General Discussion Forum

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,215

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

521. Posted:

yes, WWE should end the gimmick that is selling tons of masks despite being in the midcard on the B show.

oh btw how about that "new" buyrate for MITB. Apparently MITB 2011 now did worse than Capitol Punishment. Also, in 2 weeks Okamiden sold better than Ace Attorney Investigations!

explosion oh cmon, I just fixed the sarcasm meter yesterday!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

y2josh

522. Posted:

The Rock said this via Twitter :)

"The build to Wrestlemania 28 will be like nothing the world has ever seen before. The match itself will be historic. I didn't come back to the WWE to become champion again. I came back for these reasons: entertain the fans like no-one else can. Elevate the WWE to new heights never seen before. Challenge and mentor some of the younger talent. Give the millions what they want which is to kick John Cena's f'n ass."

I hope this is good :)

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Splat

523. Posted:

By back does he mean never being on Raw or SD?

The Rock is the man and all but don't come back and say "I'm back and never leaving again" and then leave...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

y2josh

524. Posted:

It's true he shouldn't have said he was back to stay and leave the next week, but all the hate the John Cena is about to receive in the coming months is going to make me very happy.

AuthorMessage

Splat

525. Posted:

I once said CM Punk could put on a good match with anyone but I'm not even sure Punk can carry Nash.

AuthorMessage

Splat

526. Posted:

Don't forget there is a special live SD on tonight.

Edited on by Splat

AuthorMessage

Splat

527. Posted:

HHH and Punk could go back and forth talking for two hours and I would watch every second of it just gold...

AuthorMessage

y2josh

528. Posted:

Splat wrote:

HHH and Punk could go back and forth talking for two hours and I would watch every second of it just gold...

I agree, loved that segment.

AuthorMessage

Splat

529. Posted:

I kinda feel like the HHH and Punk match is rushed but at the same time Nash has no business being in a match on Raw let alone a PPV.

Outside of a Punk and Del Rio feud I don't know what else they could have done?

AuthorMessage

y2josh

530. Posted:

They shouldn't have ended the Punk/Cena feud. That was the most exciting thing that had happened in forever and they just took it away. Or at least they could have just added ADR to it. I don't see why the brought in Nash. It's been a good way to take some of the Punk thunder away. It's not been that great of a war of words the last few weeks. Nash needs to go play golf or something.

Edited on by y2josh

AuthorMessage

Splat

531. Posted:

They had to stop the Punk/Cena feud to many fans started siding with Punk and they can't have that...

AuthorMessage

Splat

532. Posted:

So it might be just a work but WWE is saying they really did let Nash go?

If that is true WWE really dropped the ball. I'm not a Nash fan by any means but you built this whole story line around him and for what?

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

533. Posted:

I think the Nash release being announced on the website is a work to play into whatever angle they're working with Nash and Johnny Ace's secret discussions. If i thought the creative team actually planned big storylines in advance rather than just booking on the fly, then i'd think they were setting up a long-term angle with Johnny Ace using Nash to oust HHH from power and take over, leading ultimately to an eventual triumphant return by Vinnie Mac shortly before Wrestlemania. But given the way they book these days, that's probably not where they're going with it, or even if they are they'll hot-shot it and move on to something else next month.

On another note, so awesome that they gave Zack Ryder mad love on Raw with the vid package and tag match with The King. Though i would prefer if they actually worked to get Ryder over by having him in an actual program, rather than just try to cash in on cult following fame by throwing him on TV with no real set-up beyond "Hey, other people really like this guy, you should too!"

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

534. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

I think the Nash release being announced on the website is a work to play into whatever angle they're working with Nash and Johnny Ace's secret discussions. If i thought the creative team actually planned big storylines in advance rather than just booking on the fly, then i'd think they were setting up a long-term angle with Johnny Ace using Nash to oust HHH from power and take over, leading ultimately to an eventual triumphant return by Vinnie Mac shortly before Wrestlemania.

That is a shame if Kevin Nash is released but it wouldnt surprise me the way WWE has been the last few months. Although that Angle wouldnt be too bad if they did use it Shpydar. Kinda reminds me about 10 years ago when Vince and Flair were fighting over control of the WWE and Flair won total control and Vince brought in Nash, Hall, and Hogan as the NWO. If it wasnt already done I'd say they could do that again minus Hogan of course.

Also I read that the reason for Sin Cara's heel turn last week is because the guy that has been Sin Cara since the original one was suspended is now officially Sin Cara.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

535. Posted:

Well I am really disgusted with WWE now. According to Kevin Nash's Twitter page he has indeed been released from WWE cause they couldnt work out a payment deal. WTF. THis is so stupid now I wish there was a really wrestling company now instead of WWE or TNA they both are getting too stupid now. They both need a company like ECW or WCW did in the 90's to come in and scare the s*** out of them and create some really competition.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

536. Posted:

After what Nash has done backstage through the years I'm honestly surprised people are upset that he was released.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

537. Posted:

I think i'm less bothered about him being released (again, assuming his release is legit, which i'm still in doubt about — Nash is well known for working kayfabe, so his tweet might be part of that) as i am about wondering what the hell they brought him in for in the first place. They bring him in to move Punk away from the title scene, have a little mystery ("Who texted Nash?") resolved in the stupidest way possible, and then dump him. F'n pointless. Unending booking-on-the-fly just makes the whole product suffer, and WWE constantly stocking the creative team with people who have no previous experience in (or in some cases, even basic knowledge of) pro wrestling.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

538. Posted:

it'll be hilarious when all of your complaints are made invalid by whatever happens at the PPV

if nothing else, they'll find a way to keep the story awesome at least one more time (similar to Cena joining the Nexus last year)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

y2josh

539. Posted:

Kevin Nash and nWo at the ppv. Kevin Nash isn't released. It's a work people.

AuthorMessage

Splat

540. Posted:

George Clooney is rich,famous and dating Stacy Keibler.

Must be nice.