Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 421 to 440 of 12,088

BearHunger

Action51 wrote:

EVERY Playstation controller barely feels different from the previous generations.

It's no wonder really.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The pattern was endearing to me, but I really don't like how every console's controller has now adopted this setup. Same old shape, same old face button diamond… at least the Wii U GamePad has a screen and the console itself is compatible with Wii controllers.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Dreamz

BearHunger wrote:

Action51 wrote:

EVERY Playstation controller barely feels different from the previous generations.

It's no wonder really.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The pattern was endearing to me, but I really don't like how every console's controller has now adopted this setup. Same old shape, same old face button diamond… at least the Wii U GamePad has a screen and the console itself is compatible with Wii controllers.

You forgot the very first model, which all of the above descended from:

Untitled

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

OptometristLime

Gamecubed wrote:

-I think the Wii had some of the best games from the seventh generation

Together let's be unpopular.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Matty2310

I really like the 4th Gen Pokemon games. They seem to cop a lot of flack on the internet.
Also, I really like 3DS's 3D effect and always have it on full blast.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

ZurrrrBlattTron

kirby95 wrote:

I really like the 4th Gen Pokemon games. They seem to cop a lot of flack on the internet.

This, I actually want GameFreak to skip Gen 3 remakes and go on to gen 4 remakes

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Matty2310

siconlol wrote:

kirby95 wrote:

This, I actually want GameFreak to skip Gen 3 remakes and go on to gen 4 remakes

I think remaking the 4th gen might be a bit too far/soon, since they can already be played on the 3DS anyway and I enjoy them as they are. Plus, I don't know if you follow the Pokemon timeline structure but I think remaking anything might disrupt it since it's events have references in later games. But that's just what I think.
I liked how in those games you could capture a previous gen Pokemon depending on which one of the GBA games you had in the original DS's GBA catridge (I have all of them!).

Edited on by Matty2310

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

Red_XIII

Youtube gamers, and not "Casuals" are ruining the industry
Kirby is a better platforming series than Sonic and NSMB together.
Half Life 3 will not be released until valve makes legit consoles
Bayonetta has better representation of women than Gone Home
Now, that last one needs explaining.
As a disclamer, I didn't like Gone Home.
Now, in Bayonetta, she is very revealing, but it is mostly self-parody. And it's not like she is playing the victim either. She uses her sexuality as a weapon (Not literally), rather than letting it attack her. It is rather refreshing, actually.
VS Gone home.
The characters are seemingly fleshed out, but are mostly hollow excuses for fitting in minorities. EG, this one is a lesbian SYMPATHISE WITH HER STRUGGLES
Cultural references from an era NOW IT'S PERSONAL. It comes off as trite, dull and cliché, despite the subject manner. Maybe it's bad writing, maybe it's a lack of character development, but I think that it is just disappointing.
If you want good character development re. LGBT, play Dys4ia. Actually, everyone here should play it. It is simple, but much better told, and much more emotional than gone home.
I apologise if this came of as rambling and incoherent, I just needed it out of my system.

Red_XIII

MamaLuigi

Haha most of this stuff I agree with, and I'm not popular. XDDDD

SO, here goes...

>Nintendo's great at making games, yet only average in the business world.
>Still, being "average" is a good thing when your games are making you tons of money and selling hardware, and you have a better track record than your competitors.
>The people who work at GameStop aren't typical gamers, they're gaming elitists.
>Just try to walk into a GameStop and start a conversation with them, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
>Industry bigwigs in the US like EA, Activision, Take Two, WB... they're so self-minded and spend way too much money, eventually there's going to be a corporate bailout involving them.
>In Japan it's not so much better (Namco Bandai, Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, Tecmo Koei... )
>Kenji Inafune was right to leave Capcom.
>Mortal Kombat has become irrelevant in today's market.
>So has GTA, arguably.
>Pokemon is overrated.
>Only one Pokemon spinoff intrigued me: Pokemon Conquest.
>Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect are better known for being popular than slightly above average games.
>They're still enjoyable, but it's high time gamers think for themselves.

MamaLuigi

swordx

OptometristLime wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

-I think the Wii had some of the best games from the seventh generation

Together let's be unpopular.

The Wii had some of the best games ever made. It's well known to anyone with any knowledge on games, which the average consumer lacks and so most only see the shovelware that plagued the Wii. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Operation Rainfall games, Wario, Punch Out!!, Sin & Punishment, etc...the list could go on forever!

swordx

CanisWolfred

I've yet to see a sucessful console that didn't have some of the greatest games of its time. My complaint with the Wii were how few good games in general there were. I think the N64 is the only other console where I found so few games I actually enjoyed playing.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

swordx

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've yet to see a sucessful console that didn't have some of the greatest games of its time. My complaint with the Wii were how few good games in general there were. I think the N64 is the only other console where I found so few games I actually enjoyed playing.

I seem to have quite a few good games for it, and there are still a good number of games I've yet to buy for it, so I'm unsure where the idea of few good games for it came from...

swordx

CanisWolfred

I have less 20 games for the Wii that I consider good, and I'm only missing Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Boom Blox, both of which I've rented. That's pretty pitiful when you consider that even the Gamecube had 50 games I had to have. Considering the amount of games the Wii had, there's really not excuse for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KaiserGX

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have less 20 games for the Wii that I consider good, and I'm only missing Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Boom Blox, both of which I've rented. That's pretty pitiful when you consider that even the Gamecube had 50 games I had to have. Considering the amount of games the Wii had, there's really not excuse for it.

It's because the Wii and N64 didn't fill your animeRPG fetish.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

CanisWolfred

KaiserGX wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The PS3 and 360 had 5 good RPGs between them and I still have a gazillion more games for those systems, despite neither system having as many games as the Wii.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KaiserGX

CanisWolfred wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The PS3 and 360 had 5 good RPGs between them and I still have a gazillion more games for those systems, despite neither system having as many games as the Wii.

Whatever you say Wolfkun Senpai.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

I-U

There's less than 20 Wii games I would consider great too, but the thing about those games is that I kept coming back to them, as opposed to treating them as one-and-done experiences. Overall, it was second to the Nintendo DS, which IMO has Nintendo's best software library ever, in terms of the titles I came back to. With the Gamecube, I can only think of five titles that had me coming back: Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Pikmin, Pikmin 2 and Mario Kart Double Dash. The Nintendo 64 was even less, just Super Mario 64, though I got a N64 just as the GCN was about to release. With the Wii, it's been Xenoblade Chronicles, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Wii Sports, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Metroid Other M and Donkey Kong Country Returns. While I had less games than I had with the GCN, the level of quality the Wii provided in those 11 games made it the most memorable console I've owned.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

The PS3 and 360 had 5 good RPGs between them

Does this count as a thread submission?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The PS3 and 360 had 5 good RPGs between them

Does this count as a thread submission?

Not really. From what I've seen, the people who think the PS3 actually has loads of good RPGs are the minority otaku whom those super-ultra-niche games like Atelier and Neptunia are supposed to appeal to, most of which is just shlock, but a certain group of people are willing to overlook their glaring flaws so they can get to the parts they percieve as worthwhile, which oftentimes is just the cutesy girls and the innuendo.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

I find this kinda hard to digest. The Wii is pitiful because it didn't appeal to you?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaz007

Unca_Lz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I find this kinda hard to digest. The Wii is pitiful because it didn't appeal to you?

Isn't that arguably why any game or console is pitiful?

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic