General Discussion Forum

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,274

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

561. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Before they brought in Hogan and Bischoff I felt they were building some momentum but now I find it hard to watch.

yeah WWE was really bad in late 2009 but TNA was great. Much simpler storylines with some Russo spins on things instead of just one big COMPLICATED CONFUSING SWERVE WORKED SHOOT yet completely predictable nonsense show.

btw: has anyone heard about the Wrestling Revolution Project? I've never gotten into indy wrestling despite trying to several times, but as someone that loves good, linear storylines, it really appeals to me from what I've heard of it and it's gonna have a lot of great talent.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

562. Posted:

I really like the segments between Sting, Hogan and Ric Flair. I don't really care who is in the spotlight just as long as they can put on a good show, and Sting and Flair have been doing a real good job of that. And the X Division is has been getting alot of attention lately, which is always a good thing. The thing that annoys me the most is Velvet Sky, she gets too much TV time and I really cant stand to watch her wrestle. Other than her, the knockouts have a really good womens division.

@KK
I've heard of the Wrestling Revolution Project but I dont know a whole lot of what is going on. I would love to watch some Indy shows, but they dont have nothing like that on my cable network. The only thing I usually catch is CMLL or Triple A sometimes when I go to the lakes because the parents-in-law have satellite.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

563. Posted:

I've also heard a bit about the Wrestling Revolution project, but not much beyond seeing them putting together a pretty strong roster of young and up-and-coming talent.

I'm glad that TNA is seeming to get behind the X Division again, but it is really sad to look back just a few years ago and compare what it is now to the greatness that it once was. Same with the women's division, unfortunately. I am totally glad they have Winter high up in the mix though; she is awesome. I don't mind Velvet, though i do prefer her in a more scaled back role. That being said, even though she's probably the weakest on the roster as far as in-ring skill, she's still light years ahead of every woman in WWE not named Beth or Natalya. :)

I also like checking out CMLL and AAA, which air here on various spanish-language stations on Saturdays and Sundays. A lot of good action, and it really says something that I can still follow the storylines and feuds despite a very limited spanish-knowledge.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

564. Posted:

Who is everyones favorite wrestler?
My top 2 are AJ Styles and Sting. I like Sting because he is a great entertainer, wrestler and does a really great job on his promos. I like that everytime he talks you can tell how passionate he is about the business, and that he is loyal to the company that he's in.
I remember seeing AJ Styles in WCW and the matches that he had were awesome. He was the main reason that I started to watch TNA, and Ive been a fan of it since then. He may not be the best at promos but the main reason I watch wrestling is for wrestling, and AJ is one of the best.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

565. Posted:

Ever: Cliched but Michaels and Flair.
Right Now: CM Punk and Randy Orton

AuthorMessage

y2josh

566. Posted:

Ever: Mick Foley
Current: CM Punk

y2josh

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

567. Posted:

Just like everyone has said here I agree to that TNA has gone down hill the past few years, but than again so has WWE. For TNA seems to me like its turned into the WWEs retirement home, in the fact that most people that they give screen time too are burnt out ex WWE superstars like Hogan, Flair, Kurt Angle Jeff Hardy etc. There is alot of good younger talent like AJ Styles who I agree with Rory is one of my favorites Kaz and a few others that escape me right now but as I said they want to keep the spotlight on familiar names that cant really do anything anymore. Right now I see TNA making the same mistakes that WCW did and that was they concentrate too much on the older wrestlers and not enough on the young stars and some of what happened to WCWs talent jumping over to WWE is happening to TNA. I mean just for example look at R Truth.

Personally I dont put all of TNAs troubles on Hogan I put it more on Dixie Carter too me she has the same problem that Ted Turner had and that is shes a good business woman but doesnt know enough of the wrestling business as say like Vince.

Anyway I go back and forth as to whos my favorite wrestler is but my all time would have to be The Undertaker. I know that might be a little cliche but everytime I see him walk down the aisle I get goosebumps like its my first time seeing him. His matches are never dull and just the job he does on selling his part is just awesome. My mother in law works at the local arena and has seen several of the wrestlers up close and personal and its funny that most of them do break character when they are meeting fans behind and scenes and stuff but everytime she has walked by him in the back area wither hes coming out of the locker room and just going to his car or hes going to the gorilla postion he total stays in character what you see on TV is what you get off screen I dont know too many wrestlers that take their part that seriously. But that right there is one of the reason that he is my favorite.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

568. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

than again so has WWE.

maybe compared to the Attitude Era but 2002-2005 or 2006 SUUUUCKED. It sucked so much.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

569. Posted:

Do any of you remember Scott Norton from WCW? He is another guy that I always looked forward to see wrestle. The guy was just a power house and legitlegitimately looked like he could kick anyones @&&. I used to pick his character all the time in those N64 wrestling games, his finisher is pretty brutal, along with his powerbomb.
Here is a video of his Top Ten Moves, Enjoy!

AuthorMessage

Splat

570. Posted:

Rorylee wrote:

Who is everyones favorite wrestler?

Ever - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Now - CM Punk

I know everyone always talks about Punk's mic skills and they are the best in the business but he is also a dam good in ring worker.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Wesker

571. Posted:

Ever: Bret Hart
Now, like right now: Christian

Wesker

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

572. Posted:

Ever: The Nature Boy, Ric Flair (WOOOOOOOO)!
Now: The Best in the World, CM Punk!

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

573. Posted:

"The Best in the World" is Chris Jericho.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Splat

574. Posted:

To bad he is trying to be a rock star instead of wrestling.

Edited on by Splat

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

575. Posted:

Has anyone ever listened to his music? I'm just curious to see if anyone likes it or not.

AuthorMessage

y2josh

576. Posted:

I liked Fozzy's first album, never heard any of the others though.

y2josh

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

577. Posted:

Of all time, definitely Flair, followed closely by Roddy Piper. Some others towards the top of the list would include Jericho, Regal and Benoit (before he went psycho-killer crazy, of course).

Also, @Rorylee, Scott Norton was/is awesome. I always thought he was tremendously underused back in WCW. Think i'll have to hunt down some of his strong matches in Japan now ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

578. Posted:

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Splat

579. Posted:

So, Randy Ortons beat down to Cody Rhodes actually went on longer than what was shown on SD last night. It got bloody and thanks to WWE PG they didn't show it all...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

580. Posted:

Wow, talk about a hardway shot! I assume that's from the ring bell hit?

The Shpydarloggery