Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 281 to 300 of 12,088

I-U

Maelstrom wrote:

@CanisWolfred Most people seem to think Other M is worse, but I don't see how that is possible

I can imagine a person liking Metroid or Metroid II more so than Other M, as to me, with a printed map, those are still great experiences. For me though, Other M's story sets it apart with how well it connects to the franchise's content to expand on Samus Aran's character, and so most of the time I do rank Other M higher.

Some more opinions:

• Kid Icarus Uprising's story is the only thing that made the game worth while.
  • Sengan Kagura Burst should have a dedicated Miiverse community in spite of its content.
  • The child years of Ocarina of Time are a better experience than the adult years due to the use of easier puzzles.
  • Animal Crossing is only outstanding once. I love Wild World, but could not get into City Folk and New Leaf.
  • Super Mario 3D Land is better than Super Mario 3D World.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

64supermario

Metroid Other M was actually a good game, with a tad lame story for a character that didn't have much to go on to begin with it.

Untitled

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

I hope SMTXFE does not have SMT style gameplay

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Agree with this.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Dreamz

One that I can't recall seeing here, but has possibly already been mentioned:

• I consider graphical quality to be far less important than artistic direction.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Wheeler

Jak and Daxter 2 wasn't that great of a game.

Wheeler

8BitSamurai

ShadowFox254 wrote:

No, it was horrendous. The worst sequel I have ever played to a game.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

LzWinky

Final Fantasy is dead and XV will be a crapfest

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Wheeler

8BitSamurai wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

No, it was horrendous. The worst sequel I have ever played to a game.

I was trying to put it nicely as possible, but it seems I don't need to. Its pure crap. How the hell did it receive positive praises is the million dollar question.

Wheeler

MuchoMochi

Unca_Lz wrote:

Maybe I'm a little out of touch, but I could have sworn this was pretty popular idea.

Some more unpopular ideas:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's combat is so frustrating. I think the game would be much better if the combat wasn't so clunky.
I don't think a gamer should be seen any less of a gamer for wanting to use a strategy guide to help them through a game.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror's of Fate was a much better game then I think people give it credit for.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

BearHunger

@ShadowFox254 I'll say it, but I'm gonna hate myself in the morning: having been a Naughty Dog game might have had something to do with it.

I get the feeling that if I played it, it would be in the same manner that I played The Revenge of Shinobi: lots of hate and frustration, yet I would keep coming back to it, in part because it got such positive reception and therefore must be good, and in part because it has some infectious quality that I can't quite put my finger on. By the end of the experience I would probably come out loving it, like with the aforementioned Shinobi game.

I don't think I'll play it though, because I already have Jak 3, which I've read is like Jak 2 but not as bad. And I have a lot of problems with Jak 3—but that didn't stop me from playing it for hours on end. As a game it is hugely overrated, but the devotion I gave it in the short timespan that I spent playing through it is nigh unrivaled. I dunno what it is.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

CaviarMeths

Unca_Lz wrote:

That's arguably a pretty popular opinion. Every main release since X has sold less than the one before it. Lightning Returns didn't even manage 10% of the sales of Final Fantasy VII. Even Tales of Xillia outsold Lightning Returns. Final Fantasy is officially being outsold by niche JRPGs.

It's dead, Jim.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Magikarp3

CaviarMeths wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

That's arguably a pretty popular opinion. Every main release since X has sold less than the one before it. Lightning Returns didn't even manage 10% of the sales of Final Fantasy VII. Even Tales of Xillia outsold Lightning Returns. Final Fantasy is officially being outsold by niche JRPGs.

It's dead, Jim.

I think XV will be pretty darned amazing, if only because XIII generated heaps and heaps of fan criticism and Square seems to listen to fans nowadays. And the Tales series aren't really niche RPGs, but they are substantially different to the FF series.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

CanisWolfred

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

What do you mean by SMT gameplay? Most entries in the franchise play entirely different from one another. Like most big RPG franchises...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Fine then. Dragon Quest has always been superior to Final Fantasy!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

64supermario

@Unca_Lz I'd rather that Nintendo got a Bravely Default HD for the Wii U than a Final Fantasy to be honest. Sony and Microsoft can keep'em I've jumped ship.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

Dreamz

64supermario wrote:

I'd rather that Nintendo got a Bravely Default HD for the Wii U than a Final Fantasy to be honest. Sony and Microsoft can keep'em I've jumped ship.

Agreed. The Final Fantasy series nosedived after FFXI (which is different from the slow decline it saw after FFVI).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

LzWinky

64supermario wrote:

@Unca_Lz I'd rather that Nintendo got a Bravely Default HD for the Wii U than a Final Fantasy to be honest. Sony and Microsoft can keep'em I've jumped ship.

Bravely Default HD would be one of the most pointless ports made

SkywardLink98

Guild Wars 2 is awesome...
...I'll show myself out now

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic