Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 12,088

Kyloctopus

Yoshi's Island is the worst Mario Platformer.
The ckeckpoints of Yoshi's Island were too far away and having it not save all the coins/stars you got after your latest checkpoint was frustrated. But that frustration is very fitting with Yoshi's weak flutter jump, the imperfect egg shooting mechanic and Baby Mario's cries of sadness that could make anyone want to turn off their system just to make it stop.
What makes it more frustrating is that they fixed nearly NONE of these issues in the later games. I look at Wooly World and the game does look easier, but they should've taken note from Epic Yarn and not let you die in the game. Instead, let it drop some of your collectables. That way, not only does it mean you have to go through to re-collect your collectables after you fall every time, but alsoI feel like a true 100% clear would mean there's no possibility that you died over and over with no penalties involved other than losing a life (which was really easy to get in Yoshi's Island).

I hope Zelda U will be one of the only open world Zelda games in the next 10 years. I like the story element of Zelda and being Open World will leave the story to be less of a full detailed adventure.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

LzWinky

DBPirate wrote:

> Shulk's the worst character in Smash 4

Megaman is even worse.

> I'd prefer a Mario Sunshine remake as opposed to a sequel

I do too. Though a sequel would be nice.

> Both Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time is overrated (but OOT more so)

Ocarina 3D is a whole lot better than Ocarina 64

> I am more excited for the yet-to-be-announced Animal Crossing U than Zelda U

I'm not. AC U will most likely be a rehash with some improvements

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AlexSays

A rehashed AC would be more enjoyable than another Twilight Princess ^.^

AlexSays

Kyloctopus

AlexSays wrote:

Yeah...but only for a year, max. Then it gets repetitious.
And that's to say you have the commitment to go a year. I didn't. Couldn't even go 5 months (I blame Pokemon Y).

Kyloctopus

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

AlexSays, showing why your opinion is bad since 2008

What if we had another Majora's Mask?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

Meh, Animal Crossing isn't really my cup of tea.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

creeprtrainer52

@Birthday_Boy nope. once you start playing there is NO escape because you start feeling guilty about all those little critters just sitting in their homes waiting to have a conversation with you. its like prison

creeprtrainer52

AlexSays

WaLzgi wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

AlexSays, showing why your opinion is bad since 2008

What if we had another Majora's Mask?

I can't lie to you dawg, I skipped MM

But I'm assuming it would also fall to the AC master race

AlexSays

Drawdler

I like water levels (even the Water Temple), because I think they're a fun break from usual level design
I can't think of any I dislike besides those in Sonic (and even then, I liked them in Colours)
I guess you could count Under Pressure and Deep Trouble from Crash Warped as well, just because the Relics are frustratingly hard to get, but when I'm not going for those I love both levels
I'd love to see more water levels in games

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

PanicPuppet

I couldn't get into the NES MegaMan games. I tried the first one, and was intimidated by the difficulty and clunky controls. I'm aware that's only the case for MM 1, but I don't really care to try the rest as of now.

I think the X series is superior to the NES series, and the first MegaMan Legends is better than its sequel.

(Legends also happens to be one of my all-time favorite games.)

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Geonjaha

Drawdler wrote:

I'd love to see more water levels in games

You say that like they're not one of the biggest cliches in the industry. Next you'll be saying you want more desert and forest levels.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Drawdler

^ What can I say? I like them that much. /shrug

Maybe it's just the games I play, but it feels like a fair few have very few water levels and short water segments, if they aren't totally forgone. I'm not trying to say it's a rare trope, because it's not, it's just that I want more anyway. XD I feel like it could still be explored a lot more.

Since we're on level tropes, I want more food levels as well, because those are just so much fun. They can be hard to fit in, but still.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

SkywardLink98

Moshugan wrote:

I'm scared of online gaming. :<

As long as you mute everyone things should work out okay.

I don't like playing Counter-Strike competitively. My internet is unstable, and I'm too afraid I'm going to get disconnected. It's been fun the few times I've played it, but I feel guilty because I know if I d/c it'll ruin the match for everyone and then I'll get a temporary ban.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

iKhan

-Steamworld Dig is the best 2D platformer I have ever played
-Plants vs. Zombies has music on par with major Mario and Zelda games. (I mean, seriously listen to this (played by original composer): http://youtu.be/Cg1jesy5PlI?t=22s )

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DBPirate

AlexSays wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

I am more excited for the yet-to-be-announced Animal Crossing U than Zelda U

You're not alone with this one. A good AC game is my only hope of caring enough to buy a Wii U. Zelda is always hit or miss

Now the remake of Sunshine you might be alone in. If they're making the game we might as well play levels we haven't seen

I'm not surprised on that Sunshine one.
Oh, and I seem to have started a riot about Animal Crossing U...

Edited on by DBPirate

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

ThePirateCaptain

Birthday_Boy wrote:

The ckeckpoints of Yoshi's Island were too far away and having it not save all the coins/stars you got after your latest checkpoint was frustrated. But that frustration is very fitting with Yoshi's weak flutter jump, the imperfect egg shooting mechanic and Baby Mario's cries of sadness that could make anyone want to turn off their system just to make it stop.
What makes it more frustrating is that they fixed nearly NONE of these issues in the later games. I look at Wooly World and the game does look easier, but they should've taken note from Epic Yarn and not let you die in the game. Instead, let it drop some of your collectables. That way, not only does it mean you have to go through to re-collect your collectables after you fall every time, but alsoI feel like a true 100% clear would mean there's no possibility that you died over and over with no penalties involved other than losing a life (which was really easy to get in Yoshi's Island).

That's because they didn't need fixing in the first place

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Kyloctopus

CapnPancakes wrote:

Birthday_Boy wrote:

That's because they didn't need fixing in the first place

You know what, they did actually try to fix an aspect with it in Yoshi's New Island having the Flutter Wings. If I were to ever buy New Island, I would consider playing the whole game with the wings.
How to fix the egg throwing mechanic: Use the touch screen as an option to shoot eggs.
How to fix the egg throwing mechanic in Wooly World: Second analog stick.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

Drobotic

Melee is the most overrated game in the entire Smash Bros. series.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Storytime7

Drobotic wrote:

Melee is the most overrated game in the entire Smash Bros. series.

Regardless of improvements later entries may have made, Melee was a pretty big jump forward from Smash 64. Melee is to Smash Bros. what MM2 was to Mega Man, and Gold/Silver were to Pokemon. I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but I wouldn't say it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

Is it an unpopular opinion to think all the Smash games are good? I definitely have preferences over which entries in the series I'd rather play, but I don't think any of them are bad games.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic