Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 701 to 720 of 12,088

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

99% of games in 2D would be better in 3D under the right developers.

that's so vague, you could say "in some reality, Minecraft would've failed". I agree but that doesn't mean anything.

I don't see how. Obviously there is a wrong way to bring a franchise to 3D (see Bubsy 3D), but I'm just saying that in my opinion every 2D Platformer could have been superior as a 3D Platformer, and every top-down Adventure game would have been superior as a 3D Adventure game.

You see, the problem is you're talking as if 3D gaming is universally superior to 2D, and not just a different style with wildly different mechanics.

That's exactly the unpopular opinion I hold. In most cases (hence the 99%), 3D Gaming is superior to 2D gaming. Even simple things like Tetris I would rather see in 3D.

Good for you I guess. Personally, I prefer to appreciate the differences for their own strengths and weaknesses, so I get to enjoy a variety of games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HappyHappyist

Tomodachi Life is a joke by Nintendo, and they're selling the punchline as a full-price game.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Tomodachi Life is a joke by Nintendo, and they're selling the punchline as a full-price game.

It's definitely not a game I'd buy blindly, though I have been enjoying the video clips I've seen so far. I hope they put out a demo for everyone to try, otherwise I don't think I'll end up taking a chance on being bored with it after a couple weeks.

Unless they release a legit gameplay trailer or a demo, I have little interest for this game. So far, I've only seen trailers that show you can do pointless things (which can't hold anyone's attention for too long).

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

SkywardLink98

CanisWolfred wrote:

That Tamogachi game sounds like a Second Life clone, another game I can hardly fathom why anyone would play....

Because it let's normal people have a second chance at being as awesome as me.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

iKhan

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

iKhan wrote:

3D Gaming is superior to 2D gaming

Why didn't you just say this? It would have saved some aggravation, methinks. Though I can't say I agree at all.

Because that's not the way it immediately comes to mind. What comes to mind whenever I'm playing a 2D Platformer or 2D Adventure or 2D RPG game is how much better it would be in 3D. The underlying reason is that I think 3D gaming is superior to 2D gaming, but it's on the opinion in and of itself.

And honestly it's more of a result of how I grew up with games. Doom was my first game, my first console was an N64, and I've only owned Nintendo consoles since. I pretty much started with the expectations that games were in 2D. There were exceptions like Pokemon, but most of the time I found disappointment when I realized a game only played in the 2D Plane, Oracle of Seasons had this effect for example.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

World

I think "My Top 10 [x]" gaming lists are both insanely stupid and oddly adorable.

World

Caryslan

Well, here goes...

Duke Nukem Forever is one of the most enjoyable and creative FPS games to come out over the last couple of years, and it does not deserve the hate and bashing that it gets.

Caryslan

unrandomsam

Supporting Ubisoft is like supporting jerks

That comparison was completely uncalled for -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

iKhan

Free Cameras suck. I don't really see a reason people should have to fiddle around with the second analog stick while they are moving to get the right. I far prefer a well placed automatic camera with well done centering mechanics. Nintendo games tend to do this well.

Maybe it's just my own lack of coordination, but I've always had that "rub your belly and pat your head" syndrome when controlling two analog sticks, but even when I get used to it, I really just don't see a point.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

Free Cameras suck. I don't really see a reason people should have to fiddle around with the second analog stick while they are moving to get the right. I far prefer a well placed automatic camera with well done centering mechanics. Nintendo games tend to do this well.

Maybe it's just my own lack of coordination, but I've always had that "rub your belly and pat your head" syndrome when controlling two analog sticks, but even when I get used to it, I really just don't see a point.

Why not both though? A lot of people love and appreciate having a free camera, so I think the best way to program the camera is to have an auto-centering function as well as manual control of the camera with the second analog stick.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Why not both though? A lot of people love and appreciate having a free camera, so I think the best way to program the camera is to have an auto-centering function as well as manual control of the camera with the second analog stick.

Sure both is fine. My issue is when the in game camera is awful and or there is some expectation to use the free camera. Xenoblade's camera was pretty horrible for example. And what's worse is that the Wii Remote+Nunchuk configuration doesn't support a free camera, so the bad auto camera was even worse. (Why did Nintendo have to be so greedy and not allow the GC controller option?)

Edited on by iKhan

HappyHappyist

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Sure both is fine. My issue is when the in game camera is awful and or there is some expectation to use the free camera. Xenoblade's camera was pretty horrible for example. And what's worse is that the Wii Remote+Nunchuk configuration doesn't support a free camera, so the bad auto camera was even worse. (Why did Nintendo have to be so greedy and not allow the GC controller option?)

you know you can use the classic controller for free camera control, right?

Blue blue.

GuSolarFlare

I think ALBW is better than OoT

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SkywardLink98

iKhan wrote:

I've always had that "rub your belly and pat your head" syndrome

Why do people say that that's difficult? I've had little trouble with patting my head and rubbing my belly.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Gamecubed

Open world games are getting boring.
"My wife left me, find her"
"My apprentice took off, find him and kill him"
"Bring me these things"
"Do my job for me."
"Kill this person and that thing"
"Go talk to so-and-so on the other side of the woods"

Around and around and around you go.
Like.... why?

Gamecubed

iKhan

SkywardLink98 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I've always had that "rub your belly and pat your head" syndrome

Why do people say that that's difficult? I've had little trouble with patting my head and rubbing my belly.

I've learned to do it over time, but it's initially difficult, as you are doing two different motions with your two hands.

iKhan

HappyHappyist wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

you know you can use the classic controller for free camera control, right?

I have 4 gamecube controllers. Why would I bother wasting my money on a subpar classic controller?

Kyloctopus

Nintendo's television advertising is spot on, most of the time.
Television advertising isn't supposed to appeal to gamers, it's supposed to appeal to families.
Internet advertising (Nintendo direct specifically) is for advertising towards gamers, and of course a gaming audience will criticize a commercial not garnered toward them

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic