manual then try and beat it), but i remember the first time i got the the special star levels, I HATE TUBULAR LEVEL!

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Bunkerneath Can't help with the Toshiba MSX game, myself, I'm afraid - but, if writing notes in instruction manuals is sad, then you can call me sad! ..because I used to do that too! I remember this great little Game Gear game I had called Slider - the game didn't save but, every time you completed a level, it'd give you a little code that you could input to get right back where you left off - whoever has my copy of that game now has a manual with every code for every level scribbled in the back! ..many manuals actually started to leave a couple of blank pages at the back of the manual specifically for taking notes - so I'm guessing we weren't the only two sad gamers doing it! Haha!

the_shpydar

@Bunkerneath @NaviAndMii
I rarely wrote down passwords and such in the manuals themselves, but i did have notebooks/binders that i would use for passwords, hand-drawn maps, etc. Obviously a looooong time before the internet and GameFaqs.com and the like. These days i actually still have a notepad that i use to jot down passwords and such when playing retro games (regardless of the fact that i could obviously look them all up online).

The first game i remember doing it for was when my friend and i were trying to beat Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 2600. We drew maps of every room, listing where to get the different items and what to do where, and all that junk. It worked, as we eventually did manage to beat the game!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

NaviAndMii

@the_shpydar Haha! Loving that effort - great story! There was fun to be had even just doing things like that too! Almost like a game within a game at times!

I don't recall ever hand-drawing any maps or anything myself - but I used to be semi-obsessed with Championship/Football Manager games on PC - and, even when I wasn't physically playing the game, I'd often find myself scribbling down tactics to try, or players to check out, or any other little tweaks here and there that popped in to my head...then I'd get home and put my scribbled plans in to action! In a way, I was always playing the game...even when I wasn't!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

JasmineDragon

I'm actually sad that I didn't start a BOTW journal as soon as I started playing it. I used to do that for all kinds of games, not just video games but tabletop RPGs and board games, but I rarely bother these days.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Windy

I have Minecraft and rarely play it. Im just not interested. But Lego Worlds looks so good. Im tempted but im afraid it would be more of the same of Minecraft like. I guess the Building/Mining games are just not my cup of tea. What do you guys think of Lego Worlds? I just wish Dragon Quest X would get announced for Switch so I can think of nothing else!

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

PACO_PEREZ

My first game ever was punch-out on NES, I remember me and my brother having a special notebook with all the codes for it. Then came the megaman and had all the codes for every megaman and many other games... When that notebook got lost, it was a big gamming tragedy

PACO_PEREZ

Windy

Well gang.....I sold my Switch and didnt price gouge anyone. I still have a 3DS though . Is it ok for me to hang around here? Doh taking down my Switch Friend Code. That's probably it for home consoles for me. At 52 I think I'm just going to play what I already have which is a ton of 3DS games and some Wii, PS2 RPG's. I have about 30 PS2 RPG's half of which haven't been touched.

Edited on by Windy

Windy

I did pick up NBA 2K10 for my Wii for like 2 dollars the other day. I haven't played a Sports title in years and WOW! I'm blown away at how good it is. I'm sure the Switch version looks and plays 10 times better. I have been playing mainly RPG's and an occasional platformer for like the last 15 years. Even if you don't like Sports you might like the NBA 2k series. Give it a try if you see it. It's to bad I got into it now because the online options for Wii look awesome.

Windy

Oh I also found a copy of a Boy and His Blob for 10 bucks. I'm just waiting for it in my mail

Windy

@Samus7Killer well I actually needed Money for one. I have had some doctor bills piling up. But also to be honest, the system was just not for me. For years I've been playing pretty much just RPG's and an occasional platformer. Really my gaming is more suited to a PS4 but I'm not going to get one. I'm not a Fan of Nintendo's releases like Mario, Splatoon, Yoshi etc etc. I do like Metroid though The games they have coming over the next year are going to be awesome. Just not for me. One game I'm going to miss is Xenoblade 2. I actually had it pre ordered and might be bummed when it comes out. I also was very frustrated with the Eshop prices. There are quite a few games already that have no business being more than 5 bucks. But really prices have been kind of whacked ever since the Wii Shop days. Maybe had some Kemco type RPG's hit the Eshop I might have kept the system. Actually I think Kemco is on board so I will miss whatever they release

Edited on by Windy

Windy

@Samus7Killer oh don't kill me lol even though MarioKart is huge and Awesome for a worldwide audience. I'm not a huge fan. I'm just very Picky in my old age. My kids are all moved out so it's just me and my wife and she doesn't play. I think I'm just picky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic