Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,959

Splat

HHH and Punk could go back and forth talking for two hours and I would watch every second of it just gold...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

y2josh

Splat wrote:

HHH and Punk could go back and forth talking for two hours and I would watch every second of it just gold...

I agree, loved that segment.

y2josh

Splat

I kinda feel like the HHH and Punk match is rushed but at the same time Nash has no business being in a match on Raw let alone a PPV.

Outside of a Punk and Del Rio feud I don't know what else they could have done?

y2josh

They shouldn't have ended the Punk/Cena feud. That was the most exciting thing that had happened in forever and they just took it away. Or at least they could have just added ADR to it. I don't see why the brought in Nash. It's been a good way to take some of the Punk thunder away. It's not been that great of a war of words the last few weeks. Nash needs to go play golf or something.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Splat

They had to stop the Punk/Cena feud to many fans started siding with Punk and they can't have that...

Splat

So it might be just a work but WWE is saying they really did let Nash go?

If that is true WWE really dropped the ball. I'm not a Nash fan by any means but you built this whole story line around him and for what?

the_shpydar

I think the Nash release being announced on the website is a work to play into whatever angle they're working with Nash and Johnny Ace's secret discussions. If i thought the creative team actually planned big storylines in advance rather than just booking on the fly, then i'd think they were setting up a long-term angle with Johnny Ace using Nash to oust HHH from power and take over, leading ultimately to an eventual triumphant return by Vinnie Mac shortly before Wrestlemania. But given the way they book these days, that's probably not where they're going with it, or even if they are they'll hot-shot it and move on to something else next month.

On another note, so awesome that they gave Zack Ryder mad love on Raw with the vid package and tag match with The King. Though i would prefer if they actually worked to get Ryder over by having him in an actual program, rather than just try to cash in on cult following fame by throwing him on TV with no real set-up beyond "Hey, other people really like this guy, you should too!"

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

I think the Nash release being announced on the website is a work to play into whatever angle they're working with Nash and Johnny Ace's secret discussions. If i thought the creative team actually planned big storylines in advance rather than just booking on the fly, then i'd think they were setting up a long-term angle with Johnny Ace using Nash to oust HHH from power and take over, leading ultimately to an eventual triumphant return by Vinnie Mac shortly before Wrestlemania.

That is a shame if Kevin Nash is released but it wouldnt surprise me the way WWE has been the last few months. Although that Angle wouldnt be too bad if they did use it Shpydar. Kinda reminds me about 10 years ago when Vince and Flair were fighting over control of the WWE and Flair won total control and Vince brought in Nash, Hall, and Hogan as the NWO. If it wasnt already done I'd say they could do that again minus Hogan of course.

Also I read that the reason for Sin Cara's heel turn last week is because the guy that has been Sin Cara since the original one was suspended is now officially Sin Cara.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Well I am really disgusted with WWE now. According to Kevin Nash's Twitter page he has indeed been released from WWE cause they couldnt work out a payment deal. WTF. THis is so stupid now I wish there was a really wrestling company now instead of WWE or TNA they both are getting too stupid now. They both need a company like ECW or WCW did in the 90's to come in and scare the s*** out of them and create some really competition.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

The_Fox

After what Nash has done backstage through the years I'm honestly surprised people are upset that he was released.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

the_shpydar

I think i'm less bothered about him being released (again, assuming his release is legit, which i'm still in doubt about — Nash is well known for working kayfabe, so his tweet might be part of that) as i am about wondering what the hell they brought him in for in the first place. They bring him in to move Punk away from the title scene, have a little mystery ("Who texted Nash?") resolved in the stupidest way possible, and then dump him. F'n pointless. Unending booking-on-the-fly just makes the whole product suffer, and WWE constantly stocking the creative team with people who have no previous experience in (or in some cases, even basic knowledge of) pro wrestling.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

it'll be hilarious when all of your complaints are made invalid by whatever happens at the PPV

if nothing else, they'll find a way to keep the story awesome at least one more time (similar to Cena joining the Nexus last year)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

y2josh

Kevin Nash and nWo at the ppv. Kevin Nash isn't released. It's a work people.

y2josh

Splat

George Clooney is rich,famous and dating Stacy Keibler.

Must be nice.

JayArr

Untitled

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

The_Fox

JayArr wrote:

Untitled

That may be the best gif of all time.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LzWinky

Oh wow. What the hell?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

EvilRegal

The_Fox wrote:

JayArr wrote:

Untitled

That may be the best gif of all time.

Sadly, once you've seen something, you can't unsee it. That'll "stick" with me for the rest of my days (yuck, yuck, yuck)! Caption for this pic: "Is that a kendo stick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"?

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

y2josh

JayArr wrote:

Untitled

This is how awesome wrestling is guys/girls!

y2josh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic