Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,648

Old_Goat_Ninja

@NaviAndMii That sucks. On 360, I think I played all the way through 4 or 5 times. I was hooked on that game for a long time. Then when it got remastered, I got it again on PS4 and played through 2 times, and then a couple more using mods. On PS4 I almost got the platinum. Technically I did, but it glitched or something and it wasn't recognized. I wasn't willing to start a new game and try again. Got frustrated after that haha. It's amazing game though.... Maybe I'll get it for Switch after all..

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

JasmineDragon

@NaviAndMii Same here, I have Skyrim on PC, but I've only played a few hours of it - maybe 10 hours total. I just can't sit down at the computer for long enough to do much. I think the Switch is a great fit for Skyrim, and it's actually one of my most anticipated games ever since the first Switch teaser with the Skyrim footage.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Windy

I'm planning on Skyrim, Xenoblade and Gear.Club over the next few months. I may get a couple Eshop games here and there. I also hope Gear.Club is just fun to drive. I did play the Android version with tilt controls and it was pretty cool. I hope it translates well to Switch controllers. No floaty controls please lol

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Ralek85

@Old_Goat_Ninja Yeah, that's really unfortunate about Drive Club. I only played the "free" Playstation Plus version, and also lost interest rather quickly. The game is stunning, and esp. the weather effects are something else entirely, but the fun factor of FH was just not there, not by a long shot. I also hated how ... well, narrow the game played, e.g. by how it handled you going off track ever so slightly. FH also had an upbeat feel about, with the music and the (kinda annoying to be honest^^) promoter and stuff. It was a bit silly at times, I totally admit, but I'll be damned if it was not FUN. Racing a fighting jet or friggin train is just cool - no two ways about that in my book.

I actually even came around on the main series games after that. Those are also a joy to drive, but I will say this: if you want to enjoy the main series game, GET a driving wheel at all costs. FH plays great with controller, esp. with the X1 controller and its 'Force-Feedback-Triggers' (which add surprisingly much to the experience and level of control you can exert), but Forza .... man Forza is just build for a racing wheel.

FH is really hard with the wheel, esp. when going off-road, but in Forza you're always on the track and it's all about precision there, and with the excellent FFB implementation in Forza for racing wheels, its full control paired with full immersion all the time ... Most of the time, I have to stop playing at some point, because my hands hurt from gripping my steering wheel way too tight. Its that kind of gaming experience - no kidding, it really absorbs me utterly, like few games do.

FH is a more laid-back experience in comparison to that, certainly when playing with a controller. As far as any sim or simcade (which I find describes FH rather well), I cannot imagine going back to anything else after having really gotten in the Forza series. It's the best thing Microsoft has right now, well, maybe it's also the only thing they really have (with Halo and Gears being somewhat 'meh' to me really), but boy .. is it good. Sony has nothing to compete from what I can tell, and that was and is enough for me to have an X1 - there are fun games on the system, but without Forza, and after Phantom Dust and Scalebound were cancelled, I would have probably gotten rid of it. No more though, no more. I'll keep it around for ever, or at least until I have replacement "Forza-system" in place, becaues as you say, the replayability on these games is virtually unlimited. The driving is fun, there is an incredible amount of things to drive and place to drive them, with different weather effects layered over them (I love driving in the rain in new Forza games, as those ridiculous "3D-Puddles" really are a whole individual layer of challenge then), that you can race basically forever

If a game on the Switch came even close to FH, I'd be all over it. Having that on the go would be insane. I hope Gear Club can do this, but I'm sceptical to say the least - not just for this game, but really any other who might try. If it were that easy, it would have been done already. And it's not for a lack of trying either with GT, DC, Project Cars and several others (although Dirt Rally is great, different ballgame though).

/rant over

@Windy Get Ironcast Windy! Trust me, its the best rogue-like and best "match-3" (well, at heart at least ^^) game on the system. It's also really challenging and full of tactical depth. I cannot recommend it enough. I had it on two systems already, and I did not hesitate to pick it up again.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

rallydefault

@Ralek85
Ah, yes - Lost Odyssey! Excellent, excellent RPG. I echo your sentiments: if anybody out there is looking for a deep RPG to really sink some time into, it's a good choice.

rallydefault

Ralek85

@rallydefault Glad to meet a fellow fan. The game is widely underrated or, more to the point, widely unrecognized. Also, it runs even better on X1 than it did on 360, so ... now is the time to get on board

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Windy

I enjoyed the Tokyo Drift series on PS2 which I can still hook up and play. Most of my racing lately has been Asphalt 3d on 3ds and F1 2011 on 3DS. The F1 game has online play for up to 4 players. I have a few friends I race with on that. I would love something great soon as those games were good but not great.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

Windy

Btw guys I have wanted to get an old school type PenPal preferably in England or Europe with someone who writes English. And yes I'm talking about writing a proper letter, putting it in an envelope and mailing it lol. I'm 52 and would love to get a PenPal again. Maybe even get a long distance friend for the rest of my life. If interested here are my details.

James Alexander
7628 Amato Ave
Las Vegas NV 89128

Would prefer a Male PenPal 25+ in England or somewhere in Europe or Japan. I wouldn't mind a female PenPal either but my wife might not like that so much. Anyway , if your interested just drop me a letter and get the ball rolling. I think it will be fun. I haven't written letters on paper to anyone in like 30 years or so. Heck just a postcard to get the ball rolling would be fun.

Edited on by Windy

electrolite77

@Ralek85

"the three (!) Forza Horizon games, plus their excellent themed addon, you can play on that system, are absoutely worth the money all by themselves"

Plus infinity for this. Properly brilliant games.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Windy

@Old_Goat_Ninja yeah I definitely need to get a PS4. I do have a major backlog of RPG's dating back to PS2 so really I should get to my backlog lol. I have tons of backlog on 3ds so I'm good to go for probably years.

If you have an Android system you can play Gear.Club now which I think is due out in September on Switch.

Edited on by Windy

Bunkerneath

@Lumine Sorry not old enough, 21 is not adult nowadays

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

StuTwo

I hardly get to spend much time online - the demands of having a baby and toddler dictate that when I gotta go I gotta go and that's not particularly compatible with committing to even 5 minutes where I don't need to suddenly run away.

My friend code is SW-6338-4534-2507 though if anyone wants to add me. I'm not the best at Splatoon (but then I suppose since you're just as likely to be on the opposing team that's probably for the best!).

Out of interest has anyone here in the UK ever gone to a Nintendo Players UK (formerly Streetpass UK) meet up? I would never have been interested in the past (not having a 3DS) but the thing holding me back now we're in the epoch of the Switch is thinking it might be weird if I turned up and it was mostly teenagers.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

StuTwo

@Lumine But you probably can't even remember when all of this "world wide web" was dial up connections and "ate my balls" websites.

At 21 you're probably too young to even know who Al Gore was (he was only the inventor of the thing you're posting on right now!)

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

erv

lol @StuTwo - @Lumine more nintendolife additions are always welcome so feel free to add me back, if I'm not sooner.

I'm not sure if I have all the regular nlife players in my friend list now, so will have to double check as I don't remember the differences between the names here and the ones in real game.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Old_Goat_Ninja

@Bunkerneath Hahahahahaha

@Lumine I vaguely remember being 21. Vaguely. I've been older than 21 longer than you've been alive

Old_Goat_Ninja

@StuTwo we didn't even have the internet when I started computer gaming. Junior year in HS I was in an ROP computer class (double length class off site). Senior year I was the teachers assistant in same class, and sysop of the website for that class. Anyone remember those, sysop?! You had to dial that computer directly to get into that system. Good times. Computer games were just words haha.

EDIT: I take that back. We did have computer games with graphics. I didn't play those at class though, just home. Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, etc. Man, I'd love to be able to play those again.

Edited on by Old_Goat_Ninja

electrolite77

Gonna get around to adding some you fellow veterans (and the 21-year-old whippersnapper!) later on. Nice to find a group where, at 40 and a gamer since getting an Amstrad CPC for Christmas 1988, I'm not old enough to be everyone's Dad....

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Krull

@electrolite77 Nice to see a fellow Amstrad alumnus! My CPC 464 introduced me to RPGs via The Bard's Tale - happy days! I've added a few more of you "adult gamers" from this thread, just in case you see my name pop up. Don't worry - I won't be offended if anyone says no.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Bunkerneath

Meh, give me a Commodore 64 any day of the year over any Amstrad

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Krull

Bunkerneath wrote:

Meh, give me a Commodore 64 any day of the year over any Amstrad

TBF, I didn't have much choice in the matter! No doubt that the C64 was a better machine, and better supported as it was more widely sold around the world, but it wasn't my money being spent in the 1980s. That said, the Amstrad CPC 464 sales made it a genuine rival to the C64 in the UK, so it was pretty well supported. And we had more colours! Let's not talk about frame rates and sound chips...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic