Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 70,001

Octane

@FragRed I think they're waiting for the NX to reveal itself.

Octane

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

@FragRed I think they're waiting for the NX to reveal itself.

Maybe there is a hidden ARG that will unfold over time but no one has found it yet!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@MarcelRguez Hyping up a Mario runner is much easier than hyping up a new console because of just how many people own iOS devices. Compared to iOS, Nintendo's consoles are a tiny dot on a radar.

I don't expect them to "beat the iPhone", that's not going to happen. It's more a case of them riding the wave of hype generated by the mobile game announcement. Kinda like how interest in the 3DS and in particular the Pokemon games jumped after the success of Pokemon Go. It's in Nintendo's interest to make people connect the dots between the NX and their mobile releases.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

@skywake 3DS has been around for years and is pretty cheap now though. The ability to buy straight away helps the situation a lot whereas with NX you're waiting at least 6 months for anything. Hype caused in September could easily fade by March especially if the internet tears the console apart like they did the Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano The later Nintendo waits to reveal the NX, the more people will expect something bigger and more amazing only to be greatly let down and disappointed at the official showing.

That's one reason Sony's conference last night disappointed so many - Sony waited so long to reveal the next iterations of their consoles that everyone knew was coming.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Well I think Nintendo waited too long anyway especially with its existence teased nearly 18 months ago so I'd imagine the expectations are too high even now hence it doesn't really matter when they reveal it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@FragRed To be fair, the presentation itself was a bit on the boring side. The hardware didn't disappoint, it was exactly what we knew it was going to be. Although that did damper the surprise a bit. Mark Cerny, I love the guy, but when he gives us a 30 minute history lesson on 4K TVs, then yeah, I can understand why people were a bit bored. The reveal in Asia was a lot more spectacular. And if TGS wasn't coming next week, I'm sure they would've thrown a couple of games in there to get people talking about the event. Unfortunate timing, leaks and the pretty ''formal'' style of the conference were the things that made it less exciting than it could've been.

I'd say that it's more a question of how much more NX leaks we'll get, and how Nintendo will handle the reveal. It can go either way TBH.

Octane

Samurai_Goroh

@Grumblevolcano The internet didn't tear the Wii U apart. The Wii U was the wrong product to the times we live in to begin with. Its Nintendo's fault, they failed to understand what each audience wanted, they failed to turn it into a desirable product, they failed to explain the product they had, they failed to supply it with a steady pipeline of games.... not a bunch of whiny teenagers on the Web.

The Xbox One was butchered like a cow in the slaughterhouse online from the reveal to its release, but Microsoft managed to turn it around. They listened to some of the criticism and reacted accordingly.

Samurai_Goroh

Monkey_Balls

Just wondering... How many of the recently announced 3DS games (Pikmin, Mario Maker, Yoshi, etc) were leaked? What about the NES Mini or Super Mario Run? I may be wrong but I can't recall any leaks.

I'm starting to think all the so-called leakers know as much as anybody else. Nothing. The NX could be something completely different to what people are expecting.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

TuVictus

I sure hope so, because the current "leaks" are not something I'm fond of.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Monkey_Balls It could be that the leakers only asked their sources about NX stuff because they didn't care about the other stuff. I mean for example the Nintendo community's reaction to the 3DS Direct in general was "Announce NX already!".

Grumblevolcano

Nonno_Umby

Calling it now: tomorrow Nintendo will announce the date for the NX reveal, which will be next week. At least this is my (wishfull) guess.

Nonno_Umby

WebHead

so the fire emblem and animal crossing apps got delayed. im expected to believe nx will have a steady stream of games when they cant even release phone apps on time?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead Well Miitomo was delayed as well, and their fifth probably is too, as I don't expect that to launch before March 2017, when FE and AC are delayed as well. On the other hand, what game hasn't been delayed this generation? Almost feels like the norm these days.

Octane

Nonno_Umby

@Octane Nah, probably a few days before. TGS starts on the 15th, right? It may be from the 12th to the 14th.

Nonno_Umby

WebHead

@Octane even mynintendo, the barebones digital coupon program, got delayed. and im supposed to believe nx will have a better release schedule?

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Nintendo has confirmed the 5th game will be released after March 2017.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano cosidering 2 of them got delayed to early next year the odds of app 5 releasing by then are slim

WebHead

Octane

@Nonno_Umby I'm not expecting an NX reveal before TGS. They would've combined the two if that was the case. Or you know, playable NX demos at TGS. Not a weird idea for a system that's coming out in a couple of months.

@WebHead I don't know what to think at the moment. I'd like to wait and see how they handle the reveal, that should tell us more. But no, I don't think Nintendo has changed a lot, they're still the same. If they only have to develop for one system, their output may grow, but I'm not expecting twice the amount of games. They're taking resources away from Wii U to develop for NX, but where will they take resources from when we're heading into the second year of NX? Launch will probably decent, then we will probably go back to the usual routine.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic