General Discussion Forum

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,445

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

441. Posted:

-I think more games should be set in the 40's, 50's and 60's eras as I think those would be cool to explore in a game world. There's so much untapped potential. I don't understand why more devs aren't looking into this.
-Kirby is one of those games you play when you want to relax and not have to tense yourself up or stress out. You can comfortably move through a level with ease.
-I don't like how some people have been conditioned into thinking it's okay if a game you spent $60 on is buggy. What happened to standards?
-I don't understand why people were/are so hyped about Watch Dogs. It looks like GTA with hacking.
-I can't seem to get excited for the new Smash Bros.
-I think the Wii had some of the best games from the seventh generation

Gamecubed

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

442. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

-I don't understand why people were/are so hyped about Watch Dogs. It looks like GTA with hacking.

you answered that by yourself, the hacking!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Giygas_95

443. Posted:

Action51 wrote:

• Metal Gear in all it's incarnations now, and dating back to the NES days...has never been very good, and at times downright awful

I've only tried MGS 3D, but I agree. Man did that game stink. I can't force myself to play anymore (I got past where you defeat the Pain, but couldn't take anymore). Most of my problems with it have nothing to do with the hardware limitations, but the game itself (story, characters, cutscenes, stealth that doesn't feel challenging or fun). What may be the 3DS's fault is that the controls, framerate, and menus are horrible.

Edited on by Giygas_95

Giygas_95

Nintendo Network ID: Supersonic_Flyer

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

444. Posted:

I don't think the appeal of Pokémon is actually catching them all, since gen 3.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

torotoid64

445. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Didn't they drop that since gen 3?

torotoid64

Twitter: Mattchuspie

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

446. Posted:

siconlol wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Didn't they drop that since gen 3?

well that explains it all.

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

447. Posted:

Super Mario 3D World is basically SM3DL slapped on a disc with cat suits, Peach, and same repetitive gameplay. No wonder it didn't save the Wii U.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

Falchion

448. Posted:

Zelda 2 is much more enjoyable the the original.
Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game.

Falchion

AuthorMessage

OmegaMetroid93

449. Posted:

The phrase "repetitive gameplay" bothers me. Tell me one game over 10 hours long that does not have repetitive gameplay.

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

450. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

The phrase "repetitive gameplay" bothers me. Tell me one game over 10 hours long that does not have repetitive gameplay.

Neko_Chan wrote:

Super Mario 3D World is basically SM3DL slapped on a disc with cat suits, Peach, and same repetitive gameplay. No wonder it didn't save the Wii U.

Relevant. Name a game that doesn't have "repetitive" gameplay

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Action51

451. Posted:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

• Symphony of the Night is, after CVII and Adventures, the worst entry to the entire Castlevania series.
  • F-Zero wasn't good until F-Zero X.
  • Remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire would be a terrible choice.
  • The PS4 controller barely feels different from the previous generations.
  • God of War ruined the Hack 'n Slash genre.
  • Lunar Knights is better than Boktai.

Good list!

1) Totally disagree, it's the first of many great open-ended combat-platformer style games. Aria of Sorrow being my favorite.
We'll have to agree to disagree!
2) Agreed - in fact racing games in general are one of the few genres that improved completely with the advent of 3D polygons
3) Agreed - I don't understand why people want any Pokemon remakes - the games are all so similar, so new is better? I don't get it.
4) Agreed! - EVERY Playstation controller barely feels different from the previous generations.
5) Disagree - I kinda like God of War, but there have been too many copycats after it's success.
6) Never played those games

Action51

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

452. Posted:

I can see some purpose in Pokemon remakes. Each generation introduces so many things that would be great to use in previous generations. Best example is Heartgold and Soulsilver. The originals feel horribly outdated, but the remakes fix so many mistakes and updates with a lot of new content to actually call them worthy games

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

BearClaus

453. Posted:

Action51 wrote:

EVERY Playstation controller barely feels different from the previous generations.

It's no wonder really. ;)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The pattern was endearing to me, but I really don't like how every console's controller has now adopted this setup. Same old shape, same old face button diamond… at least the Wii U GamePad has a screen and the console itself is compatible with Wii controllers.

BearClaus

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

454. Posted:

BearHunger wrote:

Action51 wrote:

EVERY Playstation controller barely feels different from the previous generations.

It's no wonder really. ;)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The pattern was endearing to me, but I really don't like how every console's controller has now adopted this setup. Same old shape, same old face button diamond… at least the Wii U GamePad has a screen and the console itself is compatible with Wii controllers.

You forgot the very first model, which all of the above descended from:

Untitled

:)

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

455. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

-I think the Wii had some of the best games from the seventh generation

Together let's be unpopular. :D

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

kirby95

456. Posted:

I really like the 4th Gen Pokemon games. They seem to cop a lot of flack on the internet.
Also, I really like 3DS's 3D effect and always have it on full blast.

3DS Friend Code: 1375 7224 8981Mario Kart Wii FC: 4726 8194 3170Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 3953 7766 2972Please add me!!!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

AuthorMessage

torotoid64

457. Posted:

kirby95 wrote:

I really like the 4th Gen Pokemon games. They seem to cop a lot of flack on the internet.

This, I actually want GameFreak to skip Gen 3 remakes and go on to gen 4 remakes

torotoid64

Twitter: Mattchuspie

AuthorMessage

kirby95

458. Posted:

siconlol wrote:

kirby95 wrote:

This, I actually want GameFreak to skip Gen 3 remakes and go on to gen 4 remakes

I think remaking the 4th gen might be a bit too far/soon, since they can already be played on the 3DS anyway and I enjoy them as they are. Plus, I don't know if you follow the Pokemon timeline structure but I think remaking anything might disrupt it since it's events have references in later games. But that's just what I think.
I liked how in those games you could capture a previous gen Pokemon depending on which one of the GBA games you had in the original DS's GBA catridge (I have all of them!).

Edited on by kirby95

3DS Friend Code: 1375 7224 8981Mario Kart Wii FC: 4726 8194 3170Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 3953 7766 2972Please add me!!!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

459. Posted:

Youtube gamers, and not "Casuals" are ruining the industry
Kirby is a better platforming series than Sonic and NSMB together.
Half Life 3 will not be released until valve makes legit consoles
Bayonetta has better representation of women than Gone Home
Now, that last one needs explaining.
As a disclamer, I didn't like Gone Home.
Now, in Bayonetta, she is very revealing, but it is mostly self-parody. And it's not like she is playing the victim either. She uses her sexuality as a weapon (Not literally), rather than letting it attack her. It is rather refreshing, actually.
VS Gone home.
The characters are seemingly fleshed out, but are mostly hollow excuses for fitting in minorities. EG, this one is a lesbian SYMPATHISE WITH HER STRUGGLES
Cultural references from an era NOW IT'S PERSONAL. It comes off as trite, dull and cliché, despite the subject manner. Maybe it's bad writing, maybe it's a lack of character development, but I think that it is just disappointing.
If you want good character development re. LGBT, play Dys4ia. Actually, everyone here should play it. It is simple, but much better told, and much more emotional than gone home.
I apologise if this came of as rambling and incoherent, I just needed it out of my system.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

MamaLuigi

460. Posted:

Haha most of this stuff I agree with, and I'm not popular. XDDDD

SO, here goes...

>Nintendo's great at making games, yet only average in the business world.
>Still, being "average" is a good thing when your games are making you tons of money and selling hardware, and you have a better track record than your competitors.
>The people who work at GameStop aren't typical gamers, they're gaming elitists.
>Just try to walk into a GameStop and start a conversation with them, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
>Industry bigwigs in the US like EA, Activision, Take Two, WB... they're so self-minded and spend way too much money, eventually there's going to be a corporate bailout involving them.
>In Japan it's not so much better (Namco Bandai, Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, Tecmo Koei... )
>Kenji Inafune was right to leave Capcom.
>Mortal Kombat has become irrelevant in today's market.
>So has GTA, arguably.
>Pokemon is overrated.
>Only one Pokemon spinoff intrigued me: Pokemon Conquest.
>Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect are better known for being popular than slightly above average games.
>They're still enjoyable, but it's high time gamers think for themselves.

MamaLuigi