Forums

Topic: What were your favorite gaming experiences of 2014?

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Electricmastro

I foresee quite a bit of Super Smash Bros. being discussed.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Dave24

Wasn't there a topic like that 2 or 3 days ago?

Dave24

CrazyOtto

Tomodachi Life and Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Tasuki

The one that comes to mind right now happened about 3 weeks ago so maybe that's why its fresh in my mind, but it was getting together with a few coworkers, and my son playing couch co-op of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. We all had a blast and I hadn't had that much fun since back the days of doing couch co-op with friends on MK64 or GoldenEye.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Electricmastro

CrazyOtto wrote:

Tomodachi Life and Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U

How was your experience with them?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

6ch6ris6

steel diver sub wars

it felt like a new subgenre of fps.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Veloster

I was playing the final mission of GTA V (SPOILERS), and was at the part where you kidnap the rich guy at his house and stuff him in the trunk of his car. And as I started driving towards the waypoint the sun was just beginning to rise, driving through the hills in the classic car, with 'Ali Bomaye' playing on the radio - and the whole moment just felt like a superbly satisfying end to the whole story. After hours of gameplay, wanting to punch half the characters in the face; you eventually wipe them all out, get to this guys house and tie up all loose ends.

That was one of the years best gaming moments.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

kkslider5552000

My frustrating yet super fun experience of the boss rush at the end of New Game+ Shovel Knight was fantastic.

Also a certain thing at the climax of Wonderful 101 was the BEST.

Half of the plot twists in Virtue's Last Reward.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Electricmastro

Has anyone here played Hyrule Warriors and if so, what did you think of it?

Einherjar

@Electricmastro Well, im heavily biased towards everything from Koei, take that as a fanboy warning But for me, Hyrule Warriors was one of the best games in the "Warriors" franchise.
But since were not discussing general gameplay here but rather moments, let me say that i was surprised how well they handled the franchise, without taking it completely out of context.
But my most favourite moment comming from that game was a battlefield full of cuccos

But in general, there were too many to list them all.

I had a real blast with the WiiU this year. Bayonetta just made me smile over the course of both games, Smash reminded me more of Melee than of Brawl, which is a good thing and Tropical Freeze reminded me, that the WiiU is the definite platform for Lovers of the Platforming genre

It also finally marked the release day of SMT4 and Rune Factory 4, which were both amazing.

Oh man, i could really write a book about it, but lets leave it at that

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Electricmastro

Einherjar wrote:

@Electricmastro But for me, Hyrule Warriors was one of the best games in the "Warriors" franchise.

So you think it was actually done better than most "Warriors" games?

SkywardLink98

I played The Last of Us for the first time this year. I know I'm late to the party but it was a heck of a party.
My jaw hit the floor when Henry committed suicide, I grinned in a sick joy when Joel tortured the cannibals, I cheered when Ellie killed David, and I was shocked when Joel lied to Ellie.
It may have dethroned Guild Wars 2 as my favorite game of all time.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

MsJubilee

That epic battle with the Lumen sage in Bayonetta 2,god that part was so amazing!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MeWario

It was definitely a big Nintendo year for me. I have plenty of other systems but games like Mariokart 8 and Tropical Freeze were the experiences that stuck.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ThePirateCaptain

Tropical Freeze was the highlight of the year for me. It was simply bursting with color and charm, and the music, my word the music was outstanding, but then again the whole game was incredible.

The Walking Dead was a new experience for me, and if you've played it then you know how great the story is.

Super Mario 3D Land was just what I expect from Mario, pure and simple fun. It really felt like they took the concepts from 3D Land and went all out with them. Another game with great level design and an outstanding soundtrack.

The two games that surprised me most this year were Rokko Chan and Treasure Adventure game, the latter of which I'm still playing through.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

I think the only 2014 game I've played this year is Weapon Shop De Omasse, and it sucked.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.