Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,648

Windy

@Samus7Killer oh don't kill me lol even though MarioKart is huge and Awesome for a worldwide audience. I'm not a huge fan. I'm just very Picky in my old age. My kids are all moved out so it's just me and my wife and she doesn't play. I think I'm just picky

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Fandabidozi

@Windy
That's kinda cool that you realised Switch wasn't for you and moved on quickly. Some people would carry on regardless as they'd emotionally invested in a new system.
I'd be tempted to sell my PS4 if it wasn't for Uncharted. I see sales on PS4 and there is absolutely nothing I'm interested in playing.

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

I mostly play my PS4 so I could see myself selling of Switch if it wasn't for the few Nintendo IPs that are enslaved to Nintendo hardware. My Switch gets very little play compared to my PS4 and WiiU.

Samus7Killer

Old_Goat_Ninja

@Windy Makes sense. I'm not into all the funky games on the Switch either, like Splatoon, Arms, etc. I bought the Switch almost exclusively for Zelda, and have Mario Kart and Minecraft because well, why not, since I have the Switch. I am looking forward to Super Mario Odyssey, but after that, there's not any games coming out for it I'm looking forward too. So just a small collection of games for my Switch. I may sell after Odyssey too. Who knows. I'm actually more excited about Metroid for 3DS than any other Nintendo game haha.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

Samus7Killer

i won't sell my Switch since selling consoles goes against my DNA... But I could see my Switch going back in it's zipper case after i 100% Mario and Sonics. the wait for Metroid Prime 4 might be a few years, but certain WiiU ports could unearth my Switch like Smash, Bayonettas, etc.
I'm a very picky gamer as I get older.

Samus7Killer

Old_Goat_Ninja

@Samus7Killer Yeah. I always say stuff like "I may sell too", but I've never actually sold a console before. They sit into oblivion.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

Samus7Killer

@Old_Goat_Ninja i would rather clean them up and wrap them in plastic and put them back into their nice carboard coffins they came with than sell them for a few bucks.
I recently did this with my PS3 and one day ill get the nostalgia to play a few of the old games on it eventually...

Samus7Killer

resi77

Are you meant to hear the rumble noise on joy cons playing mario Kingdom battle i know im off topic Take care everyone. Started playing console games from ps2 and gamecube era. 51 now

resi77

Windy

Well I do love my 3DS and pretty much play something on that everyday or every other day. One thing about 3DS there is always something to satisfy. I have found lately I have a huge appreciation of still having a Wii. I have long ago beaten Last Story but gosh what a Brilliant game. Time is making Last story look bad but what fun it still is. I have every RPG released on Wii which sure isnt much but they were fun when they came to us. Im not going to miss the Switch much I dont think. After the Zelda Game I was just so Disappointed. For the future I have plenty to keep me going and can always pick up a cheapy on Ebay or at the Gamestop bargain rack.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

Windy

@Samus7Killer im sure it would be agreat idea? If I do that i definately would want to get one before they start shutting down online services. I also hear that you dont even need the Tablet screen anymore. If you have a pro controller and a wii-U your set to go. Maybe I will find that combo and jump in if Dragon Quest X was up and running on the Wii-U I would be playing that now.

Im having more fun on the original Wii than I ever have had. Cant explain it but even going off my gaming path and playing NBA 2k10 which is Awesome, going Though Last Story Which is awesome, playing Sengoku Basara for the first and realising how shockingly good it is, playing Samurai warriors III and discovering what a great classic that game is, I will also be pulling Xenoblade Chronicles and starting completely over. I have A Boy and His blob on the way im sure its great and cant wait. I could go on with awesome game experiences for Wii but the fact is......its still great enough to entertain and right now , with the right games could be more entertaining than the Switch. Sad but true.

I dont want to badmouth the Switch one bit. Because for families who like Multiplayer Mario, Squids, and arms with a real good version of Pokken Tournament its an absolutely awesome system to that family. Over the next couple years the Switch will get an identity. Personally I hope in 2 years it has exactly the kind of games my picky old butt likes. I probably wont buy unless my health takes a better turn. But I hope it does. That will be all lol if anyone would like to play Mario Golf on 3DS let me know. Would love to play

Edited on by Windy

Davideodj

Hey ppl! Lol totally loving my switch...loved ps but this business of taking my games with me....it's great. Add me! I'm not sure how to add my gamer code. So I'll leave it here.... 7009-3899-9579 . I've broke the bank pretty much buying every game that looks Worthy. Lol except Splatoon...some of these comments makes me think I should have. I enjoy the social part of gaming. No voice necessary as I mostly get to play at work. Lol but I'd like some interest friends to play with.

Davideodj

JasmineDragon

@Davideodj Welcome to the grownup table! I would recommend checking Spla2oon out. I didn't think I would like it as much as I have, but it's come to be one of my favorite games on any platform. It's literally "the shooter for people who don't like shooters", not that you can't like it if you DO like shooters of course.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

erv

@JasmineDragon you're not the first to share this sentiment in my case. I've always liked shooters from the get go and I like splatoon a lot, the funny thing is that long time gamers that weren't that much of a shooter fan seemed to be quite attracted to it as well. It's kinda unique in that sense too

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

StuTwo

@erv I think it's because shooting accuracy is not as highly valued and even someone who "misses" the target is still contributing. No K/D ratio on the results screen to make you feel bad either (and whatever results are displayed disappear within a few seconds anyway).

I also love that the game doesn't allow you to be kerb stomped time and time again. You might lose a few games but then you'll win a few but you won't consistently come across co-ordinated teams in Turf Wars because the mode doesn't let you organise teams.

I can't remember which game or which developer it was but I know one of them said that they had statistics which said if a players first experience of playing others online was a bad one where they were "picked on" then a very high majority would never enter the online mode again.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

andykara2003

Any Mario Tennis fans here? I'm old (46), love the series & am looking for oldies to play with when Aces comes out

Edited on by andykara2003

Switch friend code : SW-2186-1426-3518

Nintendo Network ID: Andykara2003

Ralek85

@andykara2003 It'll depend on how good Aces will turn out to be, and whether I can find the free time to play it online, but as an old hand at Virtua Tennis (prime reason for my PS3 to still be plugged-in), I'm definitely interested.

So far, I've played virtually nothing on the Switch online to be honest though. Given the single-player content with absolute time-killers like Zelda and Xenoblade it was just not possible. Things might slow down till spring, when Aces supposedly launches, hence I'd say there is a good chance, I'd be up for a match here an there.

You can find my FC down below. Feel free to add me, if you don't already have!

Edited on by Ralek85

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Mips

@Ralek85 Excellent thanks I'll add you now. I absolutely love Virtual tennis as well, I might have to get my PS3 copy out.

Edited on by Mips

Mips

Ralek85

@Mips The more the merrier

It's kinda insane to me that there hasn't been a new VT or anything compareable since 2011. I get that tennis isn't basketball, soccer, football or even golf (apparently), but still, it's a major sport and it lends itself really well to videogames imho. A new VT game would be a dream come true. Hell, at this point, I'd be even happy about a Switch port of VT4 - maybe with some minor upgrades and additions here and there.

In addition I would REALLY love to see the folks behind Golf Story (amazing game, if you haven't checked it out yet) to tackle tennis next, because I had a really fun time with Golf Story, and unlike tennis, I'm not even into golf in any particular way, shape or form.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Mips

I'm really tempted to try Golf story, sounds great. I know, no one seems to want to bring out an arcade tennis game these days. Ultra smash was not too great & im not so into the more sim like games. Here's hoping they do a good job with aces. I just want pure tennis with no gimmicks - I hated the mega mushroom mechanic in ultra smash.

Mips

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic