Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,969

Tasuki

Just like everyone has said here I agree to that TNA has gone down hill the past few years, but than again so has WWE. For TNA seems to me like its turned into the WWEs retirement home, in the fact that most people that they give screen time too are burnt out ex WWE superstars like Hogan, Flair, Kurt Angle Jeff Hardy etc. There is alot of good younger talent like AJ Styles who I agree with Rory is one of my favorites Kaz and a few others that escape me right now but as I said they want to keep the spotlight on familiar names that cant really do anything anymore. Right now I see TNA making the same mistakes that WCW did and that was they concentrate too much on the older wrestlers and not enough on the young stars and some of what happened to WCWs talent jumping over to WWE is happening to TNA. I mean just for example look at R Truth.

Personally I dont put all of TNAs troubles on Hogan I put it more on Dixie Carter too me she has the same problem that Ted Turner had and that is shes a good business woman but doesnt know enough of the wrestling business as say like Vince.

Anyway I go back and forth as to whos my favorite wrestler is but my all time would have to be The Undertaker. I know that might be a little cliche but everytime I see him walk down the aisle I get goosebumps like its my first time seeing him. His matches are never dull and just the job he does on selling his part is just awesome. My mother in law works at the local arena and has seen several of the wrestlers up close and personal and its funny that most of them do break character when they are meeting fans behind and scenes and stuff but everytime she has walked by him in the back area wither hes coming out of the locker room and just going to his car or hes going to the gorilla postion he total stays in character what you see on TV is what you get off screen I dont know too many wrestlers that take their part that seriously. But that right there is one of the reason that he is my favorite.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Tasuki wrote:

than again so has WWE.

maybe compared to the Attitude Era but 2002-2005 or 2006 SUUUUCKED. It sucked so much.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RoryLee

Do any of you remember Scott Norton from WCW? He is another guy that I always looked forward to see wrestle. The guy was just a power house and legitlegitimately looked like he could kick anyones @&&. I used to pick his character all the time in those N64 wrestling games, his finisher is pretty brutal, along with his powerbomb.
Here is a video of his Top Ten Moves, Enjoy!
[youtube:EW7hr0YPi-A]

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Splat

Rorylee wrote:

Who is everyones favorite wrestler?

Ever - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Now - CM Punk

I know everyone always talks about Punk's mic skills and they are the best in the business but he is also a dam good in ring worker.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Weskerb

Ever: Bret Hart
Now, like right now: Christian

Weskerb

EvilRegal

Ever: The Nature Boy, Ric Flair (WOOOOOOOO)!
Now: The Best in the World, CM Punk!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

sykotek

"The Best in the World" is Chris Jericho.

Exhibit A:
[youtube:WgUWawc8SoI]
Exhibit B:
[youtube:ploKCspk744]

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Splat

To bad he is trying to be a rock star instead of wrestling.

Edited on by Splat

RoryLee

Has anyone ever listened to his music? I'm just curious to see if anyone likes it or not.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

y2josh

I liked Fozzy's first album, never heard any of the others though.

y2josh

the_shpydar

Of all time, definitely Flair, followed closely by Roddy Piper. Some others towards the top of the list would include Jericho, Regal and Benoit (before he went psycho-killer crazy, of course).

Also, @Rorylee, Scott Norton was/is awesome. I always thought he was tremendously underused back in WCW. Think i'll have to hunt down some of his strong matches in Japan now ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

sykotek

Exhibit C:
[youtube:lkc0InPL7vg]

Exhibit D:
[youtube:3ZhsW-I80f0]

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Splat

So, Randy Ortons beat down to Cody Rhodes actually went on longer than what was shown on SD last night. It got bloody and thanks to WWE PG they didn't show it all...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

EvilRegal

@Splat
Geez Louise! Chicken blood or human blood? This makes me miss the 1980's gorefests in NWA, WWF & AWA! Ric Flair could hardly have a match without bleeding like the proverbial stuck pig. Especially against rivals like Dusty Rhodes. Then, ultra-violent matches like Cactus Jack and Abdullah the Butcher would be involved in. Awesome stuff. PG sucks

Splat

BANG! BANG!

Untitled

EvilRegal

Splat wrote:

BANG! BANG!

Untitled

That is one happy camper right there! Cactus Jack/Mankind/Mick Foley 4 LIFE!

Splat

You forgot Dude Love!

Untitled

Sylverstone

I'm unsure if any of you guys have Reddit accounts but on September 30th, Mick Foley is coming over to do an AMA (Ask Me Anything), essentially a Q&A session that'll last for a couple of hours.

The r/SquaredCircle subreddit moderators set up the whole shebang and it's going to be great!

Of course, more info: click here!

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic