Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 261 to 280 of 12,088

I-U

I think the Wii U should have simply been a more powerful Wii. I feel the Game Pad hurts the experience more than helps, as it has turned the console into a handheld in my eyes and I now expect to get a handheld-like experience out of each purchase I make for the system. The Game Pad also creates battery problems, especially since it drains when not in use, so play sessions sometimes are interrupted by the Game Pad dying and needing to be recharged.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

kkslider5552000

I do at least agree that right now Wii 2 but in HD would've been a better idea as a whole, both in terms of success and in terms of use of the gimmick.

I think what would've justified it was that Wiimotion plus has so much life left in it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JCnator

I believe the life counter system usually found on single-player action and platformer games is archaic since the home consoles first arrived. Every time you get a game over, you can pretty much effortlessly restart as long as you still have time. The only consequence it does is sending you further back than whenever you would lose a life. Many games (especially the more recent ones) don't punish you hard enough to make a game over threatening anyway, so why even bother? Just a death counter is fine!

JCnator

GuSolarFlare

I think that starting over from the beggining after too many game overs is a better system than starting from the last "autosave" point. end of the unpopular part, in my opinion though being able to save when you see fit is still the best way to go.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Geonjaha

World wrote:

@GuSilverFlame, @UnknownNico

Well, I guess it's hard to explain. I didn't just mean the "dark 'n gritty" look to things. I meant how games that are about proving your superiority over the world around you are, more generally, considered top of the heap and art. That's not always the case, but I just feel like it's more often than not the case.

I'm basing this entirely on masculine and feminine not really being attached to men or women, but being things that can be represented in anyone and not necessarily just one or the other. But I guess masculinity is basically just "things where you are proving superiority" and femininity is "things where you are building community." (And I'm basing THAT on stuff by a writer named Deborah Tannen and maybe that's a bad idea).

Anyway, I just feel like the second one often falls flat in the public eye, and isn't given as much leeway, when it comes to gaming. Like it's less likely to become art and be considered legitimate.

I hope I articulated it better that time? It's complicated, I think.

Can you give any examples of games that you think were very good and weren't overly masculine in their overall goals or meaning? Just want to get a better idea of what it is specifically you're referring to. Games in my eyes are about having a challenge put forward to you and achieving a goal. Whether or not that's always presented in a masculine fashion I really cant say.

RR529 wrote:

• I liked Metroid II: the return of Samus more than the original Metroid.

Oh, so did I. By a long shot.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CanisWolfred

I though Metroid 1 being the worst in the franchise was the popular opinion?

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I do at least agree that right now Wii 2 but in HD would've been a better idea as a whole, both in terms of success and in terms of use of the gimmick.

I think what would've justified it was that Wiimotion plus has so much life left in it.

Untitled

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dreamz

If you have to post an image to make your argument for you, then you don't have one.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Magikarp3

I think it's silly that every franchise needs a "worst title". Usually it means something gets shoehorned into the role (FF II, Zelda 2, Simon's Quest) when it's not necessarily bad.

Also I miss the days when the sequel to a new IP was weird and a little different. Nowadays it's just the same concept, but with a different story and slightly altered gameplay.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

GuSolarFlare

Dreamz wrote:

If you have to post an image to make your argument for you, then you don't have one.

and what if I went through the trouble to make and upload an image just for that argument?(yeah there was a time I was so bored I went THAT far)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

CanisWolfred

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

and what if I went through the trouble to make and upload an image just for that argument?(yeah there was a time I was so bored I went THAT far)

You mean like what I've been doing?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

You mean like what I've been doing?

yes, pretty much!

my Backloggery

CaviarMeths
  • We don't need Metroid Prime 4.
  • We don't need Super Mario Galaxy 3.
  • SEGA's success with the Genesis/Master Drive was a fluke. It's a terribly run company and always has been (popular opinion?).
  • Auron sucks.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

steamhare

Maelstrom wrote:

30 minutes into chrono trigger and I can say it is much better that A link to the past.
And yes, I love both JRPGs and Zelda games

I'm not sure that's a very unpopular opinion. Chrono Trigger is very well made, very well loved, and tons of people will prefer it to A Link to the Past. It's more divisive than anything else.

steamhare

DiscoDriver43

E.T. the video game isn't that bad at all, Just a meh game. Atari's fault was being stupid and making more copies than Atari 2600s.

oh and E.T. is a terrible movie, so a meh game > terrible movie

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

LzWinky

Dreamz wrote:

Except most users already made their statements before posting pictures...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BearHunger

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

@Caryslan Um...who thought that Smash Bros wasn't a fighting game? It's not a racing game

It's not a "Pure" fighter though. It's a Party/Fighter, really.

I wouldn't have it any other way. The thing is, "pure" fighters

sssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk.

There, that's another unpopular opinion.
And a couple others:

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii is an original Mario game because of the multiplayer.
  • Kart racing is an actual genre, not just “Mario Kart ripoffs.” Besides, Mario Kart has been ripping off other kart racers for a while now.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic