Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 441 to 460 of 12,088

LzWinky

Fair point.

Okay, I have to say this: Virtual Console is freaking overrated and I think people complain too much about it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gamecubed

-I think the industry is going to crash and it needs to
-I don't like watching people play games on youtube (unless I want to watch gameplay for a game I'm thinking about purchasing). I think they're partially ruining things.
-I hate online gaming

Unca_Lz wrote:

Fair point.

Okay, I have to say this: Virtual Console is freaking overrated and I think people complain too much about it.

I agree with this. I have a few VC games, and I like it because it's just convenient. I don't get why people complain about the prices either. $5-$10 for full games that go for $20+ on ebay for physical copies is a deal to me. Nintendo has to make some money somewhere.

Gamecubed

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The PS3 and 360 had 5 good RPGs between them

Does this count as a thread submission?

Not really. From what I've seen, the people who think the PS3 actually has loads of good RPGs are the minority otaku whom those super-ultra-niche games like Atelier and Neptunia are supposed to appeal to, most of which is just shlock, but a certain group of people are willing to overlook their glaring flaws so they can get to the parts they percieve as worthwhile, which oftentimes is just the cutesy girls and the innuendo.

I have literally never in the last 8 years heard anyone refer to Atelier or Neptunia as examples of good RPGs on PS3, but I don't generally hang around otaku.

There are a couple decent entries in the Atelier series though. I would never pay more than $30 for them, but they're not awful. Neptunia is dreadful though, yes. Considering that the anime was also garbage, it's not only the gameplay that sucks, it's the cutesy girls and innuendo too.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

Gamecubed wrote:

-I think the industry is going to crash and it needs to

I agree. It's getting to the point where it's very rarely about fun, unique games and more about how high they can push the profit margins.

Gamecubed wrote:

-I don't like watching people play games on youtube (unless I want to watch gameplay for a game I'm thinking about purchasing). I think they're partially ruining things.

Same. If I want to experience 2nd hand fun, I'll watch a movie or read a book.

Gamecubed wrote:

-I hate online gaming

I can probably guess why, so I would quasi disagree. However, it would be more accurate for me to say "I enjoy cooperative online gaming."

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

LzWinky

Let's players should not get advertising money.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

unrandomsam

Unca_Lz wrote:

Nobody should have advertising on the internet period.

When I first started to use it then basically everything consisted of very knowledgeable people writing about stuff because they were passionate about it. Now the vast majority of content is utter garbage designed to get people to look at advertising.

At that time it was like a breath of fresh air. Now advertising has returned like a cancer.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jaz007

unrandomsam wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Nobody should have advertising on the internet period.

When I first started to use it then basically everything consisted of very knowledgeable people writing about stuff because they were passionate about it. Now the vast majority of content is utter garbage designed to get people to look at advertising.

At that time it was like a breath of fresh air. Now advertising has returned like a cancer.

You do realize a site like this wouldn't exist, or else you would need to a subscription for this site, and all other individual news sites as well right? These sites cost money to maintain.

Jaz007

Gamecubed

Unca_Lz wrote:

Amen to that too. I don't think people like Pewdiepie or Chuggaaconroy shouldn't make a dime.
If people are making their own original content I can understand and a part of me thinks they should be making something since some people put a lot into it. But if you're just playing games... no.

-I think a Wonder Woman video game would be awesome if done correctly
-Any future console Pokemon games should be like Colosseum or XD
-Pokemon Emerald is the best Pokemon game
-F-Zero GX is the best racing game ever
-PS exclusives are great, but a lot of them lack soul
-I'm amazed by people who think the 360/PS3 or PS4/XB1 are completely different beasts

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

MuchoMochi

I think the PS Vita would be a much better handheld then the 3DS if Sony marketed it, gave it more exclusives, lowered the price of not only memory cards but also the console, and stopped trying to make it a home console on the go. Just bring out quality titles and make it a great experience, the hardware has so much potential. Also the back touch pad is a gimmick and one that I do not want to deal with during games. It's kind of hard to justify a purchase of the Vita when I could buy a PS3 for almost the same price in some places.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

unrandomsam

Unca_Lz wrote:

Fair point.

I would probably think the same if I was in the USA. Most of the Wii VC was worthless in PAL regions (And so are most of the home console cartridges). Interestingly enough I would never have even tried any TG16 if there were any other options so that is good.

If in the UK you want a 60hz version legally there are two options - Importing US/JPN cartridges and dealing with modding consoles/cables or the VC.

(The Wii U is the first time the proper version of Super Mario World has ever been released in the PAL region for example - Wii U / 3DS is the same thing for Super Mario Bros 3)

When importing if anything is over $25 then it instantly gets doubled in cost due to import duty,

Lastly around the release of the Wii - Nintendo nerfed the difficulty so badly as to make most of their games worthless to play. (No point in playing a game you can play start to finish without ever having improve).

LzWinky

Jaz007 wrote:

You do realize a site like this wouldn't exist, or else you would need to a subscription for this site, and all other individual news sites as well right? These sites cost money to maintain.

Not to mention it's the equivalent of asking TV to have no commercials

Dreamz

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

It should not. I'm ALREADY paying for the service - throwing advertisements on it on top of that is just greedy double-dipping. It's the reason why I haven't bothered with television service in a decade (except for Netflix/Amazon).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

LzWinky

Dreamz wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

It should not. I'm ALREADY paying for the service - throwing advertisements on it on top of that is just greedy double-dipping. It's the reason why I haven't bothered with television service in a decade (except for Netflix/Amazon).

There is very little greed. You are paying the cable/satellite company, which pays a small portion to the networks.

Edited on by LzWinky

unrandomsam

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I am not bothered about paying. If paid high quality content existed I would pay for it. (On the condition it had no advertising and everything reviewed was also paid for not got as review copies). Probably mean they would have to employ Japanese speakers to review and play the games properly as soon as they are released there. (No restrictions on what they can and cannot do).

TV didn't have commercials when Cable/Satellite first started either. Either you pay for it or they use advertising seems a fair deal.

BBC doesn't have commercials. I believe also HBO doesn't in the USA. (I wish to subscribe to that but they don't want me to). I have Sky Atlantic which has most of the stuff on it but it is spoilt by commercials. (The DVR is too primitive - obviously I would never actively watch any).

CanisWolfred

@kkslider5552000

I got bored of that video after about 15 minutes, and honestly, I think that video just reasserts Lz's point, at least in terms of Singleplayer games. Competitive Multiplayer is different everytime so that's okay, but Singleplayer is more static (Maybe the person won't have the exact same experience, but eventually you're going to show most of what the game has to offer) and therefore it's more like showing off a full movie and expecting to be paid for it even though you have no connections to the movie creators. That's not right.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CapeSmash

YES! A THREAD WHERE I CAN GET A LOT OF THINGS OFF MY CHEST!

YouTubers: PewDiePie is extremely unfunny, and his fanbase is easily the worst out of all fanbases. They will attack you if you say ANYTHING negative about PewDiePie. Heck, they'll even attack you for DEFINDING him!

Game Genres: I don't care for RPGs, especially JRPGs, and MMOs. Most of the games in those genres look horribly complacted.

Games: I think Super Mario 3D World and Minecraft are the most underrated games of all time.

Sonic Adventure 2 gets so much ridiculous praise, it's not even funny. People say "SA2 IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE!" To that I say, take your nostalgia-goggles off. That game is horribly flawed.

Mario Kart 7 is an awful game. There, I said it.

Mario Kart 8 has the worst roster in any game I have ever seen.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is very overrated.

3DS: The 3DS... is BEYOND the most overrated game system in existence! I have never seen so much praise for such a crap console in my life. Okay, the 3DS isn't "crap," but the games are. 3D Land and Dark Moon are the only good games for the system tnat I've played. That's saying something, sense I own 12 games for the system. But the thing that ruins the 3DS for me, is the insane fanboys/fangirls. Let me explain to you what a "3DS Fanboy/Fangirl" is:

A 3DS Fanboy/Fangirl is a person who thinks the 3DS is the only good system, and if they see a game that isn't for the 3DS, they're not interested.

Really? JUST because a game doesn't have the "Nintendo 3DS" label next to it, means you're not interested? Humanity has lost it. And the sad thing is, I see these people everywhere, especially here (NL).

When I'm angry, I tend to be very hateful. So, sorry if this was came off as a little rude.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Shirma_Akayaku

I don't like Xbone. There I said it.
I prefer PS4.

PS4 ≥ Wii U ≫ Xbox One
(PS4 is greater than or equal to Wii U. Wii U is much greater than Xbox One.)

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

BearHunger

SockoMario wrote:

I think Super Mario 3D World and Minecraft are the most underrated games of all time.

Minecraft, underrated? Just how much love can a game get? Minecraft is one of the most popular, well-loved games of the day. I've even heard of it being used as a teaching tool for elementary schoolers. It is a brilliant, widely acknowledged force for good, as far as I know.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic