Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 70,082

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead I already said, Nintendo's already confirmed the 5th one is delayed (i.e. after March 2017).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano and miitomo was supposed to be out by end of 2015. SMR is the only mobile app thatll release on time.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

Well, two apps might have been delayed, but a 3rd was announced and is coming soon. I don't see that as quiet that bad, but I understand and agree with what @WebHead is saying

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nonno_Umby

@Octane After the presentation they could say something like "you will be able to try the new NX at TGS tomorrow". It would actually be a smart way to increase hype.

Edited on by Nonno_Umby

Nonno_Umby

WebHead

@DefHalan technically 4 actually. miitomo was delayed and the fifth app clearly isnt goibg to be out before the end of the fiscal year.

WebHead

FragRed

@Nonno_Umby Well one problem is that Nintendo aren't attending TGS this year. Nor do I imagine they have a bunch of NX systems sitting ready for playing just yet.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DefHalan

@WebHead Miitomo wasn't really affected by all this NX stuff in my mind, and the 5th app hasn't been "announced" so I am not counting that. The delay could be for so many reasons. So I am not worried about those delays but it is difficult to believe a machine more powerful than the Wii U (according to rumors) will have better support than the Wii U, when we are seeing delays for mobile games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nonno_Umby

@FragRed They never attended it before, if that counts. But that didn't stop other developers to show games on their system at TGS. They could show Dragon Quest X and XI, for istance.
I totally think they have usable NX units. The console will launch in 6 months, it may being already mass-produced for what we know.

Nonno_Umby

WebHead

@DefHalan yeah that was basically my earlier point with mentioning them.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

WebHead wrote:

@Grumblevolcano and miitomo was supposed to be out by end of 2015. SMR is the only mobile app thatll release on time.

Exactly but we don't need to speculate something that's already fact like my previous posts said.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

I think they said that the AC and FE mobile games were delayed so that they were launched after Super Mario Run. So the delay is for logistical reasons.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Monkey_Balls

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Monkey_Balls It could be that the leakers only asked their sources about NX stuff because they didn't care about the other stuff. I mean for example the Nintendo community's reaction to the 3DS Direct in general was "Announce NX already!".

Yeah, you're probably right. I just find it interesting that Nintendo keep announcing things we had no clue about but people seem to know details about NX. With everyone desperate for NX news, I was just wondering how many leaks are made up to get likes/clicks.

Also, with every official piece of news we receive I'm not so convinced the NX is a portable any more (or primarily a portable), especially with the 3DS getting many Wii U ports, plus 3DS and NX getting several Dragon Quest games each.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

MarcelRguez

@Monkey_Balls You should read the comments on this thread after the direct. Personally, I don't think the games mean anything. The 3DS not getting that many original titles anymore might actually prove the opposite.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Monkey_Balls

@MarcelRguez I can see your point but of the 3DS and Wii U it's the latter with the longer game drought and less focus. The Wii U is clearly being killed off while 3DS has been receiving a steady stream of games with more coming in 2017. When the NX was initially announced 3DS sales were still strong while Wii U was already flagging (plus the New 3DS was released <6 months before). Both the 3DS and Wii U are likely to be replaced at some point but surely of the two it'll be the Wii U first?

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

faint

@TomJ actually I think color splash will do well. It has Mario on the cover so it should break 1,000,000 lifetime.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Octane

@faint Mario Tennis Ultra Smash says hi.

Anyway, I'm not sure that it'll break a million, but I am sure that the NX reveal won't matter a lot. Most of the Wii U userbase are dedicated Nintendo fans, those who were planning to get Color Splash will do so regardless of an NX announcement. Just because the NX arrives in March, doesn't mean people won't buy any games for the Wii U anymore.

Octane

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@skywake 3DS has been around for years and is pretty cheap now though. The ability to buy straight away helps the situation a lot whereas with NX you're waiting at least 6 months for anything. Hype caused in September could easily fade by March especially if the internet tears the console apart like they did the Wii U.

I didn't say that the hype would last until the NX itself. I said that they should announce the NX itself while there's this general interest around Nintendo. The more eyes they can get on Nintendo when they first talk about the NX the better.

I use this example all the time but it's worth repeating. Before E3 2006 when the Wii was shown? I had lost interest in Nintendo entirely. But then they started building up hype for New SMB and the DS Lite. Mario Kart DS was out, Brain Age wasn't a phenomenon yet. But I'd seen enough from my friends that I then planned to get the DS Lite when it came out. So at that point I was already searching for more info about Nintendo stuff. So of course I watched their 2006 show at E3....

.... so of course I told everyone I knew to get a Wii (not that it was a hard sell)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Bluefiregamer

Still think the NX is a home console with the HH part coming later on. The Wii U needs replaced more than the 3ds does especially since the 3ds is getting a new Pokemon game soon. They can ride that wave for a bit.

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

FragRed

@AlternateButtons If Nintendo reveals the NX next week then they need to announce it today to give enough time to make sure everyone knows and is hyped!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Samurai_Goroh

@FragRed They could announce it in a Direct, and give just one or two days notice. Not saying they should, but it might just happen.
Well, after the Apple conference they gathered mainstream press attention so it would be heavily reported if it happened next week, no matter what.
I'd still prefer a live event to showcase the console, but alas we may not be that lucky.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic