Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,969

Splat

Spoiler

The real Sin Cara and the fake Sin Cara are going to start feuding.

I'm really glad WWE is doing this after the way this whole thing was handled this was the only reasonable way to go IMO.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

kkslider5552000

Normally I would hate spoilers (seriously, we need a better system, one bolded word is far from enough) but, that was the only way this story was worthwhile or made any sense or wouldn't lose the WWE lots of money.

It's been built pretty well actually without being random or constantly making it obvious to even the youngest marks. Honestly, it's probably my favorite story in the WWE outside of Miz and R-truth and everything CM Punk related.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilRegal

Well, Cena is WWE Champion... AGAIN. CM Punk gets screwed over and loses... AGAIN (so much for any main eventer momentum he may've had two months ago). I think I'll find a different way of spending my Monday nights. Antiques Roadshow sounds appealing! It is interesting to see that Mark Henry, one of those you never quite see make it to the top, is now World Champion.

btw, I have nothing against Triple H. He's one of my all time favs! After all, he is The Game. He was mentored by the greatest ever IMO, Ric Flair. And he's been in two movies with my Goddess, Parker Posey. But, just when it looked like WWE was finally giving the push to Punk has deserved to make him a megastar, they have him jobbing to his last several opponents, Del Rio, Cena and now Triple H. Makes his pipe bomb look more like a cherry bomb.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

the_shpydar

Mark Henry winning the title = Awesome. I hope they let him run with it for a good long time, and just demolish all challengers.

But all the rest = meh. I'm not surprised by any of it, but still, ugh. Even Kelly Kelly won.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Well, Cena is WWE Champion... AGAIN. CM Punk gets screwed over and loses... AGAIN (so much for any main eventer momentum he may've had two months ago). I think I'll find a different way of spending my Monday nights. Antiques Roadshow sounds appealing! It is interesting to see that Mark Henry, one of those you never quite see make it to the top, is now World Champion.

btw, I have nothing against Triple H. He's one of my all time favs! After all, he is The Game. He was mentored by the greatest ever IMO, Ric Flair. And he's been in two movies with my Goddess, Parker Posey. But, just when it looked like WWE was finally giving the push to Punk has deserved to make him a megastar, they have him jobbing to his last several opponents, Del Rio, Cena and now Triple H. Makes his pipe bomb look more like a cherry bomb.

it'll be funny when you're watching Raw on Monday, just like every other person who complains on the internet

I can defend the Punk one. He never lost clean, HE KICKED OUT OF THE PEDIGREE and his best work is on the mic. It'd be like complaining the Rock lost a lot of matches. Who cares, he'll be fine.

Cena winning sucks though. Hell, Mark Henry does too because I'm sick of the title changes, make them stop. Del Rio will win it back in HIAC because WWE is stupid and still thinks title changes interest anyone anymore...every 2 weeks.

Splat

I can not put in to words how sick I am of Cena being champ. The guys act is so freaking stale. I really really hope he turns heel at WM so we at least get something different.

Also Kelly Kelly is a joke and you just know Orton is going to win back the title at the next PPV...

As for the CM Punk thing I'm willing to see how it play outs.

Splat

Splat wrote:

As for the CM Punk thing I'm willing to see how it play outs.

I'm not impressed.

the_shpydar

... and cue the countdown for the arrival of a Nash-Miz-Truth nWo-type faction ...

Meanwhile, Hugh Jackman + Zack Ryder = Awesome fun segment. I can't wait to see what Zack has to say about it on his YouTube show this week.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

EvilRegal

the_shpydar wrote:

... and cue the countdown for the arrival of a Nash-Miz-Truth nWo-type faction ...

Meanwhile, Hugh Jackman + Zack Ryder = Awesome fun segment. I can't wait to see what Zack has to say about it on his YouTube show this week.

Hadn't thought of it, but yeah, you're right. Something like that will ruin the triple threat match for the title (and allow Hulk Cena to retain, of course) and lay the groundwork for a big (honestly, pointless) face vs. heel Survivor Series match.

If that's the direction of things, with the WWE Champion involved and not making a regular title defense, they need to up the stakes to make it somewhat interesting. If the WWE Champion gets pinned or submits during the Survivor Series match, he loses the title to the person who beat him. And then if that person is pinned or submits during the rest of the match, he loses the title as well. So, you'd have no way of knowing who'd be champion at the end of the match! That would be a true Survivor Series main event in my book, where there's actually something tangible on the line.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

RoryLee

Does anyone on this forum watch TNA Wrestling? I'd like to chat about it on NL, but I don't see too many post or any for that matter about TNA.

Do you guys/gals watch any wrestling videos on Youtube? There is a user that goes by the name Suicidal Dragon, and he posts some really good clips of wrestling.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

the_shpydar

I watch TNA regularly, and i actually like it better than WWE (even if WWE is obviously the "better" product). I'm an old WCW fan (back during the Monday Night Wars, i actually used to write a weekly WCW Nitro-focused column on a now-departed wrestling site), and TNA kind of scratches that WCW-style itch (lol, for better or worse). TNA has dropped quite a bit in quality over the last few years unfortunately, but i still make a point to follow it.

Don't really watch too much wrestling on YouTube (lol, Ryder's show doesn't count), aside from maybe an occasional match or if i'm looking for something specific (or need a Daffney-fix that my dvds can't cure ).

I'm also a big fan of Shimmer (ROH's "sister" promotion), which i've probably mentioned a few dozen times through this thread. I actually just got Volume 37 and 38 in the mail this past week. Great stuff.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

TNA has a very talented roster with no idea what so ever how to use it. They refuse to push that great young talent and instead you got guys who should have retired years ago hogging up the spot light.

Before they brought in Hogan and Bischoff I felt they were building some momentum but now I find it hard to watch.

kkslider5552000

Splat wrote:

Before they brought in Hogan and Bischoff I felt they were building some momentum but now I find it hard to watch.

yeah WWE was really bad in late 2009 but TNA was great. Much simpler storylines with some Russo spins on things instead of just one big COMPLICATED CONFUSING SWERVE WORKED SHOOT yet completely predictable nonsense show.

btw: has anyone heard about the Wrestling Revolution Project? I've never gotten into indy wrestling despite trying to several times, but as someone that loves good, linear storylines, it really appeals to me from what I've heard of it and it's gonna have a lot of great talent.

RoryLee

I really like the segments between Sting, Hogan and Ric Flair. I don't really care who is in the spotlight just as long as they can put on a good show, and Sting and Flair have been doing a real good job of that. And the X Division is has been getting alot of attention lately, which is always a good thing. The thing that annoys me the most is Velvet Sky, she gets too much TV time and I really cant stand to watch her wrestle. Other than her, the knockouts have a really good womens division.

@KK
I've heard of the Wrestling Revolution Project but I dont know a whole lot of what is going on. I would love to watch some Indy shows, but they dont have nothing like that on my cable network. The only thing I usually catch is CMLL or Triple A sometimes when I go to the lakes because the parents-in-law have satellite.

the_shpydar

I've also heard a bit about the Wrestling Revolution project, but not much beyond seeing them putting together a pretty strong roster of young and up-and-coming talent.

I'm glad that TNA is seeming to get behind the X Division again, but it is really sad to look back just a few years ago and compare what it is now to the greatness that it once was. Same with the women's division, unfortunately. I am totally glad they have Winter high up in the mix though; she is awesome. I don't mind Velvet, though i do prefer her in a more scaled back role. That being said, even though she's probably the weakest on the roster as far as in-ring skill, she's still light years ahead of every woman in WWE not named Beth or Natalya.

I also like checking out CMLL and AAA, which air here on various spanish-language stations on Saturdays and Sundays. A lot of good action, and it really says something that I can still follow the storylines and feuds despite a very limited spanish-knowledge.

The Shpydarloggery

RoryLee

Who is everyones favorite wrestler?
My top 2 are AJ Styles and Sting. I like Sting because he is a great entertainer, wrestler and does a really great job on his promos. I like that everytime he talks you can tell how passionate he is about the business, and that he is loyal to the company that he's in.
I remember seeing AJ Styles in WCW and the matches that he had were awesome. He was the main reason that I started to watch TNA, and Ive been a fan of it since then. He may not be the best at promos but the main reason I watch wrestling is for wrestling, and AJ is one of the best.

y2josh

Ever: Mick Foley
Current: CM Punk

y2josh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic